TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yuna_Firerose

Silent Hill 2

I'm trying to play Silent Hill 2 to see what everyone raves about, but damn if the game is near unplayable on my laptop. I can play at highest textures/resolution without a problem (I use intel integrated graphics), but the damn flashlight causes problems like nothing else. Anytime I try to use it, the screen gets all kinds of weird. I looked up some patches, downloaded the two at Gamespot, and still it's fucked up. Google doesn't help.

Anyone know what's up? Some screencaps are below. I bumped up the brightness/contrast on the images.

sh2pc2007-01-3100-57-01-18.jpg

Before flashlight...

sh2pc2007-01-3100-57-18-60.jpg

...and after.

A really 'WtF??' thing. Since the flashlight is needed to interact with anything, this is seriously frustrating. Sometimes I don't even get zigzags, but pure blackness.

Any help would be appreciated.

You could try playing it on a PS2...
I would if I had a working ps2. Mine broke in November '04. How much are those things used now-a-days?

That's really freakin's weird, with James looking really good, and the rest looking like killer 7.

Indeed. When I first walked into the room with the flashlight-dress, it was completely black. No floors, walls, nothing except for dress and the four-legged thing that pops up.

Could it be a directX thing?

I'm not sure. I installed the direct x it came with, which was 8.1, but I have version 9. It's only the flashlight that things get really fucked up -- it's so bizarre.

try turning the graphics down/messing with other settings. I used to get similar problems with games. The game mightent look as good with graphic acceleration turned off or whatever you do, but at least it'll be consistent.