TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

You know, I know a lot of vegans, and they're all ok. One guy even sat in Carls Jr with me and chatted, and afterwards we went to a vegan place and chatted. He had a "meat is murder" tattoo. Appropriately, I was wearing an American Psycho shirt.

That second comment MVP made doesn't even make sense. Was it supposed to be insult?

More like a strawman argument. I was reading a book about that earlier...

The one vegan I knew well was a pretty chill dude. We sat next to each other during first block cafeteria study hall during my junior year of high school. We mostly discussed the current Mark Trail storyline and told a lot of inside jokes (Usually involving the cafeteria staff inadvertantly putting live hagfish into the day's lunch and the ensuing pandemonium). As you can tell, I was very cool in high school but that's neither here nor there.

I guess you're one of the millions of Americans that don't actually chew their food, but just wolf it down.

What? I'm Canadian. I guess I'm American in the sense that I live in the Americas, although such a geographic concept is most likely beyond you. Further, was that an insult? As someone's pointed out, this is a strawman attack, a classic logical fallacy, or, more generally, a non-sequiter.

Colloquially speaking (and this is for you, Deon), it means you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

A guy followed me home starting about a block or two from my house (I was on my bike) and called the cops on me for making a left turn.

Whoa. That's, like, superdickery. How did you know he called the cops, and what for? Did the guy just tell you, or are the cops in your town such underachieving losers that they actually came out for this call?

It's definitely not illegal to take a right turn. Most bikers choose to go through intersections if they're clear. I did that about a block or two from the street I had to turn left on, and lane split the two lanes there were. I got about 10, 15 seconds ahead of everyone else and pedaled like crazy in order to not keep up traffic, moved into the left lane, went through another minor light, and then made my left. A guy even pulled up next to me and said, "BOY GET YOUR PUNK ASS OUT OF THE MIDDLE UH THE DAMN ROAD!" To which I said, "I have to take a left turn, I had to be in this lane."

Then after making my left turn, a guy pulls up right behind me in his car, sits perpendicular to my driveway, and pulls out his phone, watching me go into my house. While opening the gate, I turned around and went up to his car and said, "Can I help you with something?"

"I'm calling the cops on you, kid. Don't ride your damn bike in the middle of the road."

I kinda just rolled my eyes and went back into my house. I don't know if the cops ever came, I left shortly after to go to the city.

I guess you're one of the millions of Americans that don't actually chew their food, but just wolf it down.

What? I'm Canadian.

So, technically, you're not one of those Americans that chews their their food. It all works out. Same thing.

A guy followed me home starting about a block or two from my house (I was on my bike) and called the cops on me for making a left turn.

Whoa. That's, like, superdickery. How did you know he called the cops, and what for? Did the guy just tell you, or are the cops in your town such underachieving losers that they actually came out for this call?

It's definitely not illegal to take a right turn. Most bikers choose to go through intersections if they're clear. I did that about a block or two from the street I had to turn left on, and lane split the two lanes there were. I got about 10, 15 seconds ahead of everyone else and pedaled like crazy in order to not keep up traffic, moved into the left lane, went through another minor light, and then made my left. A guy even pulled up next to me and said, "BOY GET YOUR PUNK ASS OUT OF THE MIDDLE UH THE DAMN ROAD!" To which I said, "I have to take a left turn, I had to be in this lane."

Then after making my left turn, a guy pulls up right behind me in his car, sits perpendicular to my driveway, and pulls out his phone, watching me go into my house. While opening the gate, I turned around and went up to his car and said, "Can I help you with something?"

"I'm calling the cops on you, kid. Don't ride your damn bike in the middle of the road."

I kinda just rolled my eyes and went back into my house. I don't know if the cops ever came, I left shortly after to go to the city.

Do people know that bikes can access the left turn lane? They are considered vehicles, so likely what happened is, guy called the cops, cops told him that you have the right to use the turn lane as long as you aren't slowing the flow of traffic.

THE END.

*goes and looks for his Cycling Merit Badge he earned like a decade ago.*

Guest Tzar Lysergic
You didn't get to the top of the food chain at all. In fact, stick you in an area with other predators and I bet you'll be at the bottom of the food chain. I'll even give you a gun.

Ha! I'll take you up on that one.

While I don't doubt your proficiency with a gun, and in truth am a little bit frightened by it, I think it's more of a comment on how Deon's more likely to end up shooting himself by accident then being able to adequately defend himself.

This being said, are you sure? Say you're in a room with a pack of hungry wolves. Can you kill all of them in time before one mauls and eats you? If not, how many could you reasonably be able to kill before you succumb to the pack?

Well, there's a couple of mitigating factors to the wolves. Have you ever seen how wild dogs react to gunfire? It frightens them. A pack of humans is way more dangerous.

Also, what kind of gun? 9mm? Shotgun? Muzzle loader?

Size of the room?

Bottom line, I'll take my chances ten times out of ten with a gun vs. dogs.

Elephants, though.. That's different.

Tigers, too.

Do people know that bikes can access the left turn lane? They are considered vehicles, so likely what happened is, guy called the cops, cops told him that you have the right to use the turn lane as long as you aren't slowing the flow of traffic.

THE END.

yeah, no shit. he was doing the left correctly if anything. retards. all of them. especially the cop.

