Sign in to follow this  
AboveAverage484

The Replacements

Replacements  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Tim
    • Let It Be

I prefer Tim, but then again I've always been a sucker for more pop oriented material from indie rock bands; I also prefer New Day Rising to Zen Arcade.

At any rate... what do you think?

Guest Oedipus Rex
Let It Be has a bunch of good stuff; I only really embraced "Here Comes A Regular" on Tim. Pleased To Meet Me smokes both, but you knew that already, because you didn't offer it as an option.

Let It Be has a bunch of good stuff; I only really embraced "Here Comes A Regular" on Tim. Pleased To Meet Me smokes both, but you knew that already, because you didn't offer it as an option.

Really, I always thought it was the "bastard son" of the Replacements albums; it has it's moments but it doesn't come close to the above two. Obviously, you disagree, ha

Guest Oedipus Rex

Then I'm a bastard 'Mats fan, because I love the first three songs, "The Ledge," and "Skyway."

Let It Be for me, but to add YET MORE dimensions to the thread I'm going to say that I prefer Sorry Ma, Forgot To Take Out the Trash to Tim and Pleased to Meet Me. I adore all of them, however.

Tim is one of my favorite albums ever. I like the other big two a lot too but listen to Tim the most. Their best blend of anthemic stuff, jangly fun stuff, and face-crushingly depressing stuff.

Definately Tim. As Edwin said, it has all of the things that made the 'Mats great.

"Tim" and "Pleased to Meet Me" are tied in my book. I would say Let It Be is a distant third...it's got some good rocking songs, but it's just a little too unpolished for my tastes. Kind of feels like they're getting their goofiness out of their systems before moving on to more mature material, IMO.

Kind of feels like they're getting their goofiness out of their systems before moving on to more mature material, IMO.

"Lay it Down Clown" and "Shooting Dirty Pool" are as every bit juvenile as the moments of lower humor on Let it Be. Maybe there aren't as many dick jokes.