Arizona at UCLA

Memphis at UAB

Washington State at Oregon State

UL Lafayette at Houston

Florida International at North Texas

Wyoming at New Mexico

SMU at UTEP

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I'm just kind of curious..What are the odds for Bowling Green to win this week?

Guest Princess Leena

Bowling Green is +35 at most books. They're down this year. I would be surprised if OSU doesn't cover.

I'm very glad the USC game is on FSN. Will get Texas/1-loss Oklahoma.

We're two weeks away from the first BCS rankings and all but one of the computer rankings has made their's public so collegebcs.com has fairly accurate rankings right now. So here's the Unofficial BCS Top 25.

1) Ohio State 2) USC 3) Auburn 4) Michigan 5) Florida 6) Louisville 7) West Virginia 8) Oregon 9) Notre Dame 10) Georgia 11) Texas 12) LSU 13) Oklahoma 14) Tennessee 15) California 16) Clemson 17) Iowa 18) Boise State 19) Florida State 20) Rutgers 21) Virginia Tech 22) Georgia Tech 23) Washington 24) Nebraska 25) Missouri

-Because both the Coaches and Harris polls had Va Tech inexplicably ahead of Georgia Tech that's why the are also ahead in the BCS. The computer's hate the Hokies though right as they are ranked 36th on average and only in the Top 20 in one of them.

-Other teams the computer rankings hate (on average): Auburn (6th), West Virginia (15th), Texas (17th), LSU (20th), Clemson (22nd), Florida State (30th), Nebraska (31st)

-Teams the computer rankings love (on average): Michigan (3rd), Oregon (5th), Notre Dame (7th), Oklahoma (9th), Boise State (11th), Rutgers (15th), Washington (14th), Wake Forest (18th)

-Ohio State is #1 in four of the five reporting computer rankings, USC has the other top spot.

-Auburn ranks no higher than 5th in any computer ranking, Michigan is no lower than 5th.

-West Virginia is in the Top 10 in only one computer ranking and as low as 19th.

Good to see Oklahoma isnt getting shelacked in the computer rankings. I still hate Oklahoma, don't get me wrong.

I can't believe we'll go through a Texas vs. Oklahoma game without hearing from Dama.

Fuck a Cool Jew.

All this hostility... and on Yom Kippur. Fuck you, faygala. Dama got his damn self banned. I wish he was still here too... now theres noone to make ignorant, half-cocked little attempts to talk shit.

Other than you.

So thank god we've still got you. Count your blessings, you know.

I can't believe we'll go through a Texas vs. Oklahoma game without hearing from Dama.

Go to DVDVR then. He's there filling the quotient you need.

I think Oregon/Cal is going to have pretty big implications in the Pac-10. USC looked pretty vulnerable last week. Oregon, Cal and USC could all end up with one loss.

Anyway, Oregon's defense played really well last week, not allowing an offensive touchdown. I think they're exceeding expectations, but so is Nate Longshore. I might be a little west coast biased, but I think this is going to be the best game of the weekend.

All this hostility... and on Yom Kippur. Fuck you, faygala. Dama got his damn self banned. I wish he was still here too... now theres noone to make ignorant, half-cocked little attempts to talk shit.

Is that why the college football thread was five pages shorter last week? I knew something was different.

I think Oregon/Cal is going to have pretty big implications in the Pac-10. USC looked pretty vulnerable last week. Oregon, Cal and USC could all end up with one loss.

Anyway, Oregon's defense played really well last week, not allowing an offensive touchdown. I think they're exceeding expectations, but so is Nate Longshore. I might be a little west coast biased, but I think this is going to be the best game of the weekend.

Oregon comes in averaging 497 yards per game, 4th in Div. I, sixth in scoring at 40.3.

Cal is no .9 with 452.2 and no.8 with 38.4.

