TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The Final Four Thread

Is it just me but if you don't have a specific rooting interest that the Final Four can be kind of boring compared to the rest of the tournament?

SATURDAY

Georgetown vs. Ohio State, 6:07/3:07 PM

UCLA vs. Florida, 8:47/5:47 PM

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I have no vested interest, and hope Florida smokes OSU in the finals just so I can mock my boss.

The Final Four AKA "Billy D. cashing the paycheck before going to Lexington." Leave it to UK to do everything to overshadow the FF itself.

Anyway, I have Florida vs. Georgetown in my bracket. I really, really do not want to see UCLA win tomorrow. Florida vs. either OSU or G'Town would prove watchable at least. UCLA vs. anybody is unwatchable garbage. I'm still having nightmares about that UCLA vs. IU game (even UCLA vs. Pitt was better than that).

Guest Queen Leelee

6237.jpg

"As a journalist I understand why you have to ask that question, but the guy in your ear that is telling you to ask that is not a very nice person."

"I could give a shit about Kentucky right now."

*anxiously awaits Tuesday press conference in Lexington after Roy Hossert squashes his lowly Gators*.

4 Team Parlay # 70936715

Basketball - College Lines (Game) Total

(759) Georgetown vs. (760) Ohio State Under 131 (-115) Sat@6:05p

Final Scores

Georgetown 60

Ohio State 67

Basketball - College Lines (Game) Pointspread

(760) Ohio State +1 Sat@6:05p

Final Scores

Georgetown 60

Ohio State 67

Basketball - College Lines (Game) Total

(761) UCLA vs. (762) Florida Over 130 (-115) Sat@8:45p

Final Scores

UCLA 66

Florida 76

Basketball - College Lines (Game) Pointspread

(762) Florida -3½ (-105) Sat@8:45p

Final Scores

UCLA 66

Florida 76

Outcome: Win

Risk $100.00 to win $1,202.78

I usually try not to brag about gambling wins on here, but I couldn't help myself this time. Too fun making my parlay after it looked like a lost cause when it was 7-6 halfway through the first half of the Florida/UCLA game. Also, won regular bets on both games for a total win of $2400.

OSU beating G'Town tonight was no shock. Having seen Georgetown several times I noticed that Hibbert and Green sometimes are never clicking in the same game. That along with their fairly mediocre guard play was always going to be their undoing.

Truth be told, both G'Town and UCLA were plodder teams. At least the game on Monday will be a solid matchup now. I know there will be people comparing this to Duke vs. UNLV in 1991 (hell people said that about the UCLA game tonight without realizing Ben Howland is no Coach K, and there's no Grant Hill added to this UCLA team). It actually reminds me of another Duke game, vs. Michigan in 1992.

Seriously, if OSU actually beats Florida on Monday that is one of the biggest upsets in tourney history. Having watched the previous game this year it didn't seem like the Buckeyes belonged on the same court. Given the BS luck they've had vs. Xavier and Tennessee it's not like they deserve to win the title anyway. If Florida gets up 20 on them like Tennessee did, it's over.

Florida 80, Ohio St. 63. Billy D. cuts the nets down and brings it with him to Lexington. Florida can hold the pep rally without him.

Do you even realize that the OSU freshmen were very green & Oden had one good hand when they played Florida earlier this season, cabbageboy?

Do you realize OSU is a joke to even be this far? Hey, I had them shaving 9 points off that initial assbeating at least. They're better now, but they aren't 26 points better. If Florida was going to lose, it would be last night with the UK situation distracting Donovan and the team. Didn't happen.

Should be a good championship game, but I'll always take the deeper, more balanced, more experienced team over the squad with the sleepy, occasionally average freshman center. Of course, OSU was the big favorite in the football version of this. I think Conley and Lewis will win this for Ohio State if Ohio State wins this.

Jokes/luck don't make championship games with 22 game winning streaks over the likes of Wisco (x2), Tenn, Memphis, Georgetown, etc. Quit being such a blind twit.

Guest Vitamin X

I would love for Ohio State to upset Florida here, as payback for Florida upsetting Ohio St. in football earlier.

This could be the new Notre Dame-USC, at least in terms of inter-conference teams hating the hell out of each other.

Yeah, I'd love to see OSU beat Florida too, but I'm not sure I see it happening. All the matchups work in Florida's favor. They're one of the best teams in the country at drawing fouls down low, so we'll likely see Oden on the sideline half of the game and when he is in, they have the size down low to defend him. Also, they're one of the best teams in the country at shooting the 3-ball which is OSU's biggest weakness on defense. Even though I picked OSU in my bracket, I really don't see them winning the game the more I think about it.

I was gonna go out and have a few beers and watch the championship game tonight until I found out it wasn't on until 9:30 on the East coast. The game won't be over until after midnight and I have to work at 7 in the morning. Bad enough the tournament games, it's stupid to have the championship game on that late.

Way to lose viewers, NCAA.

I was gonna go out and have a few beers and watch the championship game tonight until I found out it wasn't on until 9:30 on the East coast. The game won't be over until after midnight and I have to work at 7 in the morning. Bad enough the tournament games, it's stupid to have the championship game on that late.

Way to lose viewers, NCAA.

You think I like getting up before noon on Sunday to watch football? I deal with it without complaining.

OSU's freshmen did their job for the most part.

Florida can sure shoot from 3.

Wonder how much NBA money Noah lost this season.