TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LivingLegendGaryColeman

We Have Us An Iron Man

Reminds me a little of the Robo-Cop suit. Which isn't too bad. I can live with it as long as it looks cool in the action scenes.

And I thought Nick Fury was a white guy? That's a little bit strange but I can deal with it.

Why is it Marvel movies are doing things from the Ultimate line of comics? I don't get that.

that could just be an earlier design suit as well. I thought I read somewhere that he goes through 3 suits through the course of this movie, including the big ugly suit that he started in in the comics. Maybe I'm just stoned.

anyway, I have no issues with it at all.

Looks excellent to me, and really why would an iron man suit be -sleek-. It should be a bit bulky.

Plus Iron Man has NEVER been very mobile on the ground, he usually uses boost jets to move anywhere fast, heck I don't recall in my young comic reading days, iron man walking ANYWHERE.

Lots of hovering, in fact ;p

Can't say enough how much I can't WAIT for this f'in movie. He's my fav superhero by a huge margin :)

Can't say enough how much I can't WAIT for this f'in movie. He's my fav superhero by a huge margin :)

I'm with you on that one jw. Iron Man and Green Arrow are my all-time favs and I'm very psyched for this movie. :)

1070new_storyimage2803223_full1.jpg

The cast- Jim Rhodes (Terrance Howard), Pepper Pott (Gwenyth Paltrow), Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr.), and Obadiah Stane (Jeff Bridges, channeling Jesse Ventura).

Everything about that but Paltrow looks great. Paltrow looks completely out of place and her acting has never come close to impressing me.

And I really thought Jeff Bridges was doing the Monty Burns exceeeellllent at first.

Why is it Marvel movies are doing things from the Ultimate line of comics? I don't get that.

Because Ultimate is basically a remix of the origins of superheroes and villains and it takes place in modern times making the stories down-to-Earth / more "realistic or believable". It works better in the movies because it gets to the point rather than the long, drawn-out version of the classics since most of them are just really silly or hokey.

Nonsensical question.. maybe. I always wondered.. you get movies like Batman Begins and Superman Returns and it's obvious that it's the actor who is playing the role in the costume.. but I've always wondered... when you've got Spider-Man in mask on the screen, is that actually Toby McGuire underneath? Will it actually be Downey Jr. in the Iron Man outfit? Or do they normally use stunt guys for stuff like that?

For the most part it's Tobey (I maean, he manages t loose his mask every freaking movie), but there are stunt doubles for the more difficult stuff. And it will probably be Downey under the mask for most of Iron Man.

The more I look at the picture of Iron Man, the more I like it. It seems to get less sqaushed every time I see it.

I wonder what's with the hold-up on the casting of the Mandarin.

He then starts building the suit and the next few scenes show him taking on a few Iraqi-types and we get to see the first Iron Man suit in action to the tune of Black Sabbath's "Iron Man." Lots of men are shooting at him but the bullets are bouncing off him and at one point, he swings his fist and his metal arm gets lodged into the cave walls and then one of the guys attacking him walks up and tries to shoot him in the Iron Man helmet but the bullet bounces back and hits him in the head.

I think that always a given that they would do that.

The cast- Jim Rhodes (Terrance Howard), Pepper Pott (Gwenyth Paltrow), Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr.), and Obadiah Stane (Jeff Bridges, channeling Jesse Ventura).

If I hadn't known any better I would have thought that was Chris Cornell at first.

If I hadn't known any better I would have thought that was Chris Cornell at first.

I had to have a second look to realise that it was Robert Downey Jr. in that pic.

As long as they only use the Black Sabbath song in the trailer then I really don't have too much of an issue with it. If it appears anywhere in the movie except for ending credits, then it gets pretty lame.