TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Annabelle

clipse

opposite of jay-z. i wasn't a big clipse fan up until this point. they were fine but now they're on another planet. pharrell released so much crap over the past 3 years because he was saving up for this joint. certainly can hear his daft punk/cassius/ed banger leanings on the production. very spacey & danceable. almost in the spirit of spankrock's superb yoyoyoyoyo. i don't know how this will age but in terms of rap music, it has that rare & unapproachable vibe of blonde on blonde & london calling. not thats it as good (maybe it is) or that its a double album but that it sounds so unique & different that bob & the clash couldn't built on its greatness because they had plataued.

Amazing CD, almost on-par with Lord Willin IMO.

I would like to hear Clipse on different beats other then Neptunes. No disrespect to the Neptunes, because they are amazing producers, I just would like to hear their flows over beats from the likes of Premier, Just Blaze, Timbaland, Swizz Beats etc.

This is in my Top 5 albums of the year.

If going by street dates, we got two return albums in the span of a week. One got it right; the other did not. I wasn't hating on Jay's album as much as you guys were, but stacking it up against the duo from VA's, it looks like a pile of shit.

I loved Lord Willin' and had to accept "Pussy," their pair of mixtapes and freestyles to bridge the four year gap between albums. It was worth it. The Neptunes, who I've been giving crap to for being so stagnant, have proven me wrong. That or they just have amazing chemistry with Clipse.

The bulk of the production is a bit more barebones than I've come to expect from The Neptunes, but it doesn't lose any of its luster. In fact, I'd say it compliments Clipse's slow, but authoratative delivery. Whatever the case, this is one album that doesn't have a single track on it that screams, "PLAY ME ON THE RADIO!" It's refreshing to get a fairly big release that bucks the trend and doesn't take a stab at having a handful of radio-friendly tracks.

Give it up for Clipse. Let's hope they get the respect they've deserved since Lord Willin'.

Its a very good album but crackkity crack crack crack....I get it...you sold crack. FUCK.

It doesn't crack my top 5 this year, but I do love it. Cracks the top 10

As much as they talk about crack, you would think they were pushin serious weight. But, they're really on the corner pushin' pebbles and shit. You would've think they could atleast came up with the "Crack Mascot" before Jeezy. :D I might buy it if isn't overwhelmingly about selling crack, because I was feelin "Me Too."