TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

eBay....

For X-Mas, I am doing most of my shopping on eBay since I find it to be cheaper and the one site where one can find everything. I have about 10 things that I am waiting to get shipped to me. Most of them are Buy it Now and the rest are auctions that I paid right away.

Now none of these people have left me any feeback and won't until I leave them some. I don't understand why they wait until I leave it first. I bought from them and once I pay, they should say so. If I am selling something and they pay me, I leave them feedback ASAP.

It just pisses me off.

Most sellers won't leave feedback first. They don't want to risk leaving good feedback and having the buyer turn around and leave bad feedback. Sellers value their feedback rating much more than buyers do.

Unrelated, but delightful: a couple months ago, someone got into my EBay account and started selling flugelhorns. I got everything resolved and restored my account, but the notion of someone stealing an EBay account to sell brass instruments is really amusing to me.

I don't care enough about my score to leave feedback first when I'm buying. They're already got my money, thus I should get good feedback, if they screw up somehow then I should STILL get good feedback.

As a seller I leave it when the money order arrives or the check clears, and I hate people that don;t

As a casual eBay seller, I always make it a point to wait for the buyer to leave me feedback. I used to do it as soon as I got their payment but I had some people burn me on that.

The way I see it, a buyer receives their product and if they're satisfied then they leave me feedback and I quickly return the favor. It says, right on the main page, that you have x-amount of feedback to leave so for them to ignore it is not my fault. Plus, I make this clear in all of my auctions.

As a fairly serious eBay seller, I'll say that feedback is one of the most annoying hassles that comes with the territory. When I first started out, I wanted and expected feedback for every transaction. I'd pester sellers and buyers for it until it was left.

Then I got the point where I either felt I had enough or just realized that feedback is and always has been OPTIONAL. Second, if you're a buyer, are you buying the item or the feedback? If you get your item and are happy, then shut the heck up about some stupid feedback that ultimately, means very little.

A lot of sellers will not leave feedback first because if they get negged, they will neg back. I see the reasoning, although it seems pretty childish in response to a childish act. I typically leave feedback first regardless, but do so once every few weeks. I hate, hate, hate people emailing me with "reminders" to leave them feedback, even though I state my FB policy. It becomes a bother and ultimately, those are the cases where I'll take longer to leave feedback than in others.

Point is, feedback really isn't that important and after you hit a certain number, it's clear you're either a good seller or buyer and the rest is just vanity. Be happy you got your items and go worry about something of actual importance.

I have overwhelmingly good feedback because I pay with paypal, which is instant. I have one neutral message because the seller lied and was a cock.

Second, if you're a buyer, are you buying the item or the feedback? If you get your item and are happy, then shut the heck up about some stupid feedback that ultimately, means very little.

Feedback is a huge deal as helps when you are selling the item. When I am buying something, I look at their feedback number. If it is high, I tend to buy from them more because I trust them more. I don't look to see if they got the feedback from buying or selling, just that it's high. I am sure a lot other people do the same thing.

So if I have a higher feedback number, maybe someone is more likely to buy from me. When you have a site that is all about trusting someone you have never met, feedback is very important.

At one point, I had 100% feedback. I bought tickers for a Pats game, that I thought was in New England, but turned out was in Buffalo.

The guy had it:

Bills

vs

Pats

Usually the bottom team is the home team, so I just figured it was in New England. But like I said, I was wrong. So I asked the guy if I could get a refund and he said no, so I called him a cunt or something like that.

I then gave him neutral feedback, stating I got the item but wouldn't issue me a refund. He then left me negative feedback stating: "Buyer ordered tickets to wrong game. Wants me to refund. Became hostile." Huh? HE GOT THE MONEY, was there a need for the negative feedback? No. He could have just given me neutral or none at all.

Now I have negative one feedback and no longer at 100%. Feedback is very important, I don't know why you don't think it is.

Guest Princess Leena

The rare times I've bought off of eBay, I wait until people whine that I should give feedback. Then, they usually give me positive. And I give them negative. In the case that I ever become a seller, I would like to destroy all competition.

Guest Felonies!
The rare times I've bought off of eBay, I wait until people whine that I should give feedback. Then, they usually give me positive. And I give them negative. In the case that I ever become a seller, I would like to destroy all competition.

I imagined Dwight Schrute saying that.

At one point, I had 100% feedback. I bought tickers for a Pats game, that I thought was in New England, but turned out was in Buffalo.

The guy had it:

Bills

vs

Pats

Usually the bottom team is the home team, so I just figured it was in New England. But like I said, I was wrong. So I asked the guy if I could get a refund and he said no, so I called him a cunt or something like that.

I then gave him neutral feedback, stating I got the item but wouldn't issue me a refund. He then left me negative feedback stating: "Buyer ordered tickets to wrong game. Wants me to refund. Became hostile." Huh? HE GOT THE MONEY, was there a need for the negative feedback? No. He could have just given me neutral or none at all.

Now I have negative one feedback and no longer at 100%. Feedback is very important, I don't know why you don't think it is.

You totally deserved negative feedback. You were an idiot, he shouldn't give you a refund

Guest Princess Leena

Bob is 100% right. It's your own fault for not knowing where a game is. If I were the seller, I'd have reported your abuse to eBay, and continued aggressively until your account was terminated.

Why would you do that? Doing that ruins the whole point of the feedback system on eBay.

You totally deserved negative feedback. You were an idiot, he shouldn't give you a refund

But flaming someone at this forum doesn't result in a suspension?

Bob is 100% right. It's your own fault for not knowing where a game is. If I were the seller, I'd have reported your abuse to eBay, and continued aggressively until your account was terminate

Yeah, you need to do A LOT more than that to get booted from eBay.

Huh? One has NOTHING to do with the other.

You bought tickets to a game that you thought was in Foxboro because the Patriots were listed last and you claim he defrauded you?

No, you were an idiot. I'm sure somewhere on the auction it mentioned Buffalo, but even if it didn't, it's not that hard to look up the game. I would not have refunded your money either, and neither would most ebay sellers. He had every right to leave you negative feedback, if you acted that way to him.

Mole, you're the same guy who sold a ball autographed by you and Roger Clemens.

Huh? One has NOTHING to do with the other.

You bought tickets to a game that you thought was in Foxboro because the Patriots were listed last and you claim he defrauded you?

No, you were an idiot. I'm sure somewhere on the auction it mentioned Buffalo, but even if it didn't, it's not that hard to look up the game. I would not have refunded your money either, and neither would most ebay sellers. He had every right to leave you negative feedback, if you acted that way to him.

Mole, you're the same guy who sold a ball autographed by you and Roger Clemens.

Yeah, it has nothing to do with it. I just couldn't think of anything to say.

Yeah, I fucked up when it came to the auction. BUT my point is that he didn't need to give me negative feedback. He sold me something, I gave him the money. Simple as that. Whatever, it is over with.

And what does me selling my Roger Clemens ball have to do with anything? That was 3 years ago.

Yeah, I fucked up when it came to the auction. BUT my point is that he didn't need to give me negative feedback. He sold me something, I gave him the money. Simple as that. Whatever, it is over with.

If you were hassling him and being hostile demanding a refund that you didn't deserve, then you did deserve negative feedback.

And what does me selling my Roger Clemens ball have to do with anything? That was 3 years ago.

It's funny.

Ugh, I don't get some people on eBay. Why do they start a opening bid for something so high? This one guy is selling a PS3 and has the opening bid at $3,250. This won't sell and he wasted a few bucks on the fee, plus the $20.00 so he could have it "Featured Plus."

I just don't get it. You won't sell stuff that way.