TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 11/14 - 11/18

Nice start for the Wolverines. People forgot how good this Michigan passing game is when healthy. They were shredding teams early in the year before Manningham got injured.

Okay, is it pronounced Mah-rio or Mare-eo Manningham?

By the way, great opening drive by Michigan. Go offenses! I need you guys to score lots for me to become bowl eligible in Bored's contest this week!

It's always during these big games that I see rules I've never heard of come into play. Roughing the center? News to me. I was in the middle of typing that Michigan's defense desperately needed to stop Ohio State cold after the punt too.

It's always during these big games that I see rules I've never heard of come into play. Roughing the center? News to me. I was in the middle of typing that Michigan's defense desperately needed to stop Ohio State cold after the punt too.

The reason you never see the penalty called is that usually no one's stupid enough to hit the snapper on a punt block. That's something you learn not to do in high school.

This one's about to be over when OSU scores another TD untouched. That missed pass to Manningham was a crippler.

Wow, what a huge drive for Ohio State. Looks like they're on the verge of breaking the game open. Honestly, Michigan has to get a score on this next drive or they could be out of it by halftime.

So... fair to say OSU vs Florida/USC/Rutgers/ND for the national title?

Don't say that yet. They're not even finished the first half. Two touchdowns isn't a crippling deficit with that much time left.

So... fair to say OSU vs Florida/USC/Rutgers/ND for the national title?

Don't say that yet. They're not even finished the first half. Two touchdowns isn't a crippling deficit with that much time left.

Have you seen Michigan's "D" today? They'll be lucky to keep OSU under 42.

It took a pass interference call, but Michigan did what they had to do on that possession. I might not like 'em, but I'm not about to count out the #2 team in the nation in the second quarter when they're only down by 14.

Huge drive for the TD there. That's exactly what they needed to get back into the game. The first drive, the passing game worked great because OSU was up to defend the run. When the Buckeyes realized UM was passing almost every play, they just put a couple extra DBs in there and shut it down.

It wasn't until Hart ripped off that 30 yard run, and forced OSU to move up and defend the run again that the passing game became effective again.

Now if Michigan can make a similar adjustment to shut down Troy Smith, I can see this game going down to the wire.

The "amazing" adjustment he needs to make is just to put a dime corner in the game every time OSU's in the spread. Anyone who's ever played a football video game would know what needs to be done right now.