TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

NCAA Basketball Tournament Sweet 16/Elite 8 Thread

Oh fuck you A & M. You just HAD to beat U of L and then go out and job in the same exact fashion tonight to Memphis. U of L would at least have had the common decency to end the farce that is Memphis.

Can we please get some sort of WTF caliber upset? I'm practically begging here. And no, UNLV beating Oregon isn't exactly a shocker. I wanna see Butler over Florida or something.

Don't start with that Louisville shit again like you did in the football season apologizing for Louisville throwing the rankings in an upheaval for losing.

Well geez, Tennessee's gonna win the whole thing if they keep playing like this. They could be wearing blindfolds out there and still shoot 65%

I said that in hopes that Ohio State would turn it around and save my bracket.

But really, I don't care if they win or lose.

Ohio State is certainly the most exciting team to watch in this tournament so far.

Great play by Oden to win the game. I was really hoping Tennessee would pull it out. Oh well.

Guest Queen Leelee

C'mon Memphis. Please eliminate "The Franchise" Greg Oden & Friends.

Great play by Oden to win the game. I was really hoping Tennessee would pull it out. Oh well.

I called it once Ohio State got the foul call. I told my brother that a dumb Tennessee player would drive to the basket to try to tie or win the game and Oden was going to block the shot

Will someone please just beat these lame fucks? I haven't seen a bullshit lucky run like this since the Fab 5. It's like watching some sort of rare torture combining the Michigan 1993 Fab 5 and OSU's 2002 football team.

Let's see:

Kansas vs. UCLA. Had that in my bracket. I think everyone had that though. I'm sticking with UCLA, since Kansas showed that they could be rattled a bit by a slower tempo tonight, and UCLA is a lot better than SIU.

Ohio St. vs. Memphis. Has there ever been a bigger joke of a 1 vs. 2 in a regional final? I can't believe that both of these teams actually have gotten this far.

As far as tomorrow goes, I hope UNC and G'Town simply win at this point. At least that sets up an actually interesting regional final. We need one region that's total chaos though...it's just not the tourney without it. I nominate the midwest.

Free throws do Tennessee in again against Ohio State.

And Ramar Smith is an IDIOT.

The negative of playing Tennessee's style is that you can blow a huge lead just as easily as you can build one, especially when you're still jacking up threes while leading by twenty.

I really don't feel that bad however, as I kinda feel Tennessee is still the superior team, they just ran into the luckiest team in the tourney.

With everybody back, sans Bradshaw, and a great recruting class potentially better than this year's freshmen, Tennessee should definitely be the SEC favorites next year and will hopefully make it back here next year with a little more experience and maturity, and certainly size. God knows they have the talent.

I Hate how those Memphis and Ohio State games ended, calling fouls with under 10 seconds left to me is just bad. I'd rather them just swallow the whistles and see if the guy can make a shot instead of just putting people on the line.

I'm about as far from an Ohio State apologist as possible, but even I can see that they're far from a lucky team. Sure teams shouldn't blow 20-pt. leads, but how about giving credit to OSU? Once again, they're not just the Oden/Conley show like everyone here says. And I actually have to give Matta some credit for his substitutions late in the game.

People love to say that Tennessee was the superior team. I just don't see how they were better coming into the game than a team that has only 3 losses to Wisconsin, North Carolina, and Florida, all on the road. You guys are basically insinuating that Tennessee was a top-5 team. There's a reason why they were only a 5 seed.

There is a reason they were only a 5 seed

Should've been higher considering they were #8 in RPI and #5 in SOS, but that's another debate.

And OSU is not the Conley/Oden show, they are the Ron fucking Lewis show.

Yeah, I'd call a team who overcame a 17-point lead at halftime...a joke.

They have starting freshman at the two most important positions in the game. And Greg Oden didn't even play the equivalent of a half tonight.

Ohio St. vs. Memphis. Has there ever been a bigger joke of a 1 vs. 2 in a regional final? I can't believe that both of these teams actually have gotten this far.

Yea, both teams suck

Guest Queen Leelee

I'm torn.

I want OSU to go away, but I want Roy Hibbert to squash Oden and finally send him to his millions in NBA-land.

I really don't feel that bad however, as I kinda feel Tennessee is still the superior team, they just ran into the luckiest team in the tourney.

Hard to say that when that team lost to Ohio State twice this year, once when Oden had a hand injury and then in the tourney.

^By a total of three points, once in Columbus and once neutral site. OSU got some serious bounces go their way late in both games. But I didn't say I was conviced UT was the better team, I said I gathered as much considering Tennessee outplayed OSU the majority of both games only to seemingly choke and/or fall victim to some bad luck late in both.

But obviously I'm not an objective observer, although I will say I don't think OSU will win it all.

I would rather them win it all than Florida AGAIN. Football and two basketball titles in a year and a half? They're already insufferable enough.

Guest Queen Leelee

Hoyas sucking.

C'mon. Penetrate to the hoop. Knock those 3 shooting wussies on their ass.