TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The Final Four Thread

Guest Queen Leelee
I was gonna go out and have a few beers and watch the championship game tonight until I found out it wasn't on until 9:30 on the East coast. The game won't be over until after midnight and I have to work at 7 in the morning. Bad enough the tournament games, it's stupid to have the championship game on that late.

Way to lose viewers, NCAA.

You think I like getting up before noon on Sunday to watch football? I deal with it without complaining.

That's a lot less of an inconvenience...

Florida winning everything is getting stale!

As long as Florida keeps OSU from winning championships, I'm down with it

True dat (although i had OSU winning in my bracket)

As long as Florida keeps OSU from winning championships, I'm down with it

True dat (although i had OSU winning in my bracket)

I had Florida winning in mine... unfortunately they also were my only Final Four team

This game is going to be really good.

Really wrong there. Ohio State looked absolutely outmatched from the tip.

That's why I thought it was going to be good, lol.

This game is going to be really good.

Really wrong there. Ohio State looked absolutely outmatched from the tip.

That's why I thought it was going to be good, lol.

Then you were correct sir!

God, I thought Ohio State would at LEAST put up a fight. I don't think they got closer than seven after halftime.

For all the talk Noah gets, I think Corey Brewer will be the best NBA player. He seems to be of the Kobe/T-Mac/VC mold as a wing player that can do anything and everything on the floor. Has the height and long arms that make him a dangerous defender too.

Well shit, if OSU could've hit a damn shot from the perimeter, it would've been a lot more interesting. In the end, Florida had too much balance.

Well now I guess we get the even more heightened speculation about whether Donovan is leaving FL or not and headed to Lexington.

Congrats to the Gators and I'm glad they won since their victory put me over the top and had me vault from third place to first in my bracket pool. First time I've ever won one of those and it's pretty exciting.

I really don't dig the Luther V. version of One Shining Moment.

I would take Horford before any of the other Gators. I hate to say that Dick Vitale is right, but he is.

Wow, congrats to the Gators here. I was skeptical of their repeat chances in the 2nd half of the SEC season but I think that was a case of them clinching and not caring a whole lot about the Vandy, LSU, and Tenn. games (and really losing at Vandy and Tenn. are hardly bad losses).

Seriously, the next few days will likely determine the direction of college basketball over the next decade. If Donovan stays at Florida, they will likely keep winning and may well become the closest thing to a modern dynasty. If he goes to UK? Florida goes back to being a mid level type program, UK rises again to renew the dynasty.

I really wouldn't want to be Mitch Barnhart if he can't close the Donovan deal. If ever UK needed an AD like Tom Jurich, this is it.

Hell Yeah. Not only did we beat them in Football, we beat them in Basketball. Fuck Oden and his man lover Billy Fudegpacker.

I really don't dig the Luther V. version of One Shining Moment.

Me neither. The Teddy Pendergrass version was much better.

Although either one is better than what they used to do...I was watching the end of the 1983 NC State-Houston championship game on YouTube, and the highlights were set to "Think We're Gonna Make It" by Christopher Cross.

Why so high.

Oden and Durant are fools if they stay.

Everyone thought Tim Duncan was crazy for staying at Wake Forest, too. I really think there's a possibility Oden could come back -- it would fit his personality (or what I've seen of it). Durant, no chance.

Wow, congrats to the Gators here. I was skeptical of their repeat chances in the 2nd half of the SEC season but I think that was a case of them clinching and not caring a whole lot about the Vandy, LSU, and Tenn. games (and really losing at Vandy and Tenn. are hardly bad losses).

Seriously, the next few days will likely determine the direction of college basketball over the next decade. If Donovan stays at Florida, they will likely keep winning and may well become the closest thing to a modern dynasty. If he goes to UK? Florida goes back to being a mid level type program, UK rises again to renew the dynasty.

I really wouldn't want to be Mitch Barnhart if he can't close the Donovan deal. If ever UK needed an AD like Tom Jurich, this is it.

Basically sums up my thoughts on the issue. UK has made this a Donovan-centric search and if they don't get him then who do they go after? I dread having Rick Barnes come to UK as I don't think he's a good fit. Tom Izzo?

Guest Queen Leelee
Why so high.

Everyone thought Tim Duncan was crazy for staying at Wake Forest, too. I really think there's a possibility Oden could come back -- it would fit his personality (or what I've seen of it). Durant, no chance.

I don't recall Duncan's draft status then, but if it was probably 1st, then he was 100% wrong.

Why so high.

I don't recall Duncan's draft status then, but if it was probably 1st, then he was 100% wrong.

Look at the shit teams he would have landed on, though. He hit a goldmine with San Antonio.

Michigan hired John Beilein. Good hire, it'll be interesting to see what he can do with better recruits at Michigan instead of finding diamonds in the rough, i.e. Pittsnoggle and Gansey.

Apparently from what I'm seeing, Billy Donovan is probably going to stay at Florida. My guess is Kentucky will end up with Billy Gillespie.

Michigan hired John Beilein. Good hire, it'll be interesting to see what he can do with better recruits at Michigan instead of finding diamonds in the rough, i.e. Pittsnoggle and Gansey.

Apparently from what I'm seeing, Billy Donovan is probably going to stay at Florida. My guess is Kentucky will end up with Billy Gillespie.

I thought he re-upped? Still wouldn't shock me if Matta bolted to UK. It is his nature.

He's not the big man on campus at Florida. Despite back to back titles, it's still a college football school.

I've never understood this argument. By the end of the week, Florida will have a new contract ready for him that will make him the highest paid coach in college. He's won two national titles and is in a prime position to accomplish more before he's done. What does it matter if he's the "big man" on campus?

Guy's 41 and has already hit the highest high he'll ever hit at Florida. You really can't accomplish more at a school than back-to-back national championships. At UK he goes to one of the top--if not the top--traditional basketball schools, and gets a whole new set of challenges and expectations. He's been at UF for 10 years, which is a long time for any job; dude could want a change of pace. The money's going to be the same at either place, so I wouldn't be any more surprised to see him bolt than stick around.