TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

NCAA Basketball Tournament Sweet 16/Elite 8 Thread

I'm getting more and more excited about UNC/GT tomorrow as more and more time passes.

It's 25 years after

, so let's hope that UNC can get something like that again.

After watching all of UNC's games this year, I have to say that there are weaknesses inherent in their game that Georgetown could very well exploit. Hansbrough isn't the greatest defender, so Hibbert might go off. This is coming from a big Tar Heels fan, but I think Georgetown is just too much for them down low, and I think UNC's youth and inexperience will become a factor in this game.

Oh god, that was disgusting. I'm visiting my parents and their giant TV this weekend, and the last thing I needed to see was blood squirting out of that Memphis player's eye in 70-inch HDTV glory.

I'm bringing some equality to the thread with a NCAA Women's tourney update, because there isn't enough interest to warrant a thread of it's own.

#4 Rutgers defeated #1 Duke, 53-52, when Lindsey Harding missed TWO free throws with 0.1 second remaining. It was brutal to watch and one of those, "Are you SERIOUS?" moments. The look on her face was one of complete shock and disbelief. From ACC player of the year to the lady who blew it for the Lady Devils and ended her career missing the two biggest free throws of her life. Welcome to ouchville Lindsey.

#3 Arizona State blew out #7 Bowling Green 67-49. The game wasn't even competitive.

They will soon play each other to go to the Last Four. Screw calling it the Final Four, that's a men's thing.

Games still to come

FRESNO:

#10 Florida St (go girls) vs #3 LSU

#1 UCONN vs #4 NCST

DALLAS:

#1 NC vs #5 George Washington

#3 Georgia vs #2 Purdue

DAYTON:

#1 Tennessee vs #13 Marist (Cinderella alive and well)

#3 Oklahoma vs #7 Mississippi

#4 Rutgers defeated #1 Duke, 53-52, when Lindsey Harding missed TWO free throws with 0.1 second remaining. It was brutal to watch and one of those, "Are you SERIOUS?" moments. The look on her face was one of complete shock and disbelief. From ACC player of the year to the lady who blew it for the Lady Devils and ended her career missing the two biggest free throws of her life. Welcome to ouchville Lindsey.

Reminds me of a game the Duke men lost in similar fashion, five years ago.

Yeah, and thus far I do have 3 of my 4 FF teams alive. Pending tomorrow of course (I have FL, UCLA, and G'Town). And not to anyone's surprise Kansas totally gagged tonight as they usually do.

I don't care either way who wins with UNC/G'Town but I'm hoping for UNC since I think it makes for a better matchup against OSU. First game was without Oden. I'm hoping Florida wins since I don't have any desire to see the 3rd game of Oregon vs. UCLA. That isn't a knock on Oregon...I actually like them pretty well from what I've seen. It's just a stale matchup.

I'll have my second big pool locked up if GT wins here. The only other person to match me had UNC winning. We shared the same F4 aside from that and our tie-breaker was even as well. I bombed my mega pool with only Florida making the final four for me in that one (should UNC win here).

Disappointing but I'm getting money no matter who wins this game, just a difference of $100.

Guest Queen Leelee

Even if GT wins, I'm disappointed. UNC has overpowered them, and outhustled them. Unacceptable. Relying on 3's to win is pussy ball.

Georgetown's had 7 free throws. UNC's gotten to the line thirty times. Diyyamn.

So the key to beating UNC was to foul the holy hell out of them

Fun fact: Florida-UCLA next week will be the first tournament rematch of the previous year's finalists since UNLV-Duke in '91

Guest Sabu

So my 2 favorite teams lost today. Depressing. However, I got all final 4 teams correct, so that's good. I still can't believe UNC collapsed like that. Jesus christ.

Georgetown's had 7 free throws. UNC's gotten to the line thirty times. Diyyamn.

So the key to beating UNC was to foul the holy hell out of them

No, the key was hustle and tough D.....alot of those foul calls were bullshit

fuck the haters.....G'Town in the Final 4 baby. I called it months ago.

I started feeling really confidant about the Hoyas when they were still down by about ten halfway through the second. Huge comebacks/collapses has been the story of this tournament. That, and the seedings going closer to form throughout than I've ever seen.

Really fun to see Georgetown come back there. They were getting completely jobbed by the refs for the first 35 minutes or so until the refs apparently just gave up and said "well fuck it, if UNC's not going to make a shot, I guess they'll just lose then." Especially satisfying to watch the big guys just destroy the Tar Heels in the OT.

Also, amazingly, my bracket's actually looking pretty decent now after getting massacred early. I'm not going to win any pools, but I'll have a respectable finish with 3 Final Four teams and keep my Yahoo ranking in good shape. Oh, and 22-13 on sports bets is pretty nice too.

Guest Queen Leelee

Yeah. Ewing Sr.'s let himself go. Why not, though.

I won't bitch about the calls. UNC definitely got their fair share of them in the 1st half, but GT got some as well.

I really like GT to win it all, now. But, I'm biased.

Well, like several on here I had 3/4 of the FF correct but I did the goofy homer pick for my guys in the south region. Doesn't really matter though since I had OSU losing to Tenn. either way.

This is a pretty interesting Final 4. I think Florida should probably repeat though, since they are the defending champions and all. G'Town may get to the final, but how often is it a team wins it all when they only avg. 68 points for the season? UCLA has a similar problem, though I was surprised to see they avg. at least 71. OSU has been lucky as hell, but G'Town has been just as fortunate. I'll stick with Florida vs. Georgetown in the final, with Florida repeating.