TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

2007 NFL Playoffs

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Well, I hope you guys feel smart. Hardly anybody here picked the Bears to win. The Saints looked good for a few minutes, but looked awful for most of it. This is what happens when you buy into the Booyahs. The Saints lost twice as many games as the Bears, gave up 5 yards on average per rush, and yet everybody said they could come to the snowy Chicago lakefront and do what no team has ever done. They kept it close for a while there, but got absolutely trampled at the end. The Saints had a good year by Saint standards, but they were not a juggernaut, and they were not going to save the city.

iggymcbraves fan.

The Saints had a good year by Saint standards

A 6-10 season is a good year by Saint standards.

This was the best season in Saints history. (yes, they went 12-3 once but they didn't win a playoff game)

Hey, I don't feel bad about picking the Saints. The Bears, as a whole, have been inconsistent throughout the second half leading into the playoffs and the defense, in particular, seemed to be having some major issues. The Saints appeared to have enough balance on offense so that they would not be hampered by the inclement weather and, even though the defense was suspect, so was Rex Grossman.

Even though the one-sided nature of the Bears' victory might lead you to think otherwise, I'd disagree that picking New Orleans to win this game was tantamount to stupidity and/or insanity.

Czech's hard-on for ESPN is really disturbing given that FOX, CBS and the national media generally felt the same. "The Boo-yahs", really? Czech, you're better then that. Also, don't go Marvin on us as well.

Meanwhile, back on the other game, the Patriots punt it away on their first drive. Faulk had a draw that probably made the Indy fans nervous but, otherwise, the offense came up empty on that drive.

Guest Smues
Well, I hope you guys feel smart. Hardly anybody here picked the Bears to win. The Saints looked good for a few minutes, but looked awful for most of it. This is what happens when you buy into the Booyahs. The Saints lost twice as many games as the Bears, gave up 5 yards on average per rush, and yet everybody said they could come to the snowy Chicago lakefront and do what no team has ever done. They kept it close for a while there, but got absolutely trampled at the end. The Saints had a good year by Saint standards, but they were not a juggernaut, and they were not going to save the city.

I picked the Bears. But I don't feel smart, I feel sad. Too depressed to even do the Wrestlerock Rumble:(

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
Czech's hard-on for ESPN is really disturbing given that FOX, CBS and the national media generally felt the same. "The Boo-yahs", really? Czech, you're better then that. Also, don't go Marvin on us as well.

Well, I couldn't find a funny picture for the other two. How am I going Marvin? I didn't post during the game. Come on now.

Czech's hard-on for ESPN is really disturbing given that FOX, CBS and the national media generally felt the same. "The Boo-yahs", really? Czech, you're better then that.

In all fairness, ESPN had been riding the Saints bandwagon into the ground ever since they had the first game back in the Superdome for Monday Night Football. I would not absolve the other networks of guilt, but The Worldwide Leader's bias in coverage was much more egregious, in my opinion.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
why does everyone hate the bears?

My answer is simple, Bears fans and Rex Grossman.

New York fans calling Chicago fans reprehensible is one of the board's bigger misfires.

Bears fans? For a large fanbase, they are really under the radar. Chicago Bears fans are generally likable people. It's the Eagles, NY and Boston fans that are completely unlikable.

Rex Grossman is a product of the media trying to create a story. Many QB's have pretty bad games. Manning and Brady had horrible post-season games here and the general attitude is "They'll recover", while Grossman is met with "He'll probably blow it" or "He's a big risk". Rex is just the typical meathead QB. We went through that last year with the NFC's rep in the SB.

Hasselbeck's a two-time Pro Bowler. "We want the ball and we're going to score" aside, I don't know that Grossman is really comparable.

As I explained elsewhere, Grossman warrants more scrutiny because there was a perception that, even though this Bears team had the talent to go undefeated, they were weighed down by this young, brash quarterback that was single-handedly throwing away games against subpar opponents. Some of the criticism is deserved, certainly, but people have to remember that he's still an inexperienced quarterback; this season was the first time he's played more than three games in a season.

So is it wrong that I want to see the Colts play the Bears in the superbowel?

Fantastic typo. Now, every time I see advertising for the Super Bowl, I'll think of a giant colon.

The Bears' D from the first half of the season showed up, which more people (myself included) probably should have expected. Still, it was a closer game that you'd think for the first three quarters, only getting out of hand once they nailed Brees with the safety for an intentional grounding penalty in the end zone.

umm your welcome...even though I just now caught it. :D

Bears fans? For a large fanbase, they are really under the radar. Chicago Bears fans are generally likable people. It's the Eagles and Philadelphia fans that are completely unlikable.

Rex Grossman is a product of the media trying to create a story. Many QB's have pretty bad games. Manning and Brady had horrible post-season games here and the general attitude is "They'll recover", while Grossman is met with "He'll probably blow it" or "He's a big risk". Rex is just the typical meathead QB. We went through that last year with the NFC's rep in the SB.

Ok I'll amend that. TSM Bears fans. Is that better?

Maybe if they win this year we can stop hearing about Ditka and the '85 team. It's been two DECADES. It's time to move on.

Well, I couldn't find a funny picture for the other two. How am I going Marvin? I didn't post during the game. Come on now.

That was more of a pre-emptive suggestion, especially if New England wins tonight.

I'm going to feel good sending this dollar to NOLA. Terrific idea, bob barron.

While shoveling my neighbors' driveways this morning I took a poll on the NFC game and everyone seemed to want the Bears to win.

I wanted the Bears to go after the playoffs started.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
Bears fans? For a large fanbase, they are really under the radar. Chicago Bears fans are generally likable people.

Well, other than Bill Swerski's Superfans. We're not ALL like that, but there are really a lot more than you'd think. They think Brine Greasy and Ky Lorton should be in.

Did Dillon gain like 25 pounds recently? Dude looked (and gassed) like a lineman on that 4th and inches run.