TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CubbyBr

TNA entrance music

We all know how bad most of the TNA themes are (IMO the only good ones are LAX and Angle.) What would it take, price-wise, for them to use real songs for their wrestlers. I know UFC uses real music for their PPV's. How expensive would something like that be?

I actually like a few of TNA's themes. AJ's has always been a favorite of mine, and Jarrett's has too for some reason. I also like Christian's, Joe's and Nash's (new) themes and I was a fan of Matt Bentley's old music.

They should just be signing up-and-coming indy bands to do their themes. They can be original, and they come cheap because they need the publicity.

I forgot about Abyss's theme. That's up there with my favs too. I think TNA's got some distinctive themes now for most of the top acts so that you know who's coming when the music hits, unlike when they started up. I could do without the WWE knock-offs though.

I quite like TNA's theme music. Abyss, AJ, JJ, Sting, Shark Boy, Cage, come to mind.

And i love rhinos music. And when HE gets his proper title run, a big band should remix his music. And it should be my band.

I think the problem with a LOT of TNA themes is that they sound like glorified MIDI files (which they probably are). I mean, Daniels theme is just fucking awful. And Sabin? Do I even need to mention Sabin?

That said, they HAVE been getting better with the newer guys that have come in like Rhino, Cage & Angle. I'd still like to see actual songs (even if I don't know them) being used, though, as I stated above.

You sure? I think it may work.

Speaking of Sabins new music, it does fuckin suck. But i do like Daniel's one. Its the beautiful people, but more church like.

For me, the most recognizable theme in TNA is AJ Styles theme. I know right away when he is coming out. My favorite though for some reason is Christian Cage's theme. It's somewhat a Waterproof Blonde ripoff, but it's a damn good one.

I do like how ex-wwe stars music are just blatant rip offs of there wwe music. Team 3D and Christians are great examples of that.

You sure? I think it may work.

Speaking of Sabins new music, it does fuckin suck. But i do like Daniel's one. Its the beautiful people, but more church like.

Actually Daniel's is not Beautiful People. I used to make that mistake. It's Disposable Teens. They have a similar sound, but that's what it is. He used it in ROH.

I'm really digging Angles theme as well. I love the beginning of the song and the rest is a remix of the WWE one with guitars. And it's great becasue there is no place for people to chant "You Suck." I really do'nt miss that at all.

Actually Daniel's is not Beautiful People. I used to make that mistake. It's Disposable Teens.

Damn Maraliyn Mansons music sounds the same.

To be fair, I think it's the guitars of Disposable Teens cunningly mixed with the drums from Beautiful People. But it probably works because those two songs DO sound very similar in part.

For me, the most recognizable theme in TNA is AJ Styles theme. I know right away when he is coming out. My favorite though for some reason is Christian Cage's theme. It's somewhat a Waterproof Blonde ripoff, but it's a damn good one.

It is actually an instrumental of an Evanescence song from thier 1st album. Waterproff Blonde is a ripoff of thier music, and WWE went the next best thing route in using Waterproof Blonde. TNA has no qualms about taking songs, removing the lyrics and changing a chord or two, much like WCW would do (DDP, Raven)

once again the name of christians wwe song is "just close your eyes" and the band name was W.P.B. (unless you are just using the artist name instead of the title, in that case sorry)

Styles has a good song, as does abyss, ravens is a pretty decent one though the wcw version was better. didnt raven switch to a "come out and play" soundalike brielfly in tna (back in the nashville weekly ppv days)? or am I crazy. I also like 3lks last song and for some reason, Killings current song. stings is horrible . jarretts fits him ok, monty brown has a cool Disturbed "down with the sickness" ripoff theme. I even liked Hardys tna theme even though he cant sing.

I also do like daniels one

LAX has a good distinctive song with a great loud intro with the sirens

Joes is perfect for him

Christian Cage's theme is an instrumental of Evanescence's "My Last Breath."

AJ Styles has the best and most recognizable TNA theme, in my opinion. There's something about "I Am" that grows on you.

Am I in the minority of not liking Joe's theme? It's recognizable, but it lacks the intensity that is Joe. It also starts out badly in my opinion.

I do like how ex-wwe stars music are just blatant rip offs of there wwe music. Team 3D and Christians are great examples of that.

It's a smart move, marketing/brand-awareness wise. These guys are "comodities" and the easier it is for fans to recognize them, the better.

It's a smart move, marketing/brand-awareness wise. These guys are "comodities" and the easier it is for fans to recognize them, the better.

I can see that argument certainly, but then there's the 'rip-off' argument which would suggest that for all its claim of being 'the new face of professional wrestling', TNA hires the same people and gives them cheap rips of their previous themes. Now, granted, Waterproof Blonde and Powerman 3000 (3000? 5000? Hell, I can't remember) aren't exactly big name bands, and Powerman WhateverNumber do seem to have a deal with WWE where they do a lot of music... but that's almost worse. It's like TNA can't even afford to licence the music from small, shitty bands.

It's the question of which is better: Do you utilise recognition of another company's product as much as possible to try and push your own, leaving yourself open to the possibility of being seen as a cheap imitation, or do you attempt to create your own image as far as possible but in the process have to start more 'from scratch'?

I dont know who does TNA's music but it's really hit or miss. You can get a theme like Angle's, then the next guy coming out will have music straight ouf of WCW/NWO Revenge for the N64.

Joe's TNA theme is too slow. They need to just use a ripoff of "The Champ is Here," because the beat in that song is incredible and perfect entrance music.

I like Joe's theme. To me, it sounds menacing and understated. It fits heel and face Joe.

Joe's TNA theme is too slow. They need to just use a ripoff of "The Champ is Here," because the beat in that song is incredible and perfect entrance music.

I like Joe's theme. To me, it sounds menacing and understated. It fits heel and face Joe.

I agree with that. Listening to it on mp3, it really gets me pumped up. It's slow but I like that. It reminds me of Batista's original theme in WWE. It was slow and made him seem like a monster. That's Joe's character, he's a monster and he takes his time to get to you to "kill" you.

"Hail Sabin" was good because you at least knew who was coming out. Most of TNA's themes are extremely generic...just a bunch of distorted guitars and repetitious beats. I can't even remember Samoa Joe's music off the top of my head, and I've probably seen the majority of his televised TNA matches.

I really think they need to bring in some bands to cut some new songs, like someone else suggested. At least some lyrics would add something.