TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

Andy Barker P.I. (Andy Richter & Tony "BUSTER" Hale)

Yep, the new NBC show to be a part of the Thursday night lineup, Andy Barker P.I. with Andy Richter & Tony "BUSTER" Hale, Conan O'Brien has a hand in the creation and/or writing. I have no clue why they have the first six episodes online, but there they are:

http://www.nbc.com/Video/rewind/full_episo...ndybarker.shtml

I haven't checked it out yet, but there you go.

I'm really looking forward to this, but I think I'll wait until it's on TV. I don't think Canadians can watch stuff through NBC.com, anyway.

What show is this taking off of Thursdays? I assume it's 30 Rock, but is it just temporary?

I'm going to have to watch Chinatown now.

There were a few funny moments in this and I like most of the cast, so it's enough to keep me watching, anyway.

It's a decently funny show, from the two eps I watched on NBC. I really like the characters, though. Some of that may be coming from my love of Andy Richter and Tony Hale, but I'll take what I can get! NBC is pretty much ruling it on the comedy front nowadays.

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- The good news: NBC plans to broadcast "The Lady Varnishes" - the previously announced "online only" episode of "Andy Barker, P.I." (read the story).

The bad news: both it and "The Big No Sleep" - the last installment of its six-episode order - will run on Saturday, April 14 starting at 8:00/7:00c.

The news, confirmed via scheduling updates this morning, does not bode well for the show's chances for a second season.

In its place on Thursdays, NBC will bump up the 9:30/8:30c time slot premiere of "Scrubs" by one week.

"Barker" posted a series low 1.8 adults 18-49 rating (according to preliminary Nielsen data) for its special 10:00/9:00c airing last week, making the decision not much a surprise.

Andy Richter can't catch a break

Oh well:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111796270...yid=14&cs=1

NBC is giving up on "Andy Barker, P.I."

After a lightly promoted four-seg run, the Peacock has pulled Conan O'Brien's critically adored midseason laffer from its Thursday perch, effective immediately. It will be replaced by "Scrubs," which had been set to inherit the 9:30 p.m. timeslot April 19.

NBC has been streaming and selling all six produced episodes of "Andy" for several weeks now. This week it will also air the skein's final two segs in network TV's death slot, Saturday from 8 to 9.

O'Brien, Jonathan Groff, Jeff Ross and David Kissinger exec produced "Andy," which starred Andy Richter as a CPA-turned-private eye.

So NBC debuts a good new show...jerks it around on the schedule big time, and cancels it before really giving it a shot.

Who do they think they are, Fox?

Guest Eagle Man

Haha. Oh, network television. Oh well, it was amusing enough, but not appointment television like Office and Scrubs, or even the next notch down like Earl and 30 Rock. It was just pretty good. Maybe five anti-sitcoms in one night is too many.

Eh- the show was O.K. Decent but not good enough to get up in arms about it's cancellation.

The thing that pisses me off is this probably eliminates any chance of "Andy Richter Controls The Universe" (His first sitcom after leaving Conan and the only really good one) coming out on DVD.

Well NBC showed the first 6 episodes online. SOOO maybe people watched them all online and didn't bother to tune in on TV.

Fuckin idiots. No more Buster :(