TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vivalaultra

Top 10 Albums of 2006

Forgot Return to the Sea! And I heard a bit of the new Tool, suffice to say it sounded like a band doing an impression of Tool. Not good.

Shit, me too. File it under the "albums I really like," I think. That's on the cusp between like and love; I just haven't listened to it in a few months.

Just downloaded the new Junior Boys too. This might get in there.

Well, after giving Agalloch and Xela's bew ones a listen, here's my thoughts: Agalloch is a rarity: A Black Metal band who I like, or at least doesn't strike me as trying too hard to be controversial in subject matter.. Xela's new one is boring though.

Also, Black Sun Productions new album Operett Amorale is suprisingly good. Thom Yorke's The Eraser gets boring after a while though.

Horrible or not Corey, its still influence.

How many garage rock bands pay homage to the Beatles, and how many of them try to be like John Lennon? It's all on influence.

I figure I'll just arbitrarily name some of the albums I liked in 06 since composing a list is too much for me, lollerz.

T.I. - King

Ice Cube - Laugh Now, Cry Later

Les Claypool - Of Whales and Woe

Young Dro - Best Thang Smokin'

Ray Cash - Cash on Delivery

The Decemberists - The Crane Wife

Rick Ross - Port of Miami

Yung Joc - New Joc City

E-40 - My Ghetto Report Card

Trick Daddy - Back by Thug Demand

So, where exactly can my opinion be ignored, because I'm curious as to just how awful my taste is, lawlz.

Well, I gave the new LCD soundsystem a listen after getting it off ITunes. I like it more than their first album, but it's not going to beat out Motor's Klunk in my eyes.

Horrible or not Corey, its still influence.

How many garage rock bands pay homage to the Beatles, and how many of them try to be like John Lennon? It's all on influence.

But most people say Tool are influential as if it were a positive way. There has yet to be a single band with a heavy Tool influence that is anything but boring rubbish.

gary, is the new Zombi better than, as good as, or worse than Cosmos?

Alright I don't know 90% of these people. I know most of the rap artists and a few of the others. What type of music do some of these other artists do? Are these "underground" albums? My musical tastes don't appear to be sophisticated enough at this point...

Aluminium - S/T

The Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bones

Hot Chip - Warning

Electric Six - Switzerland

CSS - Cansei De Ser Sexy

Eagles Of Death Metal -Death By Sexy

Final Fantasy - He Poos Clouds

Beck - The Information

The Young Knives - Voices of Animals and Men

gary, is the new Zombi better than, as good as, or worse than Cosmos?

I actually like it more than Cosmos. One review I read said it sounds like Rush in their prime if they did an album without guitars or vocals. So yeah, it's great stuff, IMO.

More evidence that I'm a typical person over 30: I have no idea what anyone is talking about.

I really need to find a pop culture board populated by people my own age or something.

You probably don't need to worry that much, I'm 19 and I know NONE of that stuff.

I figure I'll just arbitrarily name some of the albums I liked in 06 since composing a list is too much for me, lollerz.

T.I. - King

Ice Cube - Laugh Now, Cry Later

Les Claypool - Of Whales and Woe

Young Dro - Best Thang Smokin'

Ray Cash - Cash on Delivery

The Decemberists - The Crane Wife

Rick Ross - Port of Miami

Yung Joc - New Joc City

E-40 - My Ghetto Report Card

Trick Daddy - Back by Thug Demand

So, where exactly can my opinion be ignored, because I'm curious as to just how awful my taste is, lawlz.

god damn it, drea, i loved cash on delivery. i thought i was the only one.

pretty much everything i liked has already been said, so i'm just going to throw world premiere by the team into the mix and slink back into the shadows.

Agalloch is a rarity: A Black Metal band who I like, or at least doesn't strike me as trying too hard to be controversial in subject matter..

Not a Black Metal band, by any stretch of the imagination. Your friend who recommended them also recommended the wrong album from them. The Mantle or Pale Folklore are more interesting.

I'm still the only one here who thought that the new Mastodon was really bad?