TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

Impact Spoilers through LockDown

I know the return last night generated some discussion, but here are the full results from the tapings:

Credit: Richard Trionfo and PWInsider.com

Impact Thursday 3/29:

*When Impact went on the air, Bob Backlund was doing the Harvard Step Test by the announcers.

*Jerry Lynn won a Steel Cage X-Division Xscape Match that was designed to be a Lockdown preview. In order of elimination, the match featured, Alex Shelley, Sonjay Dutt, Shark Boy, Austin Starr. After the match, Daniels hit Lynn with a baseball bat and they brawl.

*NWA champion Christian Cage, Scott Steiner, and AJ Styles come out. Cage announces Steiner is the third member of Cage's Lockdown team, then introduces Abyss as the fourth member. Cage announces Tomko is the fifth and final member of the team. Tomko takes his time coming out. Tomko says that Cage has made a bunch of promises but they all have been lies and he's second fiddle to no one. He claims that he's still owed a title shot and wants it before he'll join the team. Cage tells Tomko that he's selfish and promises Tomko a title match after Lockdown. Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, and Rhino make their way out. Angle says that Tomko still won't get a title match and offers Tomko a spot on Team Angle. He says that would give Tomko a chance to kick Cage's ass. Tomko wonders if he can trust Angle, which brings out Jim Cornette. Cornette said that he's tired of all the nonsense and all of this will be settled in the ring, announcing a member of Team Cage vs. a member of Team Angle with the winner earning Tomko's services at Lockdown. Cornette tells Tomko that if he agrees, Tomko will get his title match. Tomko accepts.

*James Storm defeated Eric Young. Chris Harris and Gail Kim brawl with Storm and Jackie Moore after the bout. Robert Roode and Tracy Brooks come out and tell Young that he's pathetic and a disgrace to the sport and Robert Roode, Inc. Young teases punching Roode, but Petey Williams hits the ring and hits Roode. Williams sets up for the Canadian Destroyer but Roode escapes.

*Kurt Angle defeated Abyss to earn Tomko for his team. Tomko is at ringside. After the match, Tomko goes into the ring with the contract for Team Angle, raises Kurt's hand, then attacks him. He signs the Team Cage contract. Everyone from the respective teams hit the ring, and in the end of the melee Team Angle is left laying in the ring.

Impact 4/5

*Rhino pinned Tomko in a 8 Mile Streetfight. Abyss comes to the ring during the match and accidentally hits Tomko with a steel chair. After the match, Abyss chokeslams Rhino. Angle and Joe hit the ring. Joe is choking out Abyss when the rest of Team Cage hits the ring. Team Angle is left laying in the ring again.

*Voodoo Kin Mafia defeat NWA Tag Team champions LAX, DQ in a non-title match. The LAX Disciples attacks VKM. Christy Hemme tries to confront VKM early, but is carried to the back by Lance Hoyt, who was in their corner. Team 3D hit the ring to make the save, scattering LAX. Brother Ray takes the mic and says that if LAX won't accept their challenge to fight right now, Team 3D will accept the challenge for the Lockdown Electrified Cage match and vows 3D will win the tag titles.

*Austin Starr defeated Senshi in a submission match after Bob Backlund threw in the towel. Backlund was doing the Harvard Step Test. Starr had Senshi in a half crab when the towel was tossed in. Backlund tried to put Starr in the crossface chicken wing, but Starr escaped and left the ring.

*They did a Jim Cornette Town Hall Meeting. He noted it was a mandatory meeting for everyone but Christopher Daniels didn't show up. Cornette announced a number of Lockdown matches. When he gets to the Lethal Lockdown match, he noted that Angle has to announce the final members by next week. He said that next week, one member of each team will face off to determine who has the advantage for entrances during the Lockdown match. Christian Cage's team come to the ring. Cage says he didn't like being part of a mandatory meeting and they won't be held responsible for what happens to Team Angle at Lethal Lockdown. Cornette says that Cage has promised everyone a title match to join his crusade but he doesn't get to choose opponents for title matches, Cornette does. Cornette then announced that the person who gets the pinfall will be the next challenger for Cage's title. The lights go out and when they return, Sting is in the ring. He clears the ring of everyone from Team Cage. Sting announces that he's joined Team Angle.

