TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Decemberists

WON News + Notes, January 22nd Issue

I like Borash.

He stands there, asks questions and reacts. I really don't see him stealing the scene or anything like that. He knows what his job is, which is more than any of the woman do and is probably the closest there is to Mene Gene was back when he didn't have a hotline to plug. (although I can see how some people may not see that as being a good thing).

Argh, shoot judging of worked matches? Ridiculous. The drama in pro wrestling comes from near falls, close submission escapes, not "oo, what mark will judge number 3 give Petey Williams for that dropkick?" The fans would sit on their hands for ten minutes.

Utter garbage...I bet Russo loves this.

I don't get the concept of judges for a bunch of matches. The occasional match where it might be necessary? Okay. But doesn't this mean that every match in this division has to go to a time limit draw so the judges can determine the winner? Wrestling doesn't work that way. The face gets his ass kicked for a lot of the match, makes his comeback, hits his move, and wins. The face would almost always lose a point based wrestling match.

I think sometimes TNA is too focused on high concept stuff when in reality wrestling needs to be based on the audience's knee jerk reaction and emotions. What draws money, a bunch of judges deciding who does the better spots or two guys who hate each other's guts for a logical reason trying to prove who is the better man?

Angle suffered a concussion at the 8:00 mark in the Iron Man Match. Angle always calls his own matches, but from that moment on the match was called by Joe and Earl Hebner.

In what context would the ref call a match?

Excuse my ignorance.

I guess when falls are to take place, when to wrap up the match, etc. Possibly if Angle is looking to out of it, to have Joe go into a rest hold or something.