TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Thread

CBC has to be praying for the 4 and 5 slots to stay the way they are, especially if Toronto and/or Montreal miss out. Crosby's first playoff series against a Canadian team is going to be big ratings.

Hey, if Pittsburgh plays the way the are, they can take first in the conference, which I don't think will happen, but it can.

Guest Queen Leelee

PIT is 7 points behind BUF, with 9 games to go.

Even if PIT wins out, they're unlikely to pass them.

Fedoruk is teh finished.

He never recovered from the Boogard fight. All of his other fights so far have either been him turtling (turtleing? turtleng?) or just grabbing and hugging until the refs broke him up. That was the first clean shot he has taken and that's that. The Flyers desperately need to pick up a legit heavyweight for next season with Orr, Jannsen and Laroque in the division. Eager is a good shit disturber, LHW fighter, but they need a heavy.

Seeing what happened to him tonight makes me glad we have Ivanans signed for next year. Ain't nobody gonna knock that hard-headed asshole out. Boogaard hurt his hand fighting him.

Wait until he pulls his shit around contract time and you'll feel way differently.

If he wasn't such a dickhole off the ice, he'd still be here.

I got extra tickets for the Kings game this Wednesday, if anyone wants to go.

Highlights of the game:

They gave away Robitaille mini-jerseys

Guy a few rows behind me heckling the Kings

Woman neaby wearing a flimsy blouse with no bra and huge boobs that stood up and cheered every time Dallas scored, which thankfully happened four times

Well, this night went about as bad as possible. Penguins lose their 2nd in a row to a team fighting for one of the last spots, Carolina beats Washington, Tampa wins, and the Bruins imploded in the 3rd against Montreal.

So we're watching Habs v. Bruins last night, right?

3-1 going into the second period, right?

I think "well, certainly we can watch a quick Mythbusters off the DVR and tune in for the last 10-15 minutes or so," right?

So we tune back in about 45 minutes later, right?

6-3 Habs.

I'm done for the season. I'll watch the playoffs when they start. Until then, go Red Sox.

The Leafs are terrible. They played well earlier in the season while Raycroft was giving away games left and right, and now when he starts to play a bit better, they play like shit. Fuck em, all they're good for is subsidizing the poor, lame-duck teams that seem to win all the time.

Their penalty killing is just awful. The first 3 Sabres goals were basically all on the Power Play. I remember the poll on TSN asking what the key to the Leafs making the playoffs would be and the choices being the Power Play, the Antropov/Sundin/Poni line, or Raycroft, I don't know how they could have ignored the PK, it's been bad for months now.

The Peca injury might end up being the difference in their season.

Heh, and that bad PK has been a thorn in their sides for years, especially since they typically have very little discipline. What they really needed this year was better goaltending. If they had gotten decent goaltending, they're easily in the playoffs right now. Wouldn't be cup contenders, but the playoffs are at least something.

I like sucking all year, rather than getting disappointed as hell like last year when the team fell apart at the end of the year. It's a hell of a lot easier when you get your balls kicked in during the first month, instead of having them kicked in way after the deadline, when the team's given up assets in a last ditch effort to make the playoffs.

Oh, for fuck's sake. I turned off the game at 4-1 thinking the Leafs had it in the bag. I should've known better.

At least I get to buy playoff tickets this morning.

Buddy of mine came over on the grounds that he watched the entire Sabres game before we hit the bar. He said "Fuck it, it's 4-1, let's go". It was 5-4 when we got to the bar, and our cab driver was bragging the whole time about how quickly he could get us there.

Snoozing on the couch, enjoying a high from my painkillers, Max was watching the Bruins as they counted down the seconds to a 1-0 lead on the Rags. With 2:30 left in the game, he gets up to get a drink. Coming back, it's 1-1 with 1:50 remaining. "How could this have happened?" Max asks himself. He watches the replay of the 7.5 million dollar man making arguably the stupidest pass ever right onto the stick of Tomas Pock, who beats AHL goaltender Joey MacDonald stick-side. Angry, Max sits through overtime, watching Mark Mowers and Shean Donovan get ice time over rookies and ultimately watches the team lose in a shootout. An upset Max curses god and is punished by stubbing his toe so badly that it turns a deep shade of blue and rips the nail off.

god hates the Bruins. and Max.