Impact 4/12

*Team Angle is in the ring. Sting apologizes to Angle for not returning his call during the week and points out that Angle needs one more member. Angle says that he respects Sting but he can't announce who the final member of their team is yet. Joe gets on the mic and says that he doesn't believe Kurt Angle and says they all stepped up and joined the team so Angle needs to do the same and announce the fifth member. Angle tells Joe not to question his integrity and promises he'll announce the fifth member.

*Kevin Nash comes out and introduces "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal. It was really over as he was in full Savage regalia. Lethal pinned X-Division champion Chris Sabin in a non-title match after a top rope elbow.

*Robert Roode & Jackie Moore defeated Petey Williams & Gail Kim after Roode pinned Williams. James Storm came out during the match. Chris Harris comes out and they brawl. Eric Young comes out with a chair and hits the ring. Young teased hitting the heels with the chair but Roode told him to stop or he'd never wrestle again.

*NWA Tag Team champions LAX came out and had Brother Runt tied up with his mouth taped shut. Konnan took the mic and said that they've been looking for "The Dudleys" since they've been ducking LAX. He tells Runt to tell 3D to get in shape for their match at Lockdown. He pulls a tazer and threatens to zap Runt with it. 3D comes out on the ramp and tell Konnan he's gone too far. Konnan shoots Runt with the tazer.

*Samoa Joe defeated AJ Styles to capture the advantage at Lethal Lockdown. A really good 10 minute match. The ref is bumped. Joe choked AJ, but Cage comes out, signaling for the others. They come out but Team Angle prevents them from getting to the ring. Jeff Jarrett comes out from the heel entrance, and nails Styles with a guitar, setting up Joe's pin. After the match, Jarrett and Angle hugged. Jarrett shook Rhino's hand. Joe walked off, but returned and reluctantly shakes his hand. Sting doesn't want to shake Jarrett's hand but eventually does. That's the end of the show.

Xplosion

*TNA X-Division champion Chris Sabin pinned Sonjay Dutt with a rollup.

*Lance Hoyt pinned Alex Shelley.

*Serotonin's Havoc and Martyr defeated the Naturals. Raven came out but he didn't punish them. They all posed.

Lockdown Card:

*Lethal Lockdown Match: Kurt Angle & Samoa Joe & Jeff Jarrett & Sting & Rhino vs. NWA champion Christian Cage & Tomko & AJ Styles & Scott Steiner & Abyss.

*NWA Tag Team champions LAX vs. Team 3D - Electrified Cage.

*TNA X-Division champion Chris Sabin vs. Sonjay Dutt vs. Jay Lethal vs. Alex Shelley vs. Shark Boy.

*Jerry Lynn vs. Christopher Daniels.

*Austin Starr vs. Senshi with Bob Backlund as the special referee.

*Robert Roode vs. Eric Young.

*Chris Harris vs. James Storm - Blindfold Match.

*Gail Kim vs. Jackie Moore.

thoughts?

I think it looks like a good show. I really don't mind JJ coming back as a face. I have always liked him and the fact that he tried somthing new by creating this fed with his father. The only things I don't like are his constant useage of the guitar and the fact that he held the title for too long. I am really excited about Lockdown. Should be a good show.

The only two matches that intrest me for Lockdown is Jerry Lynn vs Christopher Daniels and Shenshi vs Austin Starr...but Bob Backland is the Ref so that sorta has me wondering.

Oh god, is anything more obvious than Jarrett winning that match at Lockdown to get the shot at Christian? Could they possibly book something worse than that result, which is groan inducing and predictable to boot?

I have to wonder, who are they waiting to job Christian out to? Angle lost to him, ditto Joe. I'm assuming Jarrett would job as well, but one never knows. I guess RVD will just have to jump to TNA to take the belt.

Looks like I make my return to watching TNA in 3 weeks.....

They dont sound like bad shows, and im quite looking forward to Lockdown.

But out of all the shows, there were only two things that shocked me:

I read it in another report, but Shelley was the first person to get eliminated in the Xscape match, and was pinned by Shark Boy. Now im a shark boy mark, but do they really need to job Shelley to him?

And,

*Serotonin's Havoc and Martyr defeated the Naturals.

They finally won a match! I know it was on xpolosion, but still!

