TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

Final Fantasy VI Advance?

33 members have voted

1. 1. Will you bite on this FFVI translation?

• No, I have FF3 on SNES. Old school!
    • I have unbelievable patience and will suffer through the PS1 port, kthnx.
    • Sold!
    • I'm a newb who requires spikey-haired emos of undeterminable gender in my RPGs
    • Square owns my ass and I'm going to buy this even though I already have 1 or 2 other versions.
    • I'm filthy pirate scum and will just d/l it. LOL newbs buying games!

Square's now on its last FF to hock on a portable for more money. Hopefully come to their senses and make an enhanced port of Chrono Trigger on DS. Because this crap resolution, crap sound is okay for NES ports and previously Japan-only releases, but not SNES classics.

It's coming this week. It has a couple new Espers added, a new dungeon, "remixed" (read: lousy) music, and nerfed Vanish and Doom/X-Zone.

So, is it worth it? I'm kind of on the fence...especially since Square has yet to announce Virtual Console plans.

I won't be buying it right away, but since I have neverplayed the game, I'll get it eventually.

Gee, I wonder which response you picked...

You eyepatch-wearing, peg-legged parrot fetishist.

Guest Princess Leena

Same. Probably pirate it, since I have no use for a handheld. But, RPGs are tough to fit in nowadays.

I won't be buying it right away, but since I have neverplayed the game, I'll get it eventually.

Gee, I wonder which response you picked...

You eyepatch-wearing, peg-legged parrot fetishist.

Actually, I picked "Sold". I don't own a single ROM or emulator, although I have in the past.

No vanish/doom?! Haha when I played that game in middle school that was the only way I could beat some of the bosses. I was trash. :(

Should have been on DS...

I tried playing this on Snes9x a year or so ago. It was awesome until I got stuck on the fucking cave with the karate dudes.

In other words, Sold!

SNES is not really needed.

The GBA was like a little SNES.

Whats wrong Jer, worried about that boss from

Cyan's dream

and

Strago's Cave

?

I don't know why anyone would need Vanish/Doom. The games not that tough, really. Hopefully they'll also fix Relm so I can maybe try using her without the game crashing sometime.

Cyan's dream boss is probably the most frustrating boss in the game, (and the guy who last-casts ULtima) and he ain't so bad. YOu'll probably be able to X-Zone his little sidekicks and end the fight anyway.

the sketch bug was fixed a long time ago in later versions of the SNES FF3 carts.

I've never heard of it appearing on the PS1 version (not that it could damage the disc anyway).

The bug is so well-known that I'd say there's no damn chance of it being a problem. They can't possibly overlook it.

Besides--sketch/control kind of sucks, save for using Control to get Lores. Relm's a million times better being used as a powerful magic caster.

And the Fanatic's Tower with MagiMaster at the top? Duh. Life3 FTW.

However, fighting Intangirs and Wrexsoul is going to suck serious ass without that trick.

The actual dialogue/text better be basically the same as the Ted Woolsey original. If it gets major re-writes, Squenix is a bunch of filthy sons-of-licentious-howlers.

Yeah, I think one of the major reasons I liked the game so much was the stellar translation. It's not perfect, but it beats the holy hell out of most RPG translations, especialls under the stern gaze of Nintendo.

Well, duh Life3. Tell that to the first time I got fucking annihilated. I had no idea what life3 was. *tweet tweet tweet* WHAT DID I JUST DO!? Wrexsoul is a punk bitch once you figure him out. I beat him my first time. That ultima guy, I built my characters up to ungodly stats and pumped my Magic D.

the sketch bug was fixed a long time ago in later versions of the SNES FF3 carts.

I've never heard of it appearing on the PS1 version (not that it could damage the disc anyway).

Happened to me all the time on the PS1. Game would freeze and I'd be forced to reset.

Hm, news to me. However, the community that already imported it a while back should have broken down every bug and glitch by now.

I'm made up my mind--I'll bite, but I'll get it from Wal-Mart. **** Gamestop.

I'm getting it sometime, but I need to finish Final Fantasy V Advance and Final Fantasy III for DS, among other games as well.

Sucks that the Vanish+X-Zone/Doom combo is gone. I racked up mad magic points against Intangirs (World of Balance) and Sandworms in the desert near Miranda (World of Ruin).

I got it on the PS1 which justified (in my head) to play a rom snes version (seeing as it was easier to use my laptop than wipe dust off my ps2) so I won't be getting this.

Like most Rpg's I got relatively far over periods of exams or essays when I should be studying (I once played it for 12 hours straight...I'm a terrible procrastinator) and once that period was over I never went back to it.

The only thing I didn't like about Final Fantasy VI for the Playstation is that it was the exact same thing as the SNES version. No re-translation or anything on there, compared to Final Fantasy IV on the Final Fantasy Chronicles compilation.

i.e. "I have to play through these crappy FF games with no storyline connection at all to FFVI before I can get VI."?

Does not compute.

I don't have to. I'm just a completist. I liek going in order, whether it be movies, games, or whatever.

Final Fantasy I was pretty brilliant for its time.

Final Fantasy II is just broken. THe games impossible if you don't take advantage of the glitches. If you do, it's easy, but tedious as hell. It could have the best story ever (doubt it) but I'd never know.

I may be in the minority, but I liked the translations Ted Woolsey did for FFVI and Chrono Trigger. Sure it's weird seeing people getting drunk off of lemonade and poi, but hey, that was Nintendo.

No, I give Ted his props, and I'm rather disappointed that it seems minor changes were made to this version (son of a submariner and the Shadow rumor that I posted a screenshot of up above are casualties). Welp.

Plus, whoever took over for him (FFVII) sucked major deku nuts.