TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

Final Fantasy VI Advance?

33 members have voted

1. 1. Will you bite on this FFVI translation?

• No, I have FF3 on SNES. Old school!
    • I have unbelievable patience and will suffer through the PS1 port, kthnx.
    • Sold!
    • I'm a newb who requires spikey-haired emos of undeterminable gender in my RPGs
    • Square owns my ass and I'm going to buy this even though I already have 1 or 2 other versions.
    • I'm filthy pirate scum and will just d/l it. LOL newbs buying games!

Raiden. The first time through I played the game I got all the characters and Espers, except Shadow, and pretty much all the uber items. I did have two saves for the Ragnarok, and didn't get the paladin shield (that is beyond the level od keeping Shadow, you HAVE to know that shit.

Plus I never got the Illumina. (Who in their right mind would wager the Ragnarok?) One thing I did get was the Offering/Fixed Dice combo. Just because I loved Setzer.

I do really love FFVII. I was in fact enamored with it when it first came out. But it did start the downward trend of LONG LONG cutscenes, and LONG LONG sidequests. Honestly, even getting knight of the round, much less beating the weapons was ridiculous.

Especially when you can wipe the last boss with Omnislash in one go.

the fact that you HAD to get a Golden Chocobo to get KOTR pissed me off...I spent so much time jacking around with the Chocobo mating shit, it really aggrevated me. I kept hitting reset until they FINALLY spawned a golden one!

Raiden.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that you get Odin Magicite, which can be transformed into the Raiden Magicite, but the Odin Magicite is the only esper that gives you a speed boost on level up, so you'd probably not want to convert it right away.

They're optional though! I don't mind doing those long side-quests once, but after that forget it.

Totally.

If you need KOTR to beat Final Fantasy VII, you just suck at RPGs.

I think Anya's beaten the game with not a single party member over level 40, without Knights.