TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

I know over at the Hudson boards people are still up in arms over the emulation issues (Scrolling is Sloooooow) in Military Madness (Great Game Btw). So they have held back their next VC title, Dungeon Explorer, because of the same emulation issues. Nintendo apparently is hell bent on releasing every mediocre title for the NES. I know Reggie has said that they will stagger out the VC hits in between the big releases for the Wii, so after WarioWare comes out we should see top notch stuff arrive. And it's not like Super Castlevania, Toe Jam and Earl, or R-Type was a let down on Christmas.

Supposedly Mario RPG comes out in Feb... So just hang in there gang!

Guest Smues

Weak titles today, but it's not like every release is going to be great. Last week's was great and bought them a few weeks of crap forgiveness.

Weak titles today, but it's not like every release is going to be great. Last week's was great and bought them a few weeks of crap forgiveness.

There should be no weeks going by without something worthwhile. Come on, in between the NES, SNES, N64, TG-16, and Genesis--we get Urban Champion and Baseball on NES?

"I assume the reason only 2 today is because it's New Year's Day and no one cares? No idea."

Provided they aren't scheduled to work or jetting off somewhere, what do you think gamers do on New Years Day? I mean, after noon when they've probably shaken themselves out of a drunken haze.

Believe it or not, I'm using my Wii at the moment to play Star Fox Adventures.

Nintendo has published hundreds of games over the years, and they choose Urban Champion, possibly the worst game in their whole catalog.

Guest Dirty Killingsocks

Source?

Source?

One of the sites reported that it had submitted for a new ERSB rating. I can't find it atm, so it maybe a rumor hence, why I said supposedly :)

ESRB ratings just mean the games have been submitted for a rating, not that they've coming out "soon." Kid Icarus and Contra 3 are also on there, among others like Kirby's Adventure.

Guest Dirty Killingsocks

Source?

One of the sites reported that it had submitted for a new ERSB rating. I can't find it atm, so it maybe a rumor hence, why I said supposedly :)
ESRB ratings just mean the games have been submitted for a rating, not that they've coming out "soon." Kid Icarus and Contra 3 are also on there, among others like Kirby's Adventure.

Yeah, I heard about the ESRB rating, I was just wondering where the "comes out in Feb" part came from. No big deal.

Wii's Madden is good, but I kept getting annoyed because at least once a game I'd fuck up a kickoff or a punt

The initial problem I had was keeping kicks from hooking left/right but the best way to fix that is to just do the FG practice minigame a lot.

I'm very surprised that Nintendo hasn't put any new N64 games on VC yet. I hate just seeing Mario 64. I have played that game HUNDREDS of times, and that's the only one they put out on the VC.

Guest Dirty Killingsocks

The only other N64 games they've even announced are: AeroFighters Assault, Beetle Adventure Racing, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party, Star Fox 64, and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

And I'll only be getting Mario Kart 64 out of those.

Guest Princess Leena

N64 games are significantly larger, plus I assume there's much more work into emulating them.

Guest Princess Leena

90% of emulated N64 games now have some graphical issues, at least. And a few aren't even playable. Whereas most SNES/Genesis, etc... dumps have no issues.

Okay, so you're saying that the problem is that Nintendo apparently is having issues emulating them? I somewhat doubt that. It isn't quite like Nintendo is Sega--"oh noes we can't emulate Saturn DUUUUUUUR!"

Granted, I assume it's more complicated than that. However, issues with Rumble games and Expansion Pak games don't surprise me too much.

Has No Mercy been officially ruled out because of the copyright issue?

I'm not sure of the legal issues involved in that, if it is just a re-release of an old game, albeit in a different medium (VC). However, every other sports game to get similar treatment I think has been unlicensed.

I think EA released those lousy Madden-games-in-a-controller and they were Madden 95 and NHL 95. However, EA currently holds the licensing for making NFL/NHL games, plus I assume any necessary agreements with the players' associations. OTOH, WWE/F guys are "independent contractors" and I assume would need to be paid unless they're a part of the Legends program.

Guest Princess Leena
Okay, so you're saying that the problem is that Nintendo apparently is having issues emulating them? I somewhat doubt that. It isn't quite like Nintendo is Sega--"oh noes we can't emulate Saturn DUUUUUUUR!"

I don't think they're having issues. I'm just saying there's a lot more work into "fixing" those roms.

I don't think they're having issues. I'm just saying there's a lot more work into "fixing" those roms.

Not sure I'm following you. What I think you're saying is that there's no problem on the hardware/ VC emulator side of things (VC was planned from the very beginning after all), but software-wise, not everything may necessarily click right off the bat, right?

Anyone pick up Elebits lately? One, I'd love to keep the Wii number thread up to date. Two, I just made a level, and sent it to all registered Elebits users. All two of you.