TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Toshiaki Koala

Soy is turning our children gay!

Maybe so, maybe not. I was just voicing my opinion. I just think organic foods is ridiculous. They taste horrible, and if you prefer them by taste, that's cool. But if you eat them for diet, I don't agree with that. You can enjoy all the junk foods, cheeseburgers, ice cream, etc if you work your body. I should have specified this earlier.
Any doctor will say that good old fashioned exercise is the best policy towards losing weight, not changing your complete diet to organic foods.
No, you're pretty much a moron. You obviously have no idea what "organic" means when it's attached as a label to foods (including meats). Maybe you could go look that up and then come back and we'll see what you have to say then.

Because that shit is tasteless, and my prefered choice. I just generally disagree with it, that's all. You can eat whatever you want, when you want, as long as you work it off.

As for tofu being tasteless - well DUH! The whole point is that it takes on the flavour of whatever you season or cook it with.

Anyway, I used to weigh over 300 pounds when I was a senior in high school. I weighed that much for various reasons, the medication I was taking, and no exercise. I got off the medication, and began working out regularly. I went from 300 pounds in June 2004 to 185 in late November 2004. I ate what I wanted, when I wanted, but always found time to bust my ass on the treadmill, or the bike trails running.

Yes, that's great. And when you are suffering from osteoperosis and die from clogging of the arteries or especially diabetes, we'll all be laughing.

As for tofu being tasteless - well DUH! The whole point is that it takes on the flavour of whatever you season or cook it with.

Well Tofu may be a meat extender but it doesn't do anything to "extend my meat".

Thank you, I'm here all day! Literally.

Thats because theintensifier is the one throwing it around, and as I accurately described, he is a bit of an idiot.

He probably means vegetarian food.

BTW I had some damn good vegetarian sausage for lunch yesterday. Randomly. I don't know they get the consistancy just right, but it even has the little bits of fat inside, even though it's all vegetable protein. How odd. But the flavors were better than all but the best sausage I've had.

dubQ,

Wow. I didn't realize you felt so strongly about organic foods to say something along the lines of "when you die, we'll all be laughing." First of all, you won't know it when I die, secondly, I'm in great physical shape, actually the best shape I've ever been in. As to organic food, I know what it is, the good/bad aspects, I do watch the news, and read various articles about a variety of things. I know that organic food is good for you, and that it doesn't have those harmful chemicals that "normal" food does. But, some scientists and toxicologists believe that the chemicals are so low, that it's not harming us.

My whole (pointless) argument was:

I firmly believe that you do not need to change your entire diet because you're overweight. Sure, you could switch to organic/veggie foods, that's the easy way. Like I stated before, I can eat whatever/whenever, but I just workout. That's simple to understand.

I'm talking about healthier eating habits regardless of your weight.

...and what you're saying isn't simple to understand, because it's just plain dumb. You're completely missing the point that EVEN IF you are in great PHYSICAL shape, EVEN IF work a hell of a lot and eat whatever you want whenever you want and in ridiculous portions, but those foods are still damaging you on the inside, no matter how many laps you run or weights you lift.

This paragraph still pisses me off:

Maybe so, maybe not. I was just voicing my opinion. I just think organic foods is ridiculous. They taste horrible, and if you prefer them by taste, that's cool. But if you eat them for diet, I don't agree with that. You can enjoy all the junk foods, cheeseburgers, ice cream, etc if you work your body. I should have specified this earlier.

This is COMPLETELY UNTRUE. You have to eat healthy AND work your body. This is just illustrating how idiotic your line of thinking is. Go watch this video on Diabetes and maybe it'll give you a hint of what your life is going to be like later on if you keep this this line of thinking:

Guest Legalise Drugs and Murder

I'm always drawn to the Bill Hicks bit about Yul Brenner and Jim Fixx whenever presented with the health argument.

Yul smoked, drank, teenage girls sitting on top of his cueball noggin'..Jim's up jogging around a dewy track at dawn, both fuckin' dead.

but like dubs said, bad diets cause diabetes, and diabetes, like emphazyma and so many other chronic illnesses don't kill you, they just make your life a lot more difficult.

No thanks.

