TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jaxxson Mayhem

OAO Raw Thread For 2/19

One night after No Way Out, wild twists and turns abound on the Road to WrestleMania as Raw returns to Bakersfield, Calif., and its regular Monday night time slot.

Will HBK still have Cena's back when the Champ battles Orton?

John Cena and Shawn Michaels were true to their word at No Way Out—Cena battled alongside HBK as hard as he will against him when they meet at WrestleMania 23, while The Showstopper had the WWE Champ’s back during their unbelievable victory against World Champion Batista and Undertaker Sunday night. So what’s next for the World Tag Team Champions? Will they remain allies going into Bakersfield tonight, or will their mutual respect for one another begin to crumble under the weight of championship gold? We won't have to wait long to find out, as Cena will be in action tonight when he takes on Randy Orton.

“Bank” qualifiers apply

With WrestleMania 23 looming, it’s time to get a championship contract in place—specifically, inside a briefcase latched over the ring within Detroit’s Ford Field. The first round of “Money in the Bank” Qualifying Matches begins in Bakersfield tonight, with Edge squaring off against ECW’s Rob Van Dam. Since the Rated-R Superstar and the ECW Original were the respective “Bank” winners of the past two WrestleManias, this encounter ensures that one will not earn a bid into the match at the granddaddy of them all. Who will be the first to cash out?

Girls’ Fight Out

As announced last week, Melina meets Mickie James for the Women’s Championship tonight on Raw. The primal-screaming Diva’s first attempt two weeks ago proved unsuccessful, but she may have earned an A-list advantage after scoring a pinfall over the Women’s Champion in last week’s Mixed Tag Team Match. Will Melina’s success carry over from the red carpet to the ring, or can Mickie keep the gold around her waist?

Be sure to watch Raw live this Monday night when it seriously turns up the California heat at 9/8 CT on USA Network.

Advertisement

That Edge/RVD match is curious. Is this just more RVD jobbing or maybe Orton screwing up a run in to cost Edge the match? Cause to me Van Dam being in the MITB is more critical than Edge. Edge doesn't make much sense being in a MITB match at this point.

Edge and Orton being in MITB together would enable them to interract in a way to tease their eventual split, and would put them in an important match, but without the need to beat either of them or have one of them beat the other.

Edge and Orton being in MITB together would enable them to interract in a way to tease their eventual split, and would put them in an important match, but without the need to beat either of them or have one of them beat the other.

Would they have Edge win the MITB again? Or would they end his Wrestlemania streak, thus losing the possibility of Edge vs Taker, streak vs streak at WM 24?

RVD wins, as WWE Presents ECW doesn't have ****ANY**** over enough talents besides RVD and Punk to be in MITB (each brand gets 2 I assume), Edge deserves better, and RVD thrives in spot-fest garbage matches. Plus, Edge is facing Orton at WMania based on their current subtle feud (last Smackdown!, look at the disgusted look Edge gave Orton during their entrance when Orton did the "arms up" pose in the aiselway.) Orton costs Edge the match tonight by mistake.

Would they have Edge win the MITB again? Or would they end his Wrestlemania streak, thus losing the possibility of Edge vs Taker, streak vs streak at WM 24?

They would have to have Edge win again, but they can save his title shot for when they're ready to pull the trigger on the split and have Orton cause Edge to loss the title match.

Why would you consider yourself "above" a match for a guaranteed title match whenever you want?

He's not in the title match itself, so that's the next best option.

Money in the Bank is for guys in the mid to low card trying to move up while Edge is already a proven Main Eventer who should be in the showcase match on the biggest PPV of the year not the opening gimmick match of the night.

But in Kayfabe-wise, why bother having an "important, personal" match when you have an opportunity to win a shot at the title on your terms?

Save the personal match for another time.

(all that being said, however, I don't think Edge wins tonight anyways)

But in Kayfabe-wise, why bother having an "important, personal" match when you have an opportunity to win a shot at the title on your terms?
Why be one of 6 people running around doing ladder spots with the potential of getting hurt again when you can be in a one-on-one match were all of the attention is focused on you on the biggest PPV of the year?

Orton, HBK, Sabu, Dreamer, Balls Mahoney run in at the 2:30 minute mark.

Why be one of 6 people running around doing ladder spots with the potential of getting hurt again when you can be in a one-on-one match were all of the attention is focused on you on the biggest PPV of the year?

And you get nothing but a feeling of pride for winning.

If you have a match where you can actually win something, or a match where you can just........win, wouldn't you take the one where you could actually get something for winning?

I'll be more worried about eating a ladder shot to the face getting a broken freakin' nose or breaking my wrist taking a huge bump besides Edge vs Cena or Edge vs Batista or Edge vs Monty Brown means nothing to me. Spinner belt is a joke and no need for Edge to be wearing the WCW big gold belt either but if it was Edge vs HBK at Summerslam then I might get excited but other than that the whole WWE title scene is unappealing.

Has Rob signed a new contract? If he hasn't, he's not going to Wrestlemania.

Rob's contract expires in July meaning that he can still compete at this year's Wrestlemania

I think they'd almost have to put RVD on the WM card somewhere, even as nothing but big name filler. He's also hit hard times since last July so him wanting another crack at the MITB makes sense, given that he's essentially frozen out of all the title scenes. But Edge? He seems more cemented in the upper tier at this point, as in he could just say "Hey, I'd like another title shot" and get one.

No way will they actually job out Edge to RVD tonight, but I can see Orton screwing up and getting Edge DQed.

This could be an interesting Raw, as I wonder if they'll even mention the fact that there's rumored to be another Saturday Night's Main Event soon.

Off topic, now that No Way Out has come and gone, could someone unlock the WrestleMania thread that I made a few weeks ago?

Off topic, now that No Way Out has come and gone, could someone unlock the WrestleMania thread that I made a few weeks ago?

No.

The Wrestlemania thread can be opened shortly before Wrestlemania, not almost six weeks out.

No.

The Wrestlemania thread can be opened shortly before Wrestlemania, not almost six weeks out.

All right, even though it was for discussion as well, ala the ECW December to Dismember thread.

But I won't fight it.

Russo books TNA, not RAW. 5 guys dont run in on RAW matches, not since 99.

Russo books TNA, not RAW. 5 guys dont run in on RAW matches, not since 99.

I was under the impression that Dusty Rhodes was booking all cable tv wrestling shows.

but other than that the whole WWE title scene is unappealing.

SPOILER:

Cena OVERCOMES THE ODDS BUHGAWD~! then does that gay Marine salute.

Can't wait to see the Condemmed movie trailer and preview during every commercial break...too bad they couldn't throw Cena on an island and have tired old gimmicks fight him for realz I bet Nailz, Nathan Jones, One Man Gang, Kamala could kill him in a grotesque fashion!