TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Smackdown Thread - October/6th/2006.

One Last Message.

No Mercy will be just days away when Smackdown rolls into Topeka, KS. What can we expect to see as the Smackdown superstars make their last statements before the pay-per-view?

Harmful if swallowed, Smackdown superstars "Pick Their Poison".

King Booker and Bobby Lashley will battle for the World Heavyweight Championship in Raleigh, but before that happens they will each have to battle an opponent of the other's choice in the first ever Smackdown "Pick Your Poison." Both have elected to create a match-up of friend .VS. friend, as King Booker chose Batista as Lashley's opponent, while Lashley decided to pit The King against his most pugnacious knight, Finlay. Finlay has already made it clear that he will not lay down for anyone, even his benevolent King, and "The Animal" never holds back against anyone. With No Mercy just around the corner, will the Champion or the No.1 Contender send the bigger message? How will these contests affect the health of King Booker and Lashley before they battle for the gold at No Mercy?

A Beautiful Mind Game.

Rey Mysterio and Chavo Guerrero will finally settle their ongoing family squabbles in a Falls Count Anywhere Match at No Mercy, but before they do, both will likely be in action on Smackdown. Last week we saw Vickie Guerrero get physically involved in the outcome of a match for the first time since forging a business partnership with Chavo. What underhanded schemes will the Guerreros emply this week? Will the mind games continue as Chavo and Vickie look to secure a psychological advantage over an apparently rested and refocused Rey Mysterio just days before No Mercy?

Undertaker Declares.

How will Mr. Kennedy respond to Undertaker's demonic guarantee that he will show no mercy and that Kennedy would rest in peace at No Mercy? Kennedy's attempts to butter up "The Phenom" with a so-called tribute failed miserably, as a clearly shaken Kennedy attempted to bow out of the match. Last week "The Deadman" used an exploding microphone to haunt Mr. Kennedy. Will Undertaker ride to Smackdown again?

Streaks, Debuts, and Rednecks - Oh My!

"The Miz" improved his undefeated record to 5-0 with a win over Tatanka. Will his fast start continue? Meanwhile, poor Jimmy Wang Yang showed every indication that he deserves to be a Smackdown superstar, but couldn't secure a win over the crafty Frenchman, Sylvan. Will the redneck's luck rebound? Finally, will we hear from Montel Vontavious Porter before his long-awaited debut at No Mercy? After finally ending his holdout, it was announced last week that MVP would finally step into the squared circle. Will we learn his opponent? Will he have a message?

With just days remaining until the scores are settled at No Mercy, Smackdown will provide the superstars their final stage to send a message and attempt to creep into the heads of their opponents. See what happens Friday night at 8pm/7pm CT on Smackdown's new home, the CW Network.

"Pick Your Poison", Non-Title Match

World Heavyweight Champion, King Booker (with Queen Sharmell) .VS. Fit Finlay.

"Pick Your Poison" Match

Bobby Lashley .VS. Batista.

The show just finished over here, solid as usual. Batista no-selling a low blow by Little Bastard was stupid but he was quicker and more fluid than he has been since that beatdown of Mark Henry.

Kennedy cut a fantastic promo as well.

Tonight's Smackdown line-up:

Rey Mysterio & Matt Hardy .VS. Chavo Guerrero & Gregory Helms.

Tatanka .VS. Elijah Burke (with Sylvester Terkay).

Non-Title Match: King Booker (with Queen Sharmell) .VS. Fit Finlay.

Batista .VS. Bobby Lashley.

Jimmy Wang Yang .VS. Sylvan Grenier.

Ashley .VS. Michelle McCool.

Batista & Bobby Lashley

.VS.

King Booker (with Queen Sharmell) & Fit Finlay.

A good Smackdown tonight. Great to see Finlay beat Booker, but the match was too short. I'm looking forward to the fatal four way at No Mercy. Kennedy's promo was good.

Overall, a good show.

My memory's bad, so I'm not too sure on the answer, but how many times has Mr. Kennedy wrestled on RAW? Is it really a "family reunion" for him?

Was he in that handicap match against DX that one night? If so, then once.

My memory's bad, so I'm not too sure on the answer, but how many times has Mr. Kennedy wrestled on RAW? Is it really a "family reunion" for him?

Yeah. I was there.

It was Finlay, Regal and Kennedy against DX.

Yeah. I was there.

It was Finlay, Regal and Kennedy against DX.

Yeah that's what I thought. Just wanted outside confirmation.

Did I just see IRS as one of the guys holding the wrestlers back?

I came into this thread to ask the very same thing. If that wasn't Mike Rotundo then it was someone who looked a hell of a lot like him.

I've been thinking for a while now that MVP's gimmick should be that he's just not as great as he says he is, not even close. Have him job a few times, maybe even have him act like a goof in the ring, falling down and tripping a bit, that sort of thing. Build it with Teddy Long getting pissed that he even signed him, and every now and then have him make comments about how that's the last time he ever signs someone without watching tapes first.

It would be funny if WWE hired the guy to eventually just be a manager, and they are just doing this to introduce him in an interesting way.