TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Grand Theft Auto IV

Well, I feel stupid. I was unable to play for around a week, and I turned the game back on and had that interview with the law firm set up. I kept trying to figure out what was wrong with the suit/tie wardrobe I had been rocking since unlocking Algonquin, only to find (after over an hour) that I had to remove my glasses. That was the problem. Sheesh.

Wow, the exact same thing happened to me. Except, when it was getting to be a few minutes (in real time) until the meeting and having no direction from the game, I realized I might need to take off the glasses. It seemed you can only change wardrobe in your safehouse, so I took a taxi all the way back home, only to find out... my glasses were already off? Yeah, it made no sense to me. I just barely made it back with another taxi.

I did the same thing and figured that I needed to take the glasses off, but I only had like 5 (game minutes) to make the interview, then I rememberd that getting hit by a car makes your hats and glasses fly off, so I jumped in front of a cab. Problem solved...no glasses.

Man, Roman's drivers are heartless bitches aren't they?

I just got into a car to take my date home, and he says 'really? I thought you'd want to go to a brothel full of gay men'.

that's gold.

The angry Indian/Pakistani cabbie is one of my favourite characters. Complaining about having to drive you around for free for Roman, and bragging about how he gets so much pussy, he's surprised there's any left for other guys.

This isn't even really a complaint because I kind of prefer it the way it is now, but why is it that every time a new GTA is coming out since Vice City there have been reports from Rockstar that the city will now be completely open from the start of the game, but it has yet to actually be true. I think it would actually be a bit too much right from the start, and I'd probably end up lost, but I just don't understand the reasoning behind them promising the same thing every time and never delivering.

Okay, fuck the mission '

Three Leaf Clover

'

I've never seen so many damn cops all at the same time.

Still not completed it.

I did that this morning, and enjoyed it.

What I did was buy some armor from the gun store that's on the way to the bank. Then, I let Packie and Gerry clear up most of the cops, whilst I picked the 'stragglers' up.

Even though I dislike it sometimes, the cover feature works wonders. Especially in that mission. And don't forget you can hide behind pretty much anything, cars included.

Unless I haven't figured out how to do it, it's kind of weird that there isn't a "kick in the door" move that Niko can use when a door swings shut instead of shooting at it to open it.

I think I'm close to the end of the story, but I can see there still is a shitload to do in this city, whether it actually figures in to the completion percentage or not.

I'm at 95% and am slowly killing birds and doing stunt jumps for the last 5%. I really should have done them as I was going through the story to make it more fun...but I wanted the stupid achievement for beating the main story in less than 30 hours. Oh well.

Has anyone done the Francis missions yet,

if so what are the pros/cons of killing or sparing the dealer in the projects?

None really. If you kill him, he is..well..dead. If you don't kill him, then after another choice in the game, there is a chance he will come back and blackmail you. I am pretty sure you can figure out the results there.

Speaking of getting to 100%, is their anyway to get those maps from whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com on your phone or something or set waypoints using the maps? Because how are you using them if not?

What I love about this game is reading the paper online after a day or so after every mission and see it being reported and how. Plus the whole serial killer thing ended up being pretty funny.

I just pause the game and mark a waypoint somewhere near where the green dot is on the map. It's not exact by any means, and I agree in wishing you could upload the maps to your phone and mark things that way. It's going to be a bitch to hunt down those last 198 pigeons.

Okay, fuck the mission '

Three Leaf Clover

'

I've never seen so many damn cops all at the same time.

Still not completed it.

I did that this morning, and enjoyed it.

What I did was buy some armor from the gun store that's on the way to the bank. Then, I let Packie and Gerry clear up most of the cops, whilst I picked the 'stragglers' up.

Okay, when I tried this, Packie died.

Heh.

Edit:

Done that mission, it wasn't as hard as it was the other day when I tried.

On Derrick's first mission, the cops come when you try to take them out.. I lost my wanted level, came back and the police were still there shooting at my opposition. Was a nice easy mission.

I had this one assassination mission where I got tired of the guys riding off on Motorcycles, so I just fired a RPG shot at them from ontop of a cab across the street. It killed them all, and they were all burnt to death while still sitting ont he bikes. Awesome.

Okay, I know i'm, like, two weeks behind the rest of the world, but god damn I now love online play.

Street Races are funny, just for being a dick and mauling people who are trying to actually race like it was Forza.

I've mainly been playing Crooks and Cops (or vice-verca) and team deathmatch, although if you play single player deathmatch long enough you'll get really good at kills and it helps in the actual game too, i'm finding missions much easier now.

It's so much fun though, anybody else have the PS3 version?

I've mainly been playing Crooks and Cops (or vice-verca) and team deathmatch, although if you play single player deathmatch long enough you'll get really good at kills and it helps in the actual game too, i'm finding missions much easier now.

It's so much fun though, anybody else have the PS3 version?

*raises hand*

Alright.

I am on Out Of Commision, AKA the very last mission. Nine of my fingers are numb because of this. I've tried about ten times now,

Every single time, I beat all of the men out of the way, kill every single thing in sight, chase him outside, get on the bike, and every single bastard time I miss the jump for some reason. I'm sure this fucking thing has it in for me, I was going straight at the jump and all of a sudden my bike spins out of control. The computer here is laughing at me I know.

Ah, I can't wait to get this damn mission out of the way.

Have fun when you get here if you haven't!

Edit:

Thank god.

I was going to shut my PS3 down for good once my wing caught fire, luckily it seems that's apart of the storyline and you're supposed to get hit.

Either way.

Thank god.

I won't be going after the 100% though, 200 feathered rats?

I have 2.

Multi player I think.

It didnt occur to me to shoot the pigeons for the longest