Well, there's a couple of mitigating factors to the wolves. Have you ever seen how wild dogs react to gunfire? It frightens them. A pack of humans is way more dangerous.

Size of the room?

Tigers, too.

Do you happen to own a firearm that would take down an elephant?

bursted

- Vegans. No, the animal is not your God damn friend so quit pretending! I know I didn't get to the top of the food chain just to be a fucking vegetarian!

Okay, that does it. Speaking in my capacity as an administrator, this thread is dangerously close to being closed due to excessive shitty posting. This thread plays host to some of the most insipid bitching this community has ever seen outside of Site Feedback during big shake-ups. Its redeeming qualities are few. Most gripes expressed here are thoroughly inconsequential, poorly articulated, or both. Suck less or joke punishments will be levied on posters commensurate with their participation in this black hole, myself included.

That coming off the heels of Milky's awesome Simpsons reference and post? Unforgivable. Not so much that I'm outraged with your stance against this thread, rather: I wanted to post with "uhhhh" after Milky. Son of a bitch!

Guest The Elements of Style

I'm putting Deon in the Gulag for that completely ridiculous attempt at an insult. I stared at that for a good three minutes before I just gave up and threw a box of paper clips on the ground in frustration. Holy shit.

yeah, no shit. he was doing the left correctly if anything. retards. all of them. especially the cop.

Wow. Read much?

You didn't get to the top of the food chain at all. In fact, stick you in an area with other predators and I bet you'll be at the bottom of the food chain. I'll even give you a gun.

Ha! I'll take you up on that one.

While I don't doubt your proficiency with a gun, and in truth am a little bit frightened by it, I think it's more of a comment on how Deon's more likely to end up shooting himself by accident then being able to adequately defend himself.

This being said, are you sure? Say you're in a room with a pack of hungry wolves. Can you kill all of them in time before one mauls and eats you? If not, how many could you reasonably be able to kill before you succumb to the pack?

Size of the room?

Tigers, too.

I wasn't thinking a pack of anything, but rather one wolf, one bear, one tiger, one lion, on flesh eating ape etc.

I was also thinking MVP, not somebody who's experienced with fire arms. I wasn't saying people as a race haven't made it to the top of the food chain, I was saying HE hasn't done shit.

Wow. Read much?

apparently i misread the reply. thank you for pointing this out.

Wow. Read much?

apparently i misread the reply. thank you for pointing this out.

...I don't get it. What's wrong with it?

i read it as the cop came to harass the guy about his left-turning ways. but it was written as the guy didn't know if the cop showed or not.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Size of the room?

Tigers, too.

Well, I've never shot an elephant, so I'm not sure.

If we're talking a full-grown bull elephant, I think my shotgun fitted with the right barrel and 3.5" mag slugs could drop one. It can stop a car, anyway, and absolutely shred a thick piece of lumber.

Size of the room?

Tigers, too.

Well, I've never shot an elephant, so I'm not sure.

If we're talking a full-grown bull elephant, I think my shotgun fitted with the right barrel and 3.5" mag slugs could drop one. It can stop a car, anyway, and absolutely shred a thick piece of lumber.

You obviously know more about guns then me but if you're using a shotgun on a bull elephant you better pray that you either take a limb off or suitably cripple it because if not that thing is putting a tusk right through your bread basket.

The problem with killing an elephant is part having the right firepower, and part knowing where to aim. Many people who've never gone hunting think that you just point your gun in the general direction of animal's torso and it drops dead when you shoot. The reality is not quite like that, especially when you're shooting at something like an elephant where you really do have to aim carefully in order to hit a vital organ.

People who think the meaning of "reverse racism" is when black people are racist against whites.

So what does it mean, exactly? It's not listed in the dictionary. Wiki defines it as sorta being affirmative action, but with the caveat that it's "an elusive concept".

Problems that can't easily be solved because neither side - if even they each truthfully believe they aren't the problem - can admit fault. No, this isn't something "deep" about religious wars or something petty about relationship arguments (though those suck too) - it's just me complaining about my recent string of WWE 24/7 problems.

WWE takes the stance that they send EVERYTHING to the cable companies and it's their sole responsibility to properly update. Sometimes their automatic updating system fails and the cable company is supposed to notice this and manually adjust it.

The cable company says "Hey, we put everything up we were sent, call us on the telephone (side annoyance: Having to call human beings in the computer age - just read my e-mail, guys!) to tell us what's missing so we can call WWE and tell them to send it".

This solves nothing.

Duhh, it's obviously when you give a certain race special privileges/treat them nicely because of their race. It's like if I never give white people smokes when they ask me for one, but always give them to black people because I don't want them to think I'm racist.

Black on white hate isn't reverse racism. It's racism.

I don't see the difference, it's still treating one person better than another because they're a different shade of crayola. In this case, less light peach and more burnt umber.

I get it, racism is being excessively "bad" to a race, creed, orientation, reverse racism is being excessively "nice" to a race, creed, oritentation. Almost to make up for the racists.

I get it, racism is being excessively "bad" to a race, creed, orientation, reverse racism is being excessively "nice" to a race, creed, oritentation. Almost to make up for the racists.

bill1.jpg

NOW You're catching On!