TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathon

Fox Cancels "The O.C."

It's not like The OC is the first show to have actors older than the part. Jay Baruchel from Undeclared is 24 now but could still convincingly play a high schooler. I guess some people will hate on anything "mainstream" or popular with the youngins.

Guest Smues
I never watched one episode, and now I never have to hear that damn "California...CALIFORNIAAAAAAAAA!" song again! Yay!

Why are people, who don't even watch the show..rejoicing? I mean really, it's not gonna make a difference whatsoever if you never watched it before..And if you've never seen an episode...why complain about the song? (Which they rarely ever use in the commercials...so I doubt without watching it, you'd hear it that much)

I haven't seen it lately, but there was a period of time where California CALIFORNIAAAAAAAAAAAA was in the ads for the show and they were played way too many times (most likely during a baseball post season).

Most shows play the theme song during ads. It's not that strange.

Anyways, I asked the question in the Comment's thread but it seems more suited for this one instead. Which star from this show stands to have the most potential for breakout success of a career? (or at least, a career period). I'm thinking Brody will be a TV actor for a little longer but Reeser will have the most post OC success. McKenzie could make it if he gets more roles like Junebug.

Mischa-Barton-Flashes-Her-Breasts-2.jpg

I agree with the 40 year old part.

Not so much the hot part.

But I never watched the show either, just wanted to see if the people that did thought it was time for it to end or was fox just cancelling shit again.

And yeah, I will never understand people that rejoice when a show they don't watch goes off the air.

Me neither, really. I remember people busting a nut because 'Serenity' just did OK.

So FOX has 24, Simpsons, Family Guy and what? King of the Hill will probably go on with perpetuity, though God knows why. What else a bunch of shitty reality shows?

cancelling AD. jerks.

All I know is this better mean that Melinda Clarke will get a better vehicle to star in soon. And as for the Phantom Planet song, I enjoy the song but I got into it when it was on the Orange County movie soundtrack.

So FOX has 24, Simpsons, Family Guy and what? King of the Hill will probably go on with perpetuity, though God knows why. What else a bunch of shitty reality shows?

Prison Break, House

How could you forget JACK MOTHERFUCKING BAUER! Only 9 days until the new season!

Anyway, I actually loved the first season of the OC. Managed to mix good comedy and realistic situations into the old "teen soap" formula. The second season was much, much worse, but I watched it out of habit anyway. I watched about two or three episodes of the third season and just gave up on it altogether. Terrible. I tried watching later, and Sandy was lecturing some guy for taking Ryan (a 26 year old playing a 20 year old) to a strip club. That was so bad that I decided I was just done forever. At this point, I'm glad the show got a mercy killing, as it had fallen off so far from where it started.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
Michael J Fox is something like 3 years older than Crispin Glover, who played his dad in BTTF. Age doesn't matter.

Did anybody on the O.C. ever travel back in time to when their parents were the same age as them?

Well, if they did, we wouldn't have this thread.

Can't say I'm a HUGE fan of the show, but I did watch it starting at the end of last season after I heard that they were killing off Mischa Barton's character. I then said what the hell and started to watch this season and got hooked after seeing Autumn Reeser's character Taylor Townsend. w25548686.jpg

Show might suck, but at least there was something worth looking at. Kinda sucks that its going, but I can't say I'll miss it.

Well, looks like Fox made it official tonight that the show is done. When they were hyping the next episode the announcer guy was saying, only 6 more episodes until its done, or something to that effect.