TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

TWiB 9/25 - 10/1

The Cards are truly a one-man team. I am liking how the Busch faithful are sounding more like Cubs fans these days.

Well, being on the verge of a historical collapse will do that to you.

I'm hoping beyond hope that the Dodgers, Cards and Nats win. Then LA would be 2 ahead of Philly, and one behind the Padres. If we win the division, we get the Phillies with home field!

Yes, I'm hoping the Padres fall apart.

The Cardinals have won a baseball game~!

WOO PARTY

Congrats. Now make it a habit and keep the Evil Empire South out of the postseason.

I loved how Phil Garner let Dan Wheeler, his best reliever, throw 46 pitches tonight. I'm all in favor of keeping your best pitchers in the game as long as possible, but 46 pitches for a guy who's now thrown 4 of the past 5 nights seems a bit much. Better hope they don't need him tomorrow.

I loved how Phil Garner let Dan Wheeler, his best reliever, throw 46 pitches tonight. I'm all in favor of keeping your best pitchers in the game as long as possible, but 46 pitches for a guy who's now thrown 4 of the past 5 nights seems a bit much. Better hope they don't need him tomorrow.

At this point I think Garner's going to ride his horses into the ground if it gives him a better chance of winning. Of course given the Punch and Judy lineup the Astros have out there right now I have no idea how they're going to score.

At this point I think Garner's going to ride his horses into the ground if it gives him a better chance of winning. Of course given the Punch and Judy lineup the Astros have out there right now I have no idea how they're going to score.

At least he resisted the temptation to bring Oswalt back on short rest tonight and then again on Sunday as he was apparently thinking about doing.

I fell asleep at 8 and just turned on the Phillies game. From Al's last 5 or so posts I should consider myself lucky, I suppose. So far we got a double and a bunt single.

The Nats Stadium is basically empty except for the Phillies crowd, which have turned it into a Phils home game.

At least he resisted the temptation to bring Oswalt back on short rest tonight and then again on Sunday as he was apparently thinking about doing.

Yeah but I'm afraid Garner's going to throw Wandy out there to give his starters an extra day off somewhere down the stretch. The offense can't score 7 runs EVERY night.

I'm really liking Chris Sampson for the rotation next year. After going through the much hyped Ezequial Astacio, Taylor Buchholz, and Jason Hirsh (who hasn't been bad at all, really), I think Sampson's going to be better than any of them. Looks like the 'Stros will remain 1.5 games back with the Cards going to Miller to face Davis (they suck against lefties), Sheets, Capuano, and...do they face Dave Bush or Ohka? I hope Bush.

If the Phillies lose this one, that kid may spontaneously combust.

THIS IS AWESOME! *clap clap clap clap clap*