TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

oAo WWE Raw 3/19/2007 (13 days until WM23)

If I were booking, I wouldn't have rehashed the PPV main event for next week. I would have done Cena vs. Batista and HBK vs. UT on Raw and Cena vs. UT and HBK vs. Batista on Smackdown.

Doing Cena vs. Batista is either A) a way to bury Batista or B) the Foregone Conclusion of Total Interference. HBK vs. UT would be pretty much the same, including somehow burying Batista.

Cena vs. UT would be fun though, but again, it'd have to be a screwy sportz entertainment finish at this point.

Maybe a big 12 man tag with like

Cena/Batista/Benoit/Edge/Orton/Finlay

Vs

HBK/Undertaker/Hardyz/MVP/Kennedy

Which merges the two main events, most of the MITB guys and the US title match in a big match. Would have saved time in build and teased matchups.

(Punk and Booker can wrestle each other in a singles match on ECW)

"(Punk and Booker can wrestle each other in a singles match on ECW)"

I like that match, given Booker's recent knee strikes of awesomeness, and Punk's equally strike-heavy offense. But put it on Smackdown!, so JBL can once again give Punk a:

"Welcome to Friday Night! Now go home!"

I hated that ending to The Battle Royal. I don't think I would've minded it that much if they didn't do a similar finish with the exact same guy last December. Blah. That being said, Raw was another decent show. I just hope they can continue this streak long after W.M. has ended.

I wish they would of explained why Vince "dropped" Edge from the MITB match in the first place.

They did. Orton explained that Vince was unhappy at Edge getting himself kicked out of ringside on purpose and thus, not taking out Lashley on ECW last week. So Vince revoked Edge's MitB spot and put it up for grabs in a battle royal.

Yeah it's just a quid pro quo type deal with Edge and Orton both screwing the other out of the MITB match. I would expect this to continue at WM in the match itself and thus neither guy will win since they will cost each other the match.

Yeah it's just a quid pro quo type deal with Edge and Orton both screwing the other out of the MITB match. I would expect this to continue at WM in the match itself and thus neither guy will win since they will cost each other the match.

I still expect them to grab the briefcase at once and jostle over it only to drop into the waiting hands of someone below. Possibly Punk since the others aren't going anywhere with a MITB and Punk has options with it.

Ok show, hey they finally had the opening raw video on for the first time in weeks. so anyone care to explain how Eugene's heel turn dissapeared in 2 weeks? and no comment from vnce on the green paint he threw on eug last July still being on his clothes? Nice haircut job by vince though, despite the fact I was kinda worried he was going all Jim Mitchell on poor Dinsmore at first. Well done and makes Vince an even bigger a hole (though kinda wrong too as they abusing someone who is supposed to be developmentally disabled, then again HHH did it first)

The RKO breakup tease is great fun and being done very well I might add, could they actually be able to turn Orton face the right way this time?

Lashley breaking the Masterlock kinda defeats the purpose. It would have been better to use that to build up a newcomer. Masters, you moment in the sun is over.

Odd how they arent promoting the wwe title match as having the tag champs facing each other, they made a bigger deal of that at KOTR 97 (Austin vs HBK) and WM 21 (Rey vs Eddy), and with the main event next week it looks like they arent jobbing the titles pre wm much to my surprise. but they are treating the belts as though they are worth nothing (well actually they arent given the poor raw tag division)

and just when does Cryme Tyme get their tag title shot? theyve won like 2 or 3 #1 contender's matches in the past 6 months.

damn bait and switch with HBK/JBL I thought at least Shawn would face someone else, there goes 5 mill on my fantasy team for a total of like 7 points.

though Im sure the IWC is beyond pissed off that Benoit tapped out to Cenas crappy STF. too bad the match had to be short, cuz they had some better matches on sd in the past and actually had a history together that WWE decided to ignore.

And where did Howard Finkel go? Lillian gets hurt so we get the ECW anouncer again? that makes sense. if Fink gets cut off Mania again this year it'll be a real shame.

Guest reality1480
"like DDP when he was being recruited by the NWO."

Speaking of that, on 24, Jack Bauer's got fully taped ribs! It looks like a tube top there's so much tape.

The greatness of that statement is that I don't remember DDP without the ribs taped and thought I was the only one who noticed.

I still expect them to grab the briefcase at once and jostle over it only to drop into the waiting hands of someone below. Possibly Punk since the others aren't going anywhere with a MITB and Punk has options with it.

If the briefcase does drop and someone catches it, it will be Kennedy not punk who isn't ready yet.

If the briefcase does drop and someone catches it, it will be Kennedy not punk who isn't ready yet.

No. Kennedy already has been established as a secondary main event act. Punk is the only guy who has new upside. Punk is ready. He has a following far greater then Lashley did upon his debut. All it takes it training the fans to buy someone as a main event star and it's set. Punk does have that charisma, that different aura that stands out and natural connection to the fans. Not to mention the promotional goldmine that he can be.

Kennedy doesn't gain from the MitB since he's already been made into 'Taker, Batista and Lashley's bitch. He'd just end up in the same place as Edge. Holding onto the briefcase until the booking plan takes hold. The MitB doesn't change him all that much. With the current steroid story, pushing a guy like Punk can only help.

Did you see punk's match against kennedy a few weeks back? I don't like kennedy but he is much more established and has more potential to become a world champion. Punk's day will come one day but definitely not this soon!

Did you see punk's match against kennedy a few weeks back? I don't like kennedy but he is much more established and has more potential to become a world champion. Punk's day will come one day but definitely not this soon!

I agree. Punk going over Kennedy, Edge, Orton, Booker, or hell, even Jeff is a bad idea right now, nevermind going over all 5 in one match. As much as everyone here likes him (including myself), he is NOT ready or the right guy to win this match.

I'd love to see a heel turn with Cryme Time. Let them come out and tell the fans all their skits were just made up, but the fans believed they were really like that because they're racists, etc. Gangstas 2007, sure, but random violence might get the fans interested at least. Build them up and eventually turn them faces again but keeping the thug attitudes.

Guest Tajiri
I'd love to see a heel turn with Cryme Time. Let them come out and tell the fans all their skits were just made up, but the fans believed they were really like that because they're racists, etc. Gangstas 2007, sure, but random violence might get the fans interested at least. Build them up and eventually turn them faces again but keeping the thug attitudes.

Might as well just give them Julius Smokes as the manager then.