TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cabbageboy

NFL Week 15

This is a really good game. Also, I wonder if McQuarters is going to have a fine levied against him for booting the pylon in the back of the end zone into a camerman.

Yeah, bat it right into the hands of a defender. Well done.

Enjoy the 18th green, Eli, Barber, Shockey, and friends!

You do know they are very much in the playoff hunt still? That said, I hope they lose the next two games just to see Eli and Shockey throw a shitfit.

They actually still own the last playoff spot. Sad, but true.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
Chicago is going to be resting their starters in Week 17

Did Lovie Smith announce this?

Guest Vitamin X
Chicago is going to be resting their starters in Week 17

Why would they? They already got a bye. They don't or shouldn't want to get rusted up for their playoff game. I'd say play the starters first half, if it's a blowout, rest them for the second.

Because why risk injury in a game that is largely meaningless, rivalry aside? Green Bay will be playing their asses off just to get to .500 for this game, maybe playoffs if the scenarios play out right. Chicago doesn't need to play for anything, just get a few reps in in the first quarter and go, like the 3rd or 4th week of preseason.

They need to play for not sucking after the bye. Hasn't history proven time and time again how stupid it is to pull your starters if you have a bye?

They need to play for not sucking after the bye. Hasn't history proven time and time again how stupid it is to pull your starters if you have a bye?

The Eagles did this during their SuperBowl run in 2004.

Guest Princess Leena

No. The other way. In the last game of the 1999 season, the Bills played their backup QB. He was so impressive in this game, that he then started in the playoffs. And then, the Bills were doomed for eternity.

Guest Paul

They have the 6th seed (which the 4th, 5th and 6th will all be useless) you jackass.

And the Eagles have a schedule that does not favor them.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

It happened last year with the Bears letting the Vikings win the 16th game and then getting smacked around by the Panthers two weeks later. Sleepwalking through a Packers game at Soldier Field is unacceptable.

Not being a homer, I totally think the Eagles are better than the Cowboys and the Falcons and will defeat both. I predicted they would win tonight and was pleased. Jeff Garcia's display by spiking the ball, while stupid and causing him to throw a deep ball INT, was also nice to see, as I am SO tired of Donovan McNabb, his "smile" after every bad/good play, and his injuries and killing our season. Garcia's emotion and playing with that GROSS hand shows me he has a lot of heart and cares about taking this team as far as he can. But that kiss at the end of the game...eh...

I didn't realize the NFC "close calls" for the playoffs were so few. Giants, IMO, actually get in at 9-7 or 8-8.

That said, predicitions for how the NFC finishes:

Bears #1 Seed at 13-3 (win and a loss, Detroit & Green Bay, or 2 wins, this depends on the starters playing)

Saints #2 Seed at 10-6 (close loss to the Giants, crush Carolina)

Eagles #3 Seed at 10-6 (close win over Dallas, win over Atlanta)

Seahawks #4 Seed at 9-7 (loss to San Diego, win over Tampa)

Cowboys #5 at 10-6 (loss to Eagles, crush Detroit)

Giants #6 at 9-7 (close win over New Orleans, crush Washington)

Wow.

Giants/Seahawks (last year's game of the year) and Eagles/Dallas (T.O. Bowl II in Philly) in the first round???? Teams may not be as good as the AFC, but the matchups are certainly intriguing IF this plays out, which of course it won't.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah but remember the Bears weren't nearly as good last year as they are this year, and the Panthers were a better team.

Most teams rest their starters in the last week if their playoff positioning won't improve with a victory. It's just treated like a preseason game at that point.

They have the 6th seed (which the 4th, 5th and 6th will all be useless) you jackass.

And the Eagles have a schedule that does not favor them.

I don't think next week will be a win, but I think they'll beat Atlanta in Philly.

Definite must-win next week for the Giants with the Saints coming to town.

The Ravens game was fun..good to see they can win a game with Boller, but Boller still unquestionably sucks and had it been vs any other team they'd have lost.

Im watching the SD/KC game now begging KC to do something but it doesn't look very likely. If SD wins and Indy loses the Ravens would be in Home Field Advantage position with 2 games left. As it is, Im begging the Bengals to play well tomorrow and beat the Colts since no matter what they do the Ravens are in the playoffs.

Guest Paul
Not being a homer, I totally think the Eagles are better than the Cowboys and the Falcons and will defeat both.

Just because you beat the Giants, who are shitty? Seriously. Go back into your hole in South Jersey and die slow.

Yeah but remember the Bears weren't nearly as good last year as they are this year, and the Panthers were a better team.

Most teams rest their starters in the last week if their playoff positioning won't improve with a victory. It's just treated like a preseason game at that point.

Look VX, I respect your opinion, but you're a Packers fan, asking the Bears to sit their starters, in the final week of the season, against the Packers, when the Packers might have something to play for. I would say you're a teeny bit biased here. Bears shouldn't rest their starters. They are already thin as it is on defense. They need to continue building up Rex's confidence for the playoffs. The earliest they should sit their players is halftime.

KC is playing some decent defense, they just cant get anything going on offense. About like last week vs the Ravens..

YES! KC Blocked punt! WHOO!

WHAT THE HELL? How is it SD's ball?

LOL and now an 85 yard LT TD..

oh well..

He made that look so effortless. What a player and he deserves the "best player ever" talk he's been getting because he's reaching that level right in our eyes.

Look VX, I respect your opinion, but you're a Packers fan, asking the Bears to sit their starters, in the final week of the season, against the Packers, when the Packers might have something to play for. I would say you're a teeny bit biased here. Bears shouldn't rest their starters. They are already thin as it is on defense. They need to continue building up Rex's confidence for the playoffs. The earliest they should sit their players is halftime.

They are already thin on defense...so they need to keep playing the starters in essentially preseason games?

They are already thin on defense...so they need to keep playing the starters in essentially preseason games?

Yes, a season game that counts is a "preseason" game. Excellent deduction!

Not being a homer, I totally think the Eagles are better than the Cowboys and the Falcons and will defeat both.

Just because you beat the Giants, who are shitty? Seriously. Go back into your hole in South Jersey and die slow.

Aside from Ron Jaworski, who thought the Eagles would beat the Giants? Seriously.

I think the Eagles have a very good chance of being Dallas and Atlanta. Dallas is having some secondary issues and Atlanta has all sorts of problems.

Aside from Ron Jaworski, who thought the Eagles would beat the Giants? Seriously.

I think the Eagles have a very good chance of being Dallas and Atlanta. Dallas is having some secondary issues and Atlanta has all sorts of problems.

Out of the 4 guys in the pregame show, 3 of them picked Eagles.