Tofu is crap. I had to eat it for three years as a kid, and no one can tell me that it tastes good or takes on the tastes of the other foods & seasonings you cook with it. That's total BS... tofu tastes like shit. Organic root beer on the other hand, that stuff was GOOD.

Also, it seems like both sides of this debate is forgetting about moderation. Can those on the side of soy dispute that it contains high levels of estrogen? Can those against soy dispute that it is perfectly healthy when eaten in moderate amounts? And similar questions arise for "normal" food.

I've got to tell you, I'd rather eat an enjoyable diet consisting of moderate amounts of junk food, treats, alcohol, & cheeseburgers AND moderate amounts of healthy, organic foods & juices, and enjoy my life and die in my 80s than eat a miserable diet of healthy food that tastes like shit which would allow me to live to 200 so I can watch my body & mind slowly decay.

Tofu is crap. I had to eat it for three years as a kid, and no one can tell me that it tastes good or takes on the tastes of the other foods & seasonings you cook with it. That's total BS... tofu tastes like shit.

Good Eats Chocolate Tofu Pie:

2 cups chocolate chips,

1/3 cup coffee liqueur

1 block silken tofu

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 tablespoon honey

1 prepared chocolate wafer crust

Place a small metal bowl over a saucepan with simmering water. Melt the chocolate and coffee liqueur in the bowl. Stir in vanilla. Combine the tofu, chocolate mixture, and honey in the blender jar. Liquefy until smooth.

Pour the filling into the crust and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until the filling is set.

--

Ive made that on several occasions and not one person has ever uttered the word tofu (as in "this tastes like tofu" or "does this have tofu in it?") until I mentioned it was made with Tofu. It tastes just about like any other chocolate pie you've had.

The only good thing about your organic Root Beer is that its probably made with organic sugar instead of corn syrup. If you want to single out the evil ingredient everyone eats that they shouldn't..its fucking High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Oh man, the ol' HFCS. That stuff is, in fact, the worst. Doesn't the rise of HFCS have a lot to do with senators from agricultural states, senators like Dick Durbin, legislating sugar out of companies' price ranges so that they can use the cheaper alternative that just happens to be made with the shitloads of corn that are grown in Iowa, Illinois, et al.?

Yes.

It is weird how corn permeates all food in our country.

It goes into the animals that go into our meat, and it goes into almost all of our drinks, starches, etc.

Corn is such a greedy plant that requires vast amounts of fertilizer to grow, because no farms out there practice any kind of crop rotation anymore. Almost all fertilizers used in this day and age are made from oil.

Think about it.

Arguments about how unhealthy our diet is would be a lot more convincing if the average life expectancy in America wasn't 78 years old.

This is because we have medicine more powerful than the shit that we eat.

No matter how badly we fuck ourselves up, we have a pill for that.

But that doesn't make it okay, or pleasant.

Guest Legalise Drugs and Murder

That's exactly what it means. Got high cholesterol? Well, you can run laps and eat dirt, or take a pill with a milkshake.

Now here's what gets me..

For all the talk of how unhealthy all this processed food is, vegetarians have no problem gagging down laboratory-isolated soy proteins turned into a milky fluid or any other chemically produced shit that can not occur naturally in the world.

Whatever happened to balanced diets? 90% of Mine consists of meat off the bone, fish, leafy greens, cheese, eggs, bread, and breakfast cereal. I still feel like a million bucks despite smoking like a chimney. Just don't gorge on fast food and Chunky bars.

It is the whole thing of an ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure.

I think the big issue in THIS country is that first of all, people forgot how to cook, and second, people seek the convienant quick fix.

Arguments about how unhealthy our diet is would be a lot more convincing if the average life expectancy in America wasn't 78 years old.

But with the advances of modern medicine and my high level of income, I mean, it's not crazy to think I can't live to be 245, maybe 300.

Don't forget about genetics too.

I mean, my heart is going to hate me in ten-fifteen years. I can be in perfect shape, but with family history of high blood pressure and high chlorestoral, I'm going to be a walking heart attack.

By the time you get to 125, you'll get up, break a bone, fall down and die...so I cant imagine people living that long unless they're hooked up to a bunch of machines or if we become bionic-ized with metal bones and artificial hearts and stuff.

Well I am an admitted transhumanist so I look forward to my cybernetic parts when the time comes.