TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CubbyBr

TNA entrance music

I do like how ex-wwe stars music are just blatant rip offs of there wwe music. Team 3D and Christians are great examples of that.

It's a smart move, marketing/brand-awareness wise. These guys are "comodities" and the easier it is for fans to recognize them, the better.

When fans do recognize them, all it makes them think is that TNA is a watered down version of WWE/WCW with has been stars from those two companies. They should do like ECW did and have them run down their old WWF/WCW gimmicks, and then have them become more realistic characters. You sure as hell don't want people to go "Hey, remember when these guys were at their peak in the WWF?" every time they come out. Anything they do differently with them is better.

Imagine if when Hall and Nash jumped to WCW, they had came out with crappy versions of their WWF music, instead of being the NWO. People would have been reminded of the WWF every time they came out, and not in a positive way for WCW. Rather than that happening, it became "Man, these guys used to be cartoon characters in the WWF, and now they're like real people".

I'm not really sure that any of the former WWE guys can really "run down" their old gimmicks. I can't imagine Team 3D saying

"now that we're done being recognized as the most successful tag team in history UP NORTH here in TNA blah blah"...or Angle bashing his Olympic credentials.

Christian is now back to being the cocky heel, Spike is still that craziest little bumper and Rhino is a bad ass with a real spear.

Now if Rhino was made to wear a dress or something while with WWE then maybe...for now it's enough for them to simply say WWE doesn't know how to use their talent.

And I like the idea about using indy bands or even just one or two contrcted groups to create real music that doesn't sound like it's from a 2002 cell phone........

I do like how ex-wwe stars music are just blatant rip offs of there wwe music. Team 3D and Christians are great examples of that.

It's a smart move, marketing/brand-awareness wise. These guys are "comodities" and the easier it is for fans to recognize them, the better.

When fans do recognize them, all it makes them think is that TNA is a watered down version of WWE/WCW with has been stars from those two companies. They should do like ECW did and have them run down their old WWF/WCW gimmicks, and then have them become more realistic characters. You sure as hell don't want people to go "Hey, remember when these guys were at their peak in the WWF?" every time they come out. Anything they do differently with them is better.

Imagine if when Hall and Nash jumped to WCW, they had came out with crappy versions of their WWF music, instead of being the NWO. People would have been reminded of the WWF every time they came out, and not in a positive way for WCW. Rather than that happening, it became "Man, these guys used to be cartoon characters in the WWF, and now they're like real people".

Actually, at the time, before they debuted in WCW, there were all kinds of crazy rumors about how Hall and Nash were going to debut. I remember one rumor that Nash was going to be called "D-Cell" and that Hall was going to be "Slasher Ramirez" or something like that.

I think if TNA had taken a similar route with the Dudleyz, and made them less like their WWE selves, they'd be a lot better off right now.

does anyone have a decent mp3 of Angle's TNA theme? They took that mega cool music player off to put in the ad for their new CD, which almost certainly won't have it

does anyone have a decent mp3 of Angle's TNA theme? They took that mega cool music player off to put in the ad for their new CD, which almost certainly won't have it

I'm going to try Limewire every day for it. If I get it I'll let people know and they can contact me for it. Limewire takes time to get it, but they get them in good time.

I like Joe's music. I've always thought that when TNA made that theme, they had Taz's ECW music in mind as it has a lot of similarities to it in sound after the Jaws intro.

Slight nitpick: it's the Godzilla theme at the beginning of Joe's theme, Sharkboy uses Jaws as the basis of his song

I barely watch wrestling anymore, much less TNA, but I've gotta show love to AJ's theme. That song gets me hype everytime I hear it, and excluding the some of the "real" songs used by ROH and other indies, I can't think of anything in wrestling that comes close.

Nash's theme (assuming it hasn't changed since I last saw him) is so bad you've gotta love it.

I barely watch wrestling anymore, much less TNA, but I've gotta show love to AJ's theme. That song gets me hype everytime I hear it, and excluding the some of the "real" songs used by ROH and other indies, I can't think of anything in wrestling that comes close.

Nash's theme (assuming it hasn't changed since I last saw him) is so bad you've gotta love it.

Nash's theme has changed since then, to an almost decent instrumental of "Come With Me."

Nash's theme has changed since then, to an almost decent instrumental of "Come With Me."

You mean Casmere (sp?). Fuck "Come With Me" and fuck Puff P. Diddy Doppy or whatever the fuck he's calling his dumb ass this week.

TNA's music is hit or miss for me. Joe's great IMO, especially for ROH fans, because it's a remix of the Godzilla theme, which is the intro to his ROH music. I still think a modern hip-hop theme like his ROH tunes would be great, but obviously that'd require money.

Daniels' is a remix of his ROH theme as well, and is quite good (the original from TNA early 2005ish was better though.)

AJ's is the best one, clearly.

Jarrett's is great. It suits his shit-talking heel persona just fine. You get the feeling Dale Oliver put ALL his effort into Jarrett's theme and just sorta threw the others together.

Abyss' is also appropriate, fits him perfectly.

Sabin's original music was great. This current one is awful and repetitive.

I also love Low Ki's. Really suits him.

And I love Angle's new theme. I'm so happy they decided not to go with a olympic theme.

Angle's theme...it's a sample of "Lunatic Fringe" by Red Rider. The song was used in Vision Quest. The song was used in a scene where the protagonist (Mathew Modine) is warming up before a match against the best wrestler in the state. "Vision Quest" is partly about amateur wrestling.

I love the connection his theme has with a semi obscure 80s movie best known for the second movie appearance of Madonna.

And for being a piece of cheese that you can't help but love. It'd work even better for Angle if he bladed Corino-style every match.

I was just thinking today about how awesome some Mr. Bungle would work for Abyss...

Now, let's think of a band able to write a song menacing enough that Abyss entering to it wouldn't sound so incredibly out of place...

...that isn't metal...

...or hardcore or punk...

...nobody. There is no band that the fanbase would likely know of - or song that'd be played on the radio - that would be cheap enough or good enough for TNA to use as Abyss' new theme. My suggestion? Hire some new music guys.