TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

NCAA Basketball Tournament Sweet 16/Elite 8 Thread

CONTROVERSY~!

Oh well, I hadn't noticed he traveled. All I could think of while it was happening was what a terrible decision he was making trying to force the shot and he still makes it.

Ah, man. He traveled.

When CBS showed it in slow-mo it was so obvious.

Oh well. Fuck it.

Tarheel time. GOOOOOO HEEEELS!

Guest Queen Leelee

The Hoyas got their bullshit win out of the way... now, they'll dominate!

Hibbert, stop fouling out. Asshole.

Guest Queen Leelee

Yeah, UNC will come back and win. Whatever.

Perfect Elite 8 bracket for me! Too bad I sucked horribly the 1st two days.

Guest Queen Leelee

At least USC has the courtesy to completely suck and blow any chance of winning instead of losing at the end. Geez.

Speaking of collapses, Oregon now only up four with 50 seconds to go when it seemed over just a few minutes ago.

Billy Packer, why won't you just die?

You'd think Roy Williams was his gay lover the way he acts about this team.

You mean Billy Packer couldn't be hit by a car instead of the UNC mascot?

Oregon survives, barely. At least they won to make the Pac-10 the only conference with two teams into the Elite Eight. DOIN' IT FOR THE CONFERENCE!

Wow. This is just savage. Roy Williams: he crushes your dreams.

Oh, the irony

It might have been said before, but I have a sinking feeling this is leading to a UNC-KU final, which would cause utter mayhem around here

:)

I was getting text messages from a whole lot of people at the beginning of the second half ripping on me. They all stopped.

The Tarheels can just turn it on. They can hit this level where I really think it's tough for other teams to keep up. They have the speed and the size and the depth. I can't wait for this GT game on Sunday.

Four 1's, three 2's, and a 3. What is this, the women's tournament?

Alot of these higher seeds have gotten the benefit of calls, this is the yaer the NCAA tells everyone to fuck off for questioning their seeding.

Ah well, in my predictions earlier I did have UNC winning by 10, almost the same exact score too (I had 75-65). That was a fascinating game though.

If there's one thing we do know, 1 or more #1 seeds have to go down this weekend. I can't really see Florida losing to Oregon, though I guess it is possible. OSU vs. Memphis....don't care, I think I'll hide in a corner making the sign of the cross during this game. UNC vs. G'Town: I am torn on this. I have G'Town in my FF, so I might as well say they will win this. But UNC strikes me as the better team, so who knows. I wonder if the Hoyas can score enough points to keep up with UNC. Kansas vs. UCLA: Remember one of the rules of the tourney (Kansas will always choke). This seems as good a time as any for them to pull the usual el foldo.

Now that we've gotten this far, I want all the 1 seeds to win. That way, the story for next year's tournament will be "the best-ranked seeds will cruise again!", and I'll be able to get back to picking upsets that people in my brackets miss.

The fact that USC came from lame ass Henry Bibby, the bullshit with fat faggot ass Rick Majerus, one of the Stewart's transferring and then having, basically, no players on the team; Gabe Pruitt's academic problems, Ryan Francis getting fucking coldblooded murdered (I'm talking about shot and killed, with no reason) and these kids having to battle through losing their best friend, moving from the Sports Center and getting to the SWEET SIXTEEN; now from all that to this? I could not ask for more.

We will be back, better, stronger, faster and deeper. I do not give a fuck about what anyone else thinks, we lost because the program got left in shambles 2 years ago, with no depth. If you don't know about the shape the program was in, it can't be explained to you. Oh well. We have unfinished business with the football program, and a title to go win. Even though we have enough.

I thought I'd be way angrier, but I'm not. Thinking about the Ryan Francis shooting made it go away.

Tim Floyd's appearance on PTI couldn't have helped your confidence in the team.

He came off pretty bad. In my eyes at least.

Most of the segment was about OJ Mayo.

Eh, I don't care about that stuff. I saw it and was glad that he didn't talk the team up. It's better to deflect attention of your team if at all possible, and deflect it onto yourself or a 3rd party. In this case, the 3rd party was Mayo.

I thought we would win, but honestly, while Henry Bibby was coaching, I didn't think this team would ever sniff the NCAA tournament. Hell, without that new arena, Pruitt (in the case of Pruitt, because of his academics maybe just flat out quit) and Young transfer, and we never get Taj Gibson. I'm just so glad we aren't in that shitty, draw 1,000 to the game LA Sports Center or whatever the fuck it's called that the Clippers used to play in. The loss is secondary.

Oh yeah, UNC's winning it all, and they won't get a tougher game. They're going to rough Georgetown up.