TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NFL Week 17

Guest Vitamin X

Also, the Bears need Griese in there if they want a championship. Their offense seems to run so much better, even if he's rusty.

So I was kinda hoping the Giants would be the 1st round game as I'm a tad bit more comfortable with the Seahawks beating them then Dallas.

Oh, well, I'll enjoy the tickets I got and go.

23-0! Shutout revenge indeed.

Remember I said the Packers would probably win because the Bears will be resting their starters? Yeah. And the Bears fans on here were calling for a "mauling", a "56-0 lead at halftime" and other such ridiculousness? C'mon.

Fucking Redskins.

If you were referring to me, I never called a mauling. I said that Grossman should stay in because he needs all the confidence building he can get. But he sucked tonight, so that went out of the window.

Late to the party, but I highly enjoyed the Titans trying to bully the Pats into turtling and resting the starters only to get smacked and have Vinny Testaverde throw a TD pass on them.

Vince Young looked like Michael Vick all right, but that's not a good thing. Kid needs to learn not to float every pass in there and instead nail his receivers between the numbers.

Bring on the Jets!

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Well, this is gonna be like last year, isn't it. So which 9-win team humiliates the Bears at home?

Guest Vitamin X

Aw, Favre's gettin emotional now.

Those are retirement tears, I remember them from when Elway let go.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

There is no such thing as a meaningless game. Way to go, Bears.

This is the second straight year that I get the premonition the top two seeds of the NFC will fail to make the conference championship game

Not to mention that with Rottenheimer holding the #1 seed in the AFC, we may only see one team with a first-round bye make the conference title game this year

This is the second straight year that I get the premonition the top two seeds of the NFC will fail to make the conference championship game

I thought Seattle was the top seed last year.

I said I had a premonition... I didn't say it came true

I really didn't think Seattle and Chicago would make the NFC title game... at least Chicago followed through

I like the way the playoffs have shaped up for the AFC. No Denver at all, and the Steelers eliminating the Bengals from the playoffs for the second year in a row (sort of) was amusing. I really want to see the KC/Indy game. The Chiefs players are probably as surprised as anyone that they're in the post-season, so it'll be interesting to see how they respond. I'm sickly curious as to what LJ will do against the Colts' D, but the real key will be if the Chiefs D can do just enough to give them a win. The Jets/Pats rubber match should be good defensive battle as well.

The NFC side looks much less interesting, however. All teams are varying degrees of inconsistent. The Eagles have been playing fairly well with Garcia, and the Giants have been bad for the most part recently. I forsee a squash here. Dallas and Seattle are the two most bipolar teams in the league. This could be really good, really sloppy, or a total squash. The winner will be lucky to survive their next game.

10-6 was enough for a bye.

That should tell you all you need to know about the NFC right there.

I'll go with Indy (barely), NE, Giants in a complete turd and Seattle.

Not to mention that with Rottenheimer holding the #1 seed in the AFC, we may only see one team with a first-round bye make the conference title game this year

I want the Chargers to make it to the AFC Champ. game so the Ravens can beat them again.

Oddly enough, the Ravens went out to California in 2001 to win the AFC Championship vs the Raiders..I thought it was funny today they had Rich Gannon in the booth and thats all he was talking about.

Also, the Bears need Griese in there if they want a championship. Their offense seems to run so much better, even if he's rusty.

I think the Bears only chance to make it out of the NFC is with Griese. Grossman is horrible. Otherwise, it will be the Saints or the Seahawks again.

Jim Mora Jr. was just fired by the Falcons.

I had no problem with him, but his offensive and defensive coordinators were fucking idiots and he wouldn't make the change so screw him.

It highly amuses me that the Seahawks honestly have a shot to make it past the Wildcard. I figured they'd be out in the first game, but given how Dallas is slumping, they have a VERY real chance at doing it. It's fucking funny given how Seattle's played for most of this season.

Brett Farve's speech was emotional as hell. I think Madden had it right, if his eyes had been dry then he'd be back...but if they were wet, he wouldn't be back. His eyes were wet, and he had to fight back crying, so...It probably is the end.

I think Favre was being emotional last night, but why retire now? The Packers managed to be better than expected this year, so next year they could contend in the lousy NFC. Favre outta take a step back, put it in perspective, and then come back for one last year and try and truly go out on top.

It's amazing to already hear pundits on ESPN saying the Colts have no shot against the CHIEFS??? The Colts are 8-0 at home this year, KC is only 3-5 on the road. Larry Johnson will get his, no doubt. And the Colts will win the game something like 35-24.

My Super Bowl prediction (and really has been since like week 3): Baltimore vs. Chicago. A game that will put hair on your chest.

I think Favre was being emotional last night, but why retire now? The Packers managed to be better than expected this year, so next year they could contend in the lousy NFC. Favre outta take a step back, put it in perspective, and then come back for one last year and try and truly go out on top.

It's amazing to already hear pundits on ESPN saying the Colts have no shot against the CHIEFS??? The Colts are 8-0 at home this year, KC is only 3-5 on the road. Larry Johnson will get his, no doubt. And the Colts will win the game something like 35-24.

My Super Bowl prediction (and really has been since like week 3): Baltimore vs. Chicago. A game that will put hair on your chest.

The Colts are being smacked down because they have the worst rush defense in the league, while the Chiefs have one of the best rushers in the league and some of the best O-Line guys.

My SB prediction right now is San Diego vs. Philly, as I'm not confident in Chicago at all and I'm not enough of homer to say New Orleans right now.