TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
claydude14

OAO 11/2 Impact Thread

Preview from TNAwrestling.com

tnaeu5.jpg

This Thursday night on “iMPACT!” the road to the November TNA “Genesis” Pay-Per-View event continues with three huge matches in the “Fight For The Right” tournament!

MAIN EVENT: “WEAPONS OR ESCAPE” POLE MATCH

“The War Machine” Rhino vs. Christian Cage

In what will be a prelude to the barbed-wire cage match on TNA’s primetime debut on November 16, this Thursday night on SpikeTV “The War Machine” Rhino and Christian Cage will fight it out in a bout with some huge implications! Two potential weapons for the cage match will be hung from the poles – a straightjacket and a steel chair, along with two potential means of escape – bolt-cutters and a key to the lock. Whatever Rhino and Cage are able to walk away with in this match they are free to use in the barbed-wire cage match on November 16!

Plus, the quarterfinal matches in the “Fight For The Right” tournament will take place on “iMPACT!”, with the eventual winner earning the World Title bout against Sting at the “Genesis” Pay-Per-View event!

FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT QUARTERFINAL

THE TRUTH VS. LANCE HOYT

Tag team partners collide for a chance at the gold as The Truth will battle Lance Hoyt!

X CHAMPION CHRIS SABIN VS. AJ STYLES

The pioneers of the X Division not only take to the air to get a shot at Sting, but the X Division Championship will be on the line in this match as well!

THE FALLEN ANGEL VS. ROBERT ROODE

“The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels takes on the newest threat to the NWA Heavyweight Title scene in Robert Roode!

In addition, TNAwrestling.com has learned that new NWA World Heavyweight Champion Sting will take part in an exclusive sitdown interview set to air on “iMPACT!”

Seems like a lot to squeeze into an hour, I don't see the point of Rhyno Vs. Christian, and wish they would have given more time for the Quarterfinal matches. Sabin Vs. Styles would have been a perfectly acceptable TV main event, and Roode/Daniels could be decent as well.

For some reason, I really like all the tournament matches. I agree that squeezing the four matches into the show may be a bit much, but i think the tourney can produce some decent TV matches. Of course, we're gonna miss half of them to commercials, but I've grown to accept that about Impact. Mostly.

The pole match and the x-title being on the line just sounds so stupid :(

So if I read into what Sting said, God signed a free agnet contract with TNA. Who isn't jumping ship?

What's with all this God bullshit in wrestling........I'm not religious and it's bad enough I have to see it everytime the President speaks without seeing it in my wrestling show.

I can never get enough of the camera going under So-Cal Val. She is so hot!

What's with all this God bullshit in wrestling........I'm not religious and it's bad enough I have to see it everytime the President speaks without seeing it in my wrestling show.

Russo and Sting is out to save your soul....it's for your own good.

I think it has something to do with when you miss a spot and almost die you say "God if I live I'll change my ways for the better" and they all become born again christians. It might not though.

WTF is the deal with this angle..........and who was he referring to 10 years ago......my memory appears to be lagging.

Tracy Brooks needs to change her hair.........it makes her face look bad and really shows off her man jaw. Tracy's body is a 10/10 but this look isn't good for her.

Apparently TNA doesn't realize, fueding and especially maineventing 2 former WWE midcarders makes your show look bad to casual fan.

Apparently TNA doesn't realize, fueding and especially maineventing 2 former WWE midcarders makes your show look bad to casual fan.

It would of been ok if the match had a point or if it was at least a 3 star match. Weapons on a pole is one cliche that needs to die and having pointless run-ins makes no sense at all.

Yikes, this thread makes me sad because of an apparent lack of viewership. Impact was OK. Sabin looked great as a heel, he just really needs to hit a stride with his look because something just isn't there.

I liked Sting's message, but his point wasn't very clear and it should have been scripted better.

The end with the Angle/Joe stuff is always fun, but this is seriously a monumental matchup they they should promote HARDER thn JJ/Sting was. They are dropping the ball so far. Reminds me of Rock/Brock Summerslam 2002. Rushed booking, great match, but just one and done and it was over before you knew it.

I enjoyed most of last night's show...I didn't read the spoilers, so I was really surprised at AJ Styles winning the X Title again...don't know if it's a good move or not, though.

I'm tempted to order the upcoming PPV for Samoa Joe vs Kurt Angle.

Ending of the show was weird...what's the deal with Kazarian and "Maverick Matt"? Don't they already have Cassidy Riley doing that gimmick, or is he gone now?

I'm glad Sabin lost the title. Who would he have defended his title against? Senshi for a third time? Sonjay Dutt? Jay Lethal? Plus now he's not just a vanilla babyface who never talks. For the first time I'm actually interested in him.

Now with AJ as the champion we can see some awesome matches against Senshi, Starr and Shelley.

I'm thinking that in the three-way Sabin is going to cost AJ the match leading to AJ vs Sabin at the Nov 16th special for the title where Sabin wins. He keeps bad mouthing Lynn and that leads to Sabin vs Lynn at the PPV.

I'm assuming the Road Dog was talking about HBK and HHH as the "two guys 10 years ago." I'm not sure why he thought Michaels and HHH were desperate to leech off of the NAO in order to get over. In fact HBK was tossed from DX before the NAO even joined technically.

If anything it was the NAO that were leeching off of DX's heat in late 1997/early 98 to get themselves over as more than a joke.