TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Princess Leena

So, wildpegasus IS banned, after all.

That's because everyone but me that has set one up has followed the TSM template. Topic-oriented material doesn't work as well with less people.

So a board full of "Comments that don't warrant a thread" threads?

Guest Felonies!

It's like the modal jazz of message boards.

Anyway, I think if anything, the Danny Maff's Nitro Party AIM chat carries on the WDI lineage more than the Pit does, just based on who's involved.

Guest Princess Leena

We need a Princess Leena era.

There'd be some shit people would remember.

Guest Felonies!
We need a Princess Leena era.

There'd be some shit people would remember.

We had that era, and we still haven't forgotten the shit.

That's because everyone but me that has set one up has followed the TSM template. Topic-oriented material doesn't work as well with less people.

That's probably because the TSM template is "a message board." Unless you're putting together a place to dick around with friends with zero expectations, you're going to be dealing with "topic-oriented material" because that's what people get on the internet to do - discuss topics with other various and sundry folks. There are thousands of internet communities structured like TSM. And there are thousands of communities sitting out there, dormant, because they don't have anybody around to discuss.

The reason these satellite boards don't go anywhere are because the people that start those boards in revolt/frustration/boredom care much more about said drama than Joe Internet Guy who hops onto TSM/wherever for an hour during Raw to chat about Randy Orton. This Wildpegasus shit may seem like a real drag for ten or twelve vocal contributors around here, but it means less than shit to RonL21 or NWAJuggaloSirOwen or a hundred other posters around here. It's probably even harder for long-time posters to defect because they've already developed posting habits, made friends, and all that crap. People despise change.

So, unless another board puts forth a more palatable alternative, nobody's going anywhere. And that's why everybody else has failed - because nobody has ever consistently nailed having a better place for long enough to get people to jump on board for longer than a month or two. WDI did it for a while, SNKT did it for a while, and even the Pit and NMB have had moments, but none of them have ever remained around/strong long enough to have establish the community that Scott Keith and that fuckwad Shannon did when they started the remnants of this board how many ever years ago.

To be fair, I made fun of you before that board had a chance to die, while it was dying, and after the fact.

The second to last WDI revival actually was doing quite well for a time until board errors killed it.

I don't see what the big fuss is about.

Leena is the same thing as WP and nobody complains about "her".

They are both gimmicks. They both troll out of control. Both provide entertainment, sometimes in a sad way.

Therefore, if WP goes, Leena should go too. But I'm in the minority, I wouldn't ban WP. Leena either.

Guest CWMwasmurdered
I've tried this several times, but all the posters just abandon it after a few days and then make fun of me after it's dead. So, I've washed my hands of that.

That's because it's the same 15-20 people that talk in the chats at least once a week. and we've been doing that for at least what? 2 years. Some of us for nearly 5. It's hard for us to all stay interested because most of the core group doesn't watch wrestling anymore, and we run out of stuff to talk about, or we just talk about them on AIM.

The only way a splinter board can really do well is for a large number of people with varying tastes joining and bringing in other people.

Dammit alf, don't change threads halfway through me reading them.

About The Pit, Boardum is pretty much seperate from the rest of the board, as is the politics section. Nonetheless, both are doing pretty well. The Pit's doing better for longer than most of the other spin-off boards (at least since the WDI/SNKT hey-days).

As for WP, this is a lot of drama about someone writing stuff on the internet. Shame on you all.

You mod-fellows should simply consider banning wildpegasus from the bottom half of the board. It's an idea that's been offered repeatedly to deaf ears. He seems fine when discussing professional wrestling (though the rohbot thing is pretty weak) but on the bottom half he can't himself from gems like:

Thread - 'Help Me Stock My Booze Cabinet'

wildpegasus - "Apple Juice cuz alcohol bad!"

That thread's my baby.

Guest Princess Leena
I don't see what the big fuss is about.

Leena is the same thing as WP and nobody complains about "her".

They are both gimmicks. They both troll out of control. Both provide entertainment, sometimes in a sad way.

Therefore, if WP goes, Leena should go too. But I'm in the minority, I wouldn't ban WP. Leena either.

Where do I troll outside of The Chocolate Socket.

How am I a gimmick. This is my only account. The same cannot be said for you, sir.

Guest Vitamin X
Really, guys. Why do you think nobody takes all these Big Crackdowns seriously? Within 24 hours of drafting new rules, you go and break them yourselves. You're such a bunch of fucking clowns. But I bet Damaramu's shenanigans will not be tolerated!

hal-9000.jpg

Unless you are just asking for a ban, I would suggest you not talk to me that way.