TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

TWiB 9/25 - 10/1

Jason Lane muscles up on one to tie it at 2, but I'm sure everybody in this thread is watching the game already. Hey! Quintero's on base again. Have a game, Q!

Yeah. Sept. 25th has been good for the 'Stros. Mike Scott got his no-no to clinch the division back in 86 on this day. Did Quintero get hit in the nuts by that Nunez bunt? It looked like it hurt. I hope to see "Double Balls" Rick White get in this game.

Blue Jays win 5-0 over Boston, and take over second place in the East. Should they finish there, it would be their best finish in 13 years, since...well, you know.

The Red Sox look like they've just rolled over and died.

Whatagamewhatagame. Matt Smith no longer has a 0.00 ERA. And OP continues to be hot.

Edit: LAMBO~!!!!!!!!!!!! The 'Stros have absolutely no fuckin' quit in them whatsoever.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Griffey returning with a GW 3 run HR. He's now tied with Reggie Jackson for #10 on the career list with 563. Had he not been so injury prone I think it would have been awesome to see him and Barry race to try to break Aaron's record first.

The Astros have used 9 pitchers in 9 innings to set a new franchise record. This game's been a nail-biter, for sure.

Garner throwing all the shit against the wall and hoping something sticks?

Hey, it stuck. And now...by popular demand...

The 'Stros took on the Phils tonite. The Astros were looking to move back to .500 for the first time since early July. Chris Sampson, the ground-ball machine and he of the whipass goatee, got the start against Randy "A.O" Wolf. Sampson looked really good for 3 2/3 innings, giving up 2 hits and no runs. Howard and somebody else, Utley perhaps, got on base, and Springer came in and got Pat "The Bat" to leave the bases loaded. Wandy Rodriguez gave up a 2-run single to the MVP, Ryan Howard, but Jason Lane showed what a dangerous .205 hitter he is and launched a ball to tie the game. The Phillies used about 18 pitchers in the 6th, including Rick "Double Balls" White and the Astros used about 13 pinch-hitters and ended up with a 1-run lead. Dan Wheeler came in for the save and Quintero got hit in the nuts by an Abraham O. Nunez bunt. The 'Stros are now at .500 for the season. The Dodgers are happy, and the Cards are losing. Presuming the Cards drop the game tonite and Chris Young pitches well tomorrow and the Astros can come up against Ian "Go to" Snell, they'll be 1.5 games back with 5 games to go. Thank you and don't forget to tip your waitresses.

Not related, but christ, fantasy baseball's annoying. I get to the final for the first time in three years and I'm getting straight-up mollywhopped. My hitting has been utter shit, although I'm getting it done in the power departments.

The problem lies with my opposition having Jimmy Rollins, Chase Utley, Tori Hunter and Justin Morneau at the right time. He had 18 homers and 53 RBI last week alone. I thought I was doing nicely because of Abreu tonight, but I look over and see he's got four homers and 11 RBI. Blah.

I seem to get stuck with a lot of guys who have poor years by their standards. Last year, I had Beltre and Beltran; this year it was Teixeria and Vlad.

One note of interest: The Houston Astros won a coin toss against the St. Louis Cardinals to determine where a playoff game for the NL Central would take place. It would come on Oct. 3rd, which would be Clemens' day to start, but Garner said if it came down to it, he wouldn't start Rocket that day cuz he wants him to start the first game of the NLDS.

Edit: And there's the ballgame in St. Louis. 6-5 Friars. 2.5 games back with 6 to go. My nipples are hard.

Twins clinch a playoff birth

Damn right. Now the Twins are only 1 game back of the AL Central Title. It is great that there is going to be only one team from the AL East in the playoffs this season.

Guest NYankees
Blue Jays win 5-0 over Boston, and take over second place in the East. Should they finish there, it would be their best finish in 13 years, since...well, you know.

The Red Sox look like they've just rolled over and died.

If the Blue Jays finish in second place it will be for the first time since 1998 that the AL East standings didn't end up with the Yankees, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Orioles and Devil Rays in that order. Is there any other time that a division remained the same 8 years in a row?