Both teams are loaded with offensive talent so it probably comes down to who makes the most mistakes and the defense. I'm still not sold on Nate Longshore being reliable enough so whether or not he turns the ball over could determine a lot about this game. Oregon comes in leading the Pac 10 in passing defense, allowing 147 yds per game. They have allowed 100 yard rushers in 3 games though, but all 3 were wins. Last year against Cal they gave up around 195 yds to Marshawn Lynch and still pulled it out. Dennis Dixon continues to impress and his O-line has allowed only 1 sack this season. Im picking Oregon 38 California 28 and Longshore with a pair of INTs.

Guest Princess Leena

Both run defenses stink. Cal must not practice tackling or something, because they're so soft. Other than their CB Hughes who's amongst the best in the nation, everyone else are bums. It's hard not to like Oregon with how they completely shutdown ASU. I do think that pass defense stat isn't that accurate, though... since Fresno and OU really had no need to pass when they could run whenever they pleased.

Fuck a Cool Jew.

All this hostility... and on Yom Kippur.

Hey, it worked for Egypt didn't it?

now theres noone to make ignorant, half-cocked little attempts to talk shit.

You can count on me!

Guest Princess Leena

Is that why the college football thread was five pages shorter last week? I knew something was different.

Yeah, it's really quieted the college football threads. :(

You get what you ask for...

Fuck a Cool Jew.

Other than you.

I'd probably be offended if I had any clue what a faygala was.

Fuck a Cool Jew.

Other than you.

I'd probably be offended if I had any clue what a faygala was.

Its Yiddish... I thought it was appropriate.

So whats up with Rudy Carpenter? Is losing his top three receivers from last year really hurting him that much? Hes got a running game to support the pass, and its not like playing from behind is hurting him, because he was garbage even when the game was tied.

So whats up with Rudy Carpenter?

Sam Keller has a voodoo doll.

Bad news for Clemson as Chansi Stuckey broke his foot in practice the other day and is out for five weeks.

Hey can someone please get Matthew McConaughey off my television screen during football games? He's on the sideline for Marshall tonight to promote the "We Are Marshall" movie and ESPN is showing him every other play.

NC State is pretty much on the Florida State goalline and prepping to go up 17-13 in the 3rd quarter.

If the Seminole offense continues to be this impotent, I'd hate to be a Bowden anytime soon.

And the 'Noles lose. The "retirement" word is going to start floating in a hurry for Bobby Bowden although I'm sure just like Paterno he'll stay until he drops dead.

Guest Princess Leena

TCU, sigh. Just played like a defeated team most of the game. At least until the 2nd half, then turnovers turnovers.

NC State. :hearts: Shocked that actually won, though. I was just hoping for an ugly 17-10 contest.

Wonder if Bobby will finally unhappily accept that his son Jeff is a piece of horse crap when it comes to coaching an offense.

Course it doesn't help when your quarterback likes to pretend he is Brett Farve and throw the ball into triple coverage. That last ball he threw was incredibly stupid from all angles. He's got the big game ability of Chris Rix and the arm of Charlie Ward. How much does Xavier Lee suck for THIS to be the best option?

I kinda miss "The Son of God" Wyatt Sexton.

Guest Princess Leena
I believe TCU fooled us all.

They really fooled me. I thought they'd come out with piss and vinegar. Finally lost a game. Starting QB was injured, and younger, more talented backup got his chance. Losing meant 0-2 in conference, which is basically the end of any positive season. That's a spot teams usually shine. Oh well.

Michigan State still scares the fuck out of me. This game could be like the last three games( really close) or it could be like the 2002 shit stomping. It all depends on the health of Stanton. If he's on, it will be a close game. If he is limited or just not in the game due to injury it might get extremely ugly. It didn't help that John L Smith called Michigan "not that good of a team". That's a great idea to to diss a team that is pissed off about last season, who has been shredding teams, and will have a rare drunk and loud crowd for a 4:30 kickoff in a rivalry game that they have at home. MSU needs a coach who isn't an idiot

Guest Princess Leena

Smith really said that. Holy crap, what a moron. You shut up and let Michigan laugh at your team, and hope they don't take you seriously.

I'm siding toward MSU keeping this close. Or, at least within the ~16 point spread. Carr doesn't run up the score, and if Stanton plays, MSU should at least put some points on the board. But, I'd be surprised by nothing here. Except an MSU win.