TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wrestlefreak

Dec/1/2006 Smackdown Thread

Smackdown Preview

The Animal walked out of Survivor Series in Philadelphia the new World Heavyweight Champion. This Friday on SmackDown, Batista faces a huge challenge to his newly won title, as he will be put into action in a Triple Threat Match against former champion King Booker and The Angry Irishman Finlay.

Mr. Kennedy scored the upset victory in the First Blood Match with Undertaker, but the brash Superstar paid a heavy price as he was beaten, bloodied, and laid out with the Tombstone after the match. Will Kennedy return to SmackDown with the same confidence he has displayed as of late?

Finally, Chris Benoit was able to defeat Chavo Guerrero to retain his United States Championship. The Rabid Wolverine forced Guerrero to tap out to the Crossface much to the delight of the raucous Philadelphia crowd.

Witness the SmackDown fallout for yourself, Friday night on SmackDown from Buffalo at 8/7 CT on the CW Network.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another good show tonight. You can always count on Smackdown to deliver!

Agreed, another solid show. The triple threat match for the title was surprisingly good, Finlay really carried the slug Batista to something entertaining and the commentary put all three guys over.

Thered be a nice tag division if there was no brand split between RAW and SD.

They should just unify the tag titles and have the champions defend against teams based on Raw/SD/ECW. We'd have London/Kendrick, Cryme Tyme, The Highlanders, The Hardyz (if they officially reform), James/Stevens (when Michelle McCool is healthy), MNM is an option but they're supposed to be separating again after D2D, The FBI, Terkay/Burke, Sandman/Dreamer, Vis/Haas, Cade/Murdoch. I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting as well. There's some potential for interesting match combinations there. At the moment they're just spread way too thinly with like 3 teams on each brand. Unify the titles, and allow teams from different shows to challenge each other.

I really think its interesting that Smackdown has once again caught up with Raw in terms of amount of viewers (according to the past six weeks), and it seems like most people prefer to just watch it and not be posting at the same time. Almost like the Raw threads are for group-ranting about the show whereas Smackdown.. it's just fun.

Good show, and I haven't watched much wreslting at all the past few years.

And I don't care what anyone else says, MVP is ok by me.