TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Sweet Tea

So I just got back from visting a friend in Texas, and they have Sweet Tea there, no not the Nestea or Snapple mix, but actual gallons of sweat tea at the supermarket. I believe it was "Red Diamond" Sweet Tea. It is also served at most resteraunts. So is Sweat Tea just a southern thing, because today I tried two Grocery stores and couldn't find the shit, just the mixes for the bigger name brands. Dammit I want some of that shit now.

Frow what I know of the South, it's a Southern thing. Also, in some parts of the South, "Coke" is a used to describe all pop/soda, a la Band-Aid.

Frow what I know of the South, it's a Southern thing. Also, in some parts of the South, "Coke" is a used to describe all pop/soda, a la Band-Aid.

Yes to both observations. I think it's legal to beat a person that asks for Pepsi down here. Also, you have to specify unsweet iced tea in restaurants.

The two main brands of sweet tea I know of (Though I don't drink tea in any form, but my family does) are Red Diamond and Milo's.

Yes to both observations. I think it's legal to beat a person that asks for Pepsi down here. Also, you have to specify unsweet iced tea in restaurants.

If you ask for anything other than tea, coke, or Dr. Pepper you are asking for trouble!

Guest NYankees
So I just got back from visting a friend in Texas, and they have Sweet Tea there, no not the Nestea or Snapple mix, but actual gallons of sweat tea at the supermarket. I believe it was "Red Diamond" Sweet Tea. It is also served at most resteraunts. So is Sweat Tea just a southern thing, because today I tried two Grocery stores and couldn't find the shit, just the mixes for the bigger name brands. Dammit I want some of that shit now.

Sweat tea is not that hard to make. Brew regular tea but with cold water and add sugar if desired.

I do the same thing with Coke, as well. Though it's more because, when I do drink pop on a rare occasion, I prefer Coke over the sewer water known as Pepsi.

Sweet Tea, originates from the south but it's hardly limited to the south. There's all types of Sweet Tea brands in my local store and alot of restaurants have home-brewed variations.

That being said, I can't stand the stuff.

I am not saying there aren't sweetened tea brands here. I mean, I can buy Lipton, Nestea and other sweetened teas, but nothing touches the perfection of Red Diamond.

Boil some water. Add 1 bag of Lipton iced tea per quart. 1/2 cup sugar per quart. Mix together and add ice.

I think we call it ice tea up in Canada. I remember going to Jack in the Box down in Seattle and the iced tea was just that, not sweet and all and they asked if I wanted lemon or not.

Guest Felonies!

No, the ads always try to match the content of the thread. Sometimes they don't or can't, and it's worth a mild chuckle.

I noticed that Chik-Filet sells Sweet Tea by the gallon, and they have it on the menu here in California too....I wonder if it is the same stuff....