TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thoth

Wii Numbers

Updated list. Sorry about the laziness, fellas.

In addition, since the Wii has online compatible titles now, I'd like to update everyone's entry in the list with their online games.

There are two categories of online games: Ones that support WiiConnect24, and ones that support Nintendo WiFi Connection.

WiiConnect 24 games do not use friend codes, and use your list of Wii system numbers to connect to friends. The current list of games that support this:

Elebits

Big Brain Academy

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Nintendo WiFiConnection games have their own 12 digit friend codes. The games that use this currently are:

Pokemon Battle Revolution

Mario Strikers: Charged

If you own a WiFiConnection game, please post your friend code, and I will add it to the first post. Otherwise, if you own a WiiConnect24-enabled game, post that you own it in the thread, and I will indicate that you own it in the first post.

Here's mine, have had my Wii since June but only got around to finding out my Wii number today.

4644 9467 4627 2670

Dewy's Adventure has just come out, and it supports WiiConnect24. If you get it, be sure to let me know somehow so I can add you to the list.

This post is a reminder:

If you own any of the following games:

Elebits

Metroid Prime 3

Big Brain Academy

Dewy's Adventure

Pokemon Battle Revolution

Mario Strikers Charged

Madden 08

FIFA 08 (New addition to the Wii online list)

You need to notify me if you want this information added to the list. If you previously owned them, but don't anymore, that would also be a good reason to tell me. If the game uses a Friend Code, I'll take that as well.

Damn this system needs more online play. I wonder why they wouldn't figure that kind of thing into the VC games. Especially with stuff like Street Fighter 2 on there..

looks like most, if not more than most Wii games coming in the future will have online components, if only because they sorta HAVE TO. It's an undeniable part of gaming now, and you can tell that companies aren't necessarily waiting for Nintendo to push for it in all games. Sega's Ghost Squad for example has online leaderboards, and EA games are all going to come with online play from here on out. Just a matter of time fellas :)

*wants to play SSF2 online now*

I would absolutely flip for SSF2/SF2 online play via VC. Or even co-op games like Contra. Or competitive online F-Zero play. That would f'ing rule! :P

looks like most, if not more than most Wii games coming in the future will have online components, if only because they sorta HAVE TO.

Nintendo doesn't have to do anything Nintendo is too cheap to bother with.

Momz don't need online multiplayer and leaderboards.

Reggie is an ignorant ape man who thinks Crackdown is a FPS and that Bioshock's appeal is heavily entrenched in multiplayer. That's bad when you *know* Iwata, Miyamoto, etc. aren't concerned about it.

3rd parties will probably be the ones dragging Nintendo kicking and screaming to embrace it more, because Nintendo doesn't care. However, N's own success with what they're doing now seems to tell them that their consumers--the existing ones and those grossly-exaggerated legions of "casual gamers", will buy, play, and love Nintendo games even with little or no online features.

...with the likely exception of Smash. Nintendo is stubborn and a bit arrogant, but they're not stupid.

I would absolutely flip for SSF2/SF2 online play

Buy a 360. It has Hyper Fighting online, and will have Super Turbo HD Remix online soon.

Plus it has TMNT arcade, Streets of Rage 2, Double Dragon all with online co-op gameplay. And the (arcade) Contra with Co-op.

Nintendo so freakin' dropped the ball with VC's utter lack of online enhancements.

So Andrew, when does your check arrive for pimping the 360 especially when its uncalled for?

I was under the impression that online Street Fighter 2 is what several people in the thread were really, really calling for, and unfortunately Nintendo isn't interested in providing online-capable enhancements for VC.

But on the post before that--I forgot this wasn't the general Wii thread; my bad.

Its no biggie, you just started to sound like a Microsoft viral marketer towards the end there.

Couple things:

Hyper Fighting online is complete bullshit.

Super Turbo looks better, thanks to the efforts of the ggpo project. Fun little thing to play with, of course, though it's real purpose is to give Capcom better netcode.

http://ggpo.net

I want to see if Nintendo can code a fighting game online. Custom Robo isn't bad, and works on a similar scale, so I think they can do it.

I would absolutely flip for SSF2/SF2 online play

Buy a 360. It has Hyper Fighting online, and will have Super Turbo HD Remix online soon.

LOLZ - no.

Let's try to keep the console wars out of this thread. I know I bagged on Hyper Fighting online, but that was game-specific: By all accounts, Super Turbo HD is going to rule: Better netcode, a rebalanced mode for those that want it (David Sirlin is helming that initiative, it'll be fun to see his interpretation of how to balance Super Turbo. Not saying he can't, in fact, he may be the most qualified person in America for it), and the graphics.

But no reason to randomly diss specific systems. Thread is mostly for the discussion and dissemination of Wii online info.

Speaking of: Rando, add me to your Strikers friends list.

Speaking of speaking of: Strikers last night was frustrating. Seems like the strategy everyone uses is Boo and Dry Bones juke into goal now. I wish Strikers matchmaking would match you against similiarly skilled people more often (though playing on a Sunday night, right after a stat reset... probably not gonna happen).