TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

Mr. Coffee/Mr. Tea

I'm one of those Arnold Palmer fiends. God damn that's a refreshing motherfucker.

Arnold Palmer is pretty much all I drink anymore. I'm sure the stomachaches that I've been getting more and more frequently are completely unrelated.

I'm a tea man. I'm a sucker for herbal tea during the winter. I've never really been into coffee but I enjoy coffee flavored ice cream and the occasional bottle of coffee milk. Go figure.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I was in a bookstore the first time I drank one. Some kind of expensive bullshit bottle, but it was hot and I was thirsty. I'd heard of the combination before, but never got one. I figured "I like lemonade. I like tea. This can't be bad."

Took a swig and audibly said "God damn that's a refreshing motherfucker."

Yes sir. One clever golfer, lemme tell ya.

God yes. I'd never even heard of one (me!) until my buddy's ex brought me one back from shopping, just because it had Arnie on it. I had just finished a 30-hour famine, so I could have eaten or drank anything she gave me, but this was awesome. I have them about once a month now.

This came up in the ice cream thread over the summer, but McDonald's Ice Coffee has taken the lead for me in the coffee dept. Ordinarily, a simple double-double for me is all the coffee I'll drink (two cream, two sugar). Also, my folks have this instant coffee that, despite the outraged objections from a buddy of mine, is fantastic.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I've tried to like coffee and I just don't. Really gave it a go during my worst period of insomnia. Love the smell, though, and I like coffee-flavored stuff, if that makes any sense.

I don't really drink hot beverages, though, and cold coffee is fuckin' nasty.

Guest Vitamin X

I actually got used to drinking straight coffee through some weird diet I was doing which emulated my being on amphetamines (I would drink a cup or two of coffee in the morning then not eat for a while, then after I did eat, I drank some green tea and exercised later in the day) but I hated the taste of it until I drank it iced for a while, then I just got used to it. The one thing that got me really used to it was working in a bookstore- for some reason that environment made me so goddamn tired I couldn't work without coffee.

Got to be coffee for me, would miss half the days at work if it wasn't for that beautiful little addiction :)

When I was younger, I loved the taste of coffee (I remember as a little kid, sipping it with a spoon out of my grandfather's mug). Like coffee milk and coffee ice cream too. Along the way, I stopped like the flavor of it regarding everything. When my teen years hit and I was helping out at the family bakery, I would do overnight shifts during the summer. One of the guys each night would go on a coffee run, and asked what I wanted. This wound up with me trying a French Vanilla coffee, and I got hooked. I used to have one or two every night. Then one night, it was either a rancid batch of coffee or it just didn't sit well with whatever was in my system, but it made me sick. I swore off coffee right then and there. Ironic, since at the time I was frequenting a coffee shop which became my hangout for years. The original owner of that shop at one point even made a French Vanilla coffee, begging me to try it so that he could see me drink a coffee in front of him after all my years of going there without getting one. I took two sips and promptly asked for a bottled water to wash the taste out of my mouth.

Nowadays at work, I can't go a day without at least one, usually several cups of Lemon Zinger Tea. I'm not really picky about my types, but that's easily my favorite.

Guest Vitamin X

Coffee will NOT treat you well if you haven't had anything to eat in a while and you drink it straight. I have had numerous enough experiences with this to know that's the case. I almost passed out at work once because of this.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

00162.jpg

Well, here it is, the best tea I've ever had. This will be a delightful autumn/winter drink. It'll go dynamite with some anise cookies.

Guest Vitamin X

You should try Oregon Chai, that's good stuff right there also. For a local brand, I like Dragonfly the best, but Oregon Chai is available nationally.

For a wedding gift last year someone got us "Mr Coffee's Tea Maker" It was the best gift I ever got. It brews a half gallon of tea in about ten minutes. I have been drinking so much tea it aint even funny.

My current favs are Rasberry and Green Mint tea.

I love the stuff.

I also like Chai but haven't brewed it yet with my teamaker, but I kinda consider Chai Tea a hybrid if only because it is best w/milk IMO.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah I got that last year as well. I've practically replaced all the soda in my diet with iced tea that has a twist of lemon in it. Good stuff.

If it's bottled tea, I guess I've been spoiled by Japanese tea. No, not spoiled, I just miss having 3 or 4 different bottles of unsweetened tea to choose from in a vending machine. Tea with NOTHING ADDED TO IT. American tea might as well be soda with all the sugar, corn syrup, and wacky fruit flavors.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, that's why it's just better (and cheaper!) to make your own. Southern Sweet Tea is an American tradition that you've gotta have some of, though.