TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Corey_Lazarus

20th Century Masters: ROB ZOMBIE

RZ-millennium.jpg

Track Listing:

1. Super-Charger Heaven - (with White Zombie)

2. Thunder Kiss '65 - (with White Zombie)

3. More Human Than Human - (with White Zombie)

4. Black Sunshine - (with White Zombie)

5. Dragula

6. Superbeast

7. Living Dead Girl

8. Never Gonna Stop (Red, Red Kroovy)

9. House Of 1,000 Corpses

10. Feel So Numb

11. Devil's Rejects, The

12. Lords Of Salem, The

So it's basically the Past, Present, Future release from a few years ago with less White Zombie songs and two songs from Rob's latest Educated Horses. A good introduction to his work with both White Zombie and his solo stuff, but I wish there was some pre-Sexorcisto White Zombie on there, like stuff off of Make Them Die Slowly and some of the earlier demo's. Not well-known by any means - fuck, most people think La Sexorcisto was the band's first album when it was really their third LP - but it'd be a nice touch.

Eh...strong recommendation to avoid, even though I know most of you would anyways since I'm, apparently, the biggest Rob Zombie fan here. I'll prolly grab it for fun one day at CVS or somewhere else that sells these cheap CDs for $7 or so, but it's not a big deal by any means.

I believe it was used on a soundtrack, I forget which, but it was originally off La Sexorcisto. It's really funny, because if your introduction to Zombie was Astro-Creep, like mine was, hearing the last three or four songs off La Sexorcisto is a kick in the sack because they're pretty much pure thrash metal tunes, like stuff you'd hear from Exodus or very early Slayer.

Re: the max

True, he's gone away from the amazingness of his WZ days, but his latest album - Educated Horses - is actually VERY good. John 5's blend of country and basic metal riffs makes for an interesting listen on its own, but Rob's addition of creepy noises and samples makes it all the better. It's true horror rock, as in it sounds like the soundtrack to a horror movie, which is what I believe Rob has been aiming for since he started making music.

I thought eductaed horses sucked dick. Rob Zombie went a bit shit when you could start understanding what he was singing. He was better in WZ when you would listen to the lyrics and just think, "eh? what did he just say?"

I will only get this album just to complete my collection (i even bought that special edition of hellbilly with the videos)

Not a bad release, but I can't see anyone passing up Past, Present, Future for this. I made a nice Rob/White Zombie CD comp. not too long ago for a friend looking to get into Zombie.

I can't believe how long it's been since White Zombie appeared on Beavis & BUTT-head.

Actually, you could always understand what Rob was saying. His lyrics were better back in the day, a lot more off-beat and nonsensical (similar to Danzig-era Misfits), but really: how can you listen to just the INTRO to "The Devil's Rejects" and not feel like you're in a 70's exploitation horror flick?