TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Smues

I could make an entire thread out of some of the

I work at RadioShack and we just launched our gaming stuff about a month ago or so. A bunch of people are calling in to see if we have the Wii. We don't and when we do, we are only going to get one. Yes, one. But we still sell other shit for it.

Anyway, this little kid comes in and asks if we sell Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii. We tell him no and that we just sell it for PS2 and 360. About 20 mins later, his Mom comes in with him. She asks, very rudely, "Why don't you sell GH for the Wii?"

I say, "I don't know, why don't you call Texas and ask them?" (which is where our headquarters is)

She just looks at me and walks out.

Also today, this guy calls asking if we have a back cover for a PSP. I tell him no and to call GameStop or Game Crazy. He then asks if I could look up GC number for him. I told him, "Nooo, you can do that yourself. It's called the phone book.

He hung up.

The idea behind putting up lots of Wii boxes with price tags, even when they aren't in stock is simple. When the customer walks in and is saddened by the news of the store not having a Wii, they'll usually buy something else just to justify the trip inside. Oldest trick in the book.

Guest Smues
The idea behind putting up lots of Wii boxes with price tags, even when they aren't in stock is simple. When the customer walks in and is saddened by the news of the store not having a Wii, they'll usually buy something else just to justify the trip inside. Oldest trick in the book.

Except for customers like me who are buying other things already, see whatever item on the wall and think it's for sale but it's not (in my case it wasn't the Wii itself, it was the wiimotes and nunchuks), and decide not to buy any of the stuff I was already determined to buy because now I'm angry.