Saw this photo from the tapings on another board:

139086452-L.jpg

Otherwise, its like a strong build to LockDown. I'm tempted to gripe about Jarrett's babyface return, but I've decided I'm going to give TNA the benefit of the doubt and see how it plays out. I'm not one of those people who thinks he can't get over as a face though. He was pretty over during his first title run, up until they booked heel Raven on a babyface title chase in the interest of "shades of grey~!" As long as he doesn't win the title next month, or even in the KotM, I'll be ok.

I don't see why they'd give away a cage match on free tv during the build to an all-cage PPV for the second year in a row. I really think for LockDown to be as special as they want it to be, they have to almost never break out the cage otherwise. The PPV needs to be where you get your bloody cage match fix, period.

It seems like the Lethal Lockdown build played out well, and so did 3D/LAX. LAX shocking Runt sounds like a really cool angle, if they play it up right (and don't cut to JB and Eric Young immediately afterwards). Tomko turning on Team Angle seems kinda predictable, but I bet they'll play it up as a big shocker.

Anyway I'm looking forward to seeing how these shows come across on TV.

The shows seem to come out better on TV then they do reading the results. I am really interesed to see the reaction that JJ gets. It says that he gets a huge reaction, but I'm still wondering how it comes across.

Another thing that I liked was that Joe and Sting had a hard time shaking JJ's hand. TNA bookers remembered that these guys have a past together. That's something that is missed when someone turns heel or face.

And you dont think he can with that look? C'mon, he'll be over with the crowd in a sec.

Austin Starr wasnt a Macho man impresination gimmick. In fact, as far as i can remember, they only mentioned that he listed Macho Man as one of his favourite wrestlers.

Austin Starr is his own gimmick. I mean he's hailed from TV land for fuck sake.

I have no problem with them trying something to get the X-Division guys over. Most of them have no character and for them to get over with todays fans they need something to stand out.

I'm fine with them trying something. I'm not as fine with them in mocking gimmicks designed to either mock the older guys like Savage or to make the guy something he's not. How people here doesn't see that... I don't know what to tell you.

I have no problem with them trying something to get the X-Division guys over.

I was under the impression that the wrestling match itself was to get the guys over not using crazy stupid cheesy angles that the main eventers had been doing since the beginning of time.

I can understand what your saying, and it is stupid and uneeded. But c'mon, he does look pretty funny.

I'm tempted to gripe about Jarrett's babyface return, but I've decided I'm going to give TNA the benefit of the doubt and see how it plays out. I'm not one of those people who thinks he can't get over as a face though. He was pretty over during his first title run, up until they booked heel Raven on a babyface title chase in the interest of "shades of grey~!"

Thing was......all of those shows were based in Nashville. Much like Lawler in Memphis, Jarrett is hot shit in that area, so of course he'll get over there. It's a different story when you are talking Orlando, at least long term. I will be very interested for the response to babyface Jeffy in St. Louis too.

I can understand what your saying, and it is stupid and uneeded. But c'mon, he does look pretty funny.

What you call a major push via comedy angle I call a burial.

How is TNA suppose to build new stars when all they do is promote stupid comedy gimmicks that has a shelf life of a few weeks? These stupid gimmicks aren't going to make Lethal, Starr, Sabin overnight stars nor will it get the fan to buy merchandise. There is no money in it nor is there any future with it. Its basically a SNL skit that gets a laugh then is forgotten the next week.

I cant see how they can build a star out of Jay lethal by doing this, nor can i see them building EY into a star by doing this stupid shit with Roode inc.

But c'mon, its pretty funny.

Not true.

I thought Nash's stuff was hillarious when it was just him and Shelley (and at times with Devine) was great, but i thought the PCS was a bit lame.

And the follow up to the "exclusive" Paparazzi Cam interviews was to have Shelley lose every single match so Nash moves on to "help" Austin Starr learn how to lose matches then "help" Sonjaya Dutt decide which gas is better and now "help" Lethal get over by being goofy...

OHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Nash has saved the division from itself.

shelley loosing is TNA's fault, not Nash's. If anything, the Nash skits helped elevate Shelley. Only for TNA to fuck it up.

The fans won't see Jay Lethal as a wrestler who has draw dropping signature moves sadly the only reaction he will get is a few laughs for doing the Randy Savage impersonation which is going to keep him at the bottom of the card.

I don't see anybody out there crying for Sharkboy or Eric Young to get a title shot.