TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2007

Homer Bailey is in the Yahoo! player pool so he should be on his roster at the start of opening day.

Doesn't mean he'll be up on the big league team though. See the red "NA" next to his name? That means he's not actually up yet and would be effectively just holding a roster spot. Like I said, I did this with Delmon Young most of last year.

Yes I know. I'm well aware what Not Active means.

Yahoo doesn't add every single minor league player too its player pool. When people are talking about drafting a guy that isn't even in the player pool yet, they are talking about claiming the rights to be the first team to add him once he is available to add. A good example is BJ Upton's brother. Or are guys that aren't even in the Yahoo player pool yet completely off limits to draft?

If a guy is in the player pool and listed as NA they aren't claiming the rights. They are essentially adding a player that may or may not be on the opening day roster.

There is a difference.

Homer Bailey is in the Yahoo! player pool so he should be on his roster at the start of opening day.

Doesn't mean he'll be up on the big league team though. See the red "NA" next to his name? That means he's not actually up yet and would be effectively just holding a roster spot. Like I said, I did this with Delmon Young most of last year.

Yes I know. I'm well aware what Not Active means.

Yahoo doesn't add every single minor league player too its player pool. When people are talking about drafting a guy that isn't even in the player pool yet, they are talking about claiming the rights to be the first team to add him once he is available to add. A good example is BJ Upton's brother. Or are guys that aren't even in the Yahoo player pool yet completely off limits to draft?

If a guy is in the player pool and listed as NA they aren't claiming the rights. They are essentially adding a player that may or may not be on the opening day roster.

There is a difference.

I haven't even thought of such issues. Let's put it this way, the top whatever minor leaguers that everyone would want to draft, Yahoo has in the system. So its pretty much a moot point, I can't imagine why someone would want to draft a minor leaguer that's not even on the top prospect radar. Just in case and for precedent's sake, I'll say you can't draft anyone not in the Yahoo system because then it becomes a situation where you're actually drafting someone else to hold a roster spot and then laying claim to another player when he's called up, who knows when that is. Like I said, I doubt we'll be faced with this situation but that's my take on it.

Well the rest of the available pitchers have WHIP at around 1.40 and ERA at 4.00 so I decided to take a risk on the rookie.

What happens if he's in AAA until August or so?

This is a weekly league and with the number of bench spots there is nothing to worry about.

Guest Queen Leelee
I will never be able to see his name again without "Greek God of walks" popping up in my head. Thanks, Michael Lewis!

I thought Youkilis was a Jew.

And he's 1B/3B/OF. He will not be playing 1B for the Fightin' A-Rods.

I will never be able to see his name again without "Greek God of walks" popping up in my head. Thanks, Michael Lewis!

And he's 1B/3B/OF. He will not be playing 1B for the Fightin' A-Rods.

He is. Greek is a national origin, Jew is a religion. There were Jews all over European countries (including Russia) until some nasty stuff happened.

Guest Queen Leelee

Hmm, yes.

Wikipedia says he's a Romanian Jew, though.

I just want his .400 OBP and 120 runs batting 1st or 2nd in the lineup.

Guest Queen Leelee

That's what I've read most places about BOS's lineup.

Please keep breaking your thumb and sucking, Coco.

He may be. That was Billy Beane's nickname for him in Moneyball.

I have a keeper in the ninth round, so Precious Roy is up.

Actually, so does he. Round 9 order is now up.

Actually, no I don't. I picked two players from rd. 10 per the previous owner, that should be my 10th and 11th rders, not my 9th and 10th.

I'm just waiting for MJ Styles to confirm, then I'll post my pick for this rd. I would have done it last night but I was waiting for the rd. to go up in the other thread.

I have a keeper in the ninth round, so Precious Roy is up.

Actually, so does he. Round 9 order is now up.

Actually, no I don't. I picked two players from rd. 10 per the previous owner, that should be my 10th and 11th rders, not my 9th and 10th.

You're absolutely right. Chalk it up to an error on the spreadsheet made up by thepinjockey that I was relying on (although its my own fault for not double checking with my own notes.)

Ok, well for all intents and purposes, the last 2 picks are unofficial and back on the table, luckily we didn't go any farther. So, make your pick, Roy and then we'll continue, and in the future I will be sure to double check with my notes.

I'm just waiting for MJ Styles to confirm, then I'll post my pick for this rd. I would have done it last night but I was waiting for the rd. to go up in the other thread.

Also, I didn't pick until this morning.

I thought two keepers from the same round kicks forward a round, not back. Unless you don't have a pick in the earlier round, otherwise then it goes back (ex. the Round 1 picks who got bumped to round 2,3,4; can't go earlier than round 1)

I thought two keepers from the same round kicks forward a round, not back. Unless you don't have a pick in the earlier round, otherwise then it goes back (ex. the Round 1 picks who got bumped to round 2,3,4; can't go earlier than round 1)

F*If more than one keeper were drafted in the same round (for example, Team B chooses Derek Jeter (drafted in 3rd round by Team A and traded to Team B) and Ichiro Suziki (drafted by Team B in 3rd round), team will forfeit the next lowest round (so in our example rounds 3 and 4.)