TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Big Ol' Smitty

4,000 dead Americans

But Iraq was good for the terrorists. It got us out of Afghanistan and gave them new places to play in Iraq.

Can't get over that shit...

Just asked a friend whose brother is in Iraq if he wants to stay 'til the mission is finished, or come home, and he said "He wants out of there, bad."

Take that, Sean Hannity.

Just asked a friend whose brother is in Iraq if he wants to stay 'til the mission is finished, or come home, and he said "He wants out of there, bad."

Take that, Sean Hannity.

Fox News had a mid-day report last week about a "town meeting" a bunch the troops took part in. Did you know that NOT ONCE did any of the soldiers ask about coming home? Nope, they were more worried about splitting their pay checks so money could be sent back home. This was also backed up by NOT showing any footage of the meeting.

Fuck it. I'm convinced.

...The Bush Administration apparently does not want a U.S. military study that found no direct connection between Saddam Hussein and al Qaeda to get any attention. This morning, the Pentagon cancelled plans to send out a press release announcing the report's release and will no longer make the report available online.

The report was to be posted on the Joint Forces Command website this afternoon, followed by a background briefing with the authors. No more. The report will be made available only to those who ask for it, and it will be sent via U.S. mail from Joint Forces Command in Norfolk, Virginia.

It won't be emailed to reporters and it won't be posted online...

http://blogs.abcnews.com/rapidreport/2008/...gon-report.html

Ah shit those bastards.

This was supposed to be a big deal, IS a big deal, and they're trying to keep it under wraps NOW???

Of course the minute the report would have been released, you would have Bill O'Reily screaming that the report is faulty in one ear, and then Sean Hannity saying "Invading Iraq was never about Al Qaeda" in the other ear.

During a videoconference with U.S. military and civilian personnel yesterday, President Bush praised the troops fighting in Afghanistan, claiming he was “a little envious” of their “romantic” fight:

“I must say, I’m a little envious,” Bush said. “If I were slightly younger and not employed here, I think it would be a fantastic experience to be on the front lines of helping this young democracy succeed.”

“It must be exciting for you ... in some ways romantic, in some ways, you know, confronting danger. You’re really making history, and thanks,” Bush said.

During a videoconference with U.S. military and civilian personnel yesterday, President Bush praised the troops fighting in Afghanistan, claiming he was “a little envious” of their “romantic” fight:

“I must say, I’m a little envious,” Bush said. “If I were slightly younger and not employed here, I think it would be a fantastic experience to be on the front lines of helping this young democracy succeed.”

“It must be exciting for you ... in some ways romantic, in some ways, you know, confronting danger. You’re really making history, and thanks,” Bush said.

I despise Bush as much as the next liberal, but I'm gonna have to ask you for a source on that one. It's a little hard to swallow.

I despise Bush as much as the next liberal, but I'm gonna have to ask you for a source on that one. It's a little hard to swallow.

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNew...120080313?sid13

The Vietnam War must have seemed very romantic and adventerous to Bush Jr as he was slumped over a bottle of booze underneath an American stairwell. Or whatever he was doing. In America.

John McCain is on a fact-finding trip in Iraq with Joe Lieberman and Lindsay Graham. Among the facts they found is that all roads to Baghdad are paved with hopes and dreams and jellybeans. It's working, guys!

Nobel Prize winner Joseph E. Stiglitz and Harvard professor Linda J. Bilmes have authored a new book that backs up my earlier statements that this war will cost no less than three trillion dollars. Depending on the outcome of this November, it could easilly go well beyond even that.

Do you see why I'm supporting Obama as the ONLY candidate who can legitimately lower taxes (at least for the vast majority of payers), Czech? I don't mean to come off as a dick, I like you and all, but there is no way that either McCain or Hillary (who still defends her vote and the concept of nation-building) can do anything but raise the tax burden upon the majority with that kind of historically huge expense going on. No matter what those candidates say about themselves or Obama, ending this insane expense will be the only way to get a real tax cut.

Three trillion dollars and the strong possibility of going up even beyond that. Unreal.

It was said that on the Clinton budget, America would be debt free by 2009.

Debt free.

Thanks Bushie.

Tax cuts and Iraq oh my!

Guest Tzar Lysergic

How much did WWII cost, adjusted to today's dollar? We even won that one.

If we're spending this much, why are we still pissing around there? Either shoot the bastards or leave. I'd be happy with either result.

Well, either way, WWII basically kicked started America's economy into high gear. Doesn't seem like that has or will happen with the two wars we currently have going.

Thats because we're not PRODUCING anything over here.

We're sending allllll of our money over there.

It's all being embezzled away, either by Iraqis or Americans.

What was the corruption numbers for WWII? There may have been some, but nothing like Iraq...

Yep. As much as I don't care for the rag, Rolling Stone had a really good article a few months back about how the whole war in Iraq has been a huge corporate money grab. I mean, if the American people knew half of the garbage that was going on over there, in regards to contracts being handed out and forgotten, this was would have been long over by now.

Coincidentally, WW2 cost America three trillion dollars (adjusted). Now, some people might argue that we had a much larger force, more theatres, and that that war was actually necessary, but John Boehner wouldn't! He'd tell us that this is just one more reason why we need to stay in Iraq forever.

Of course, there was corruption in WW2 spending. The difference there was that Harry Truman was given an important sub-committee in the Senate to investigate it. Can anybody imagine this "conservative" president appointing one of the "conservative" senators from his party to reign in some of this spending?

Well, like you said...the difference was a true "world war" that we had to fight, not just a military excursion into a single little desert on the other side of the world.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

This should be easier, then. It's not like there's a great big jungle to hide in. Shoot the bastards or leave. Failure at this point has to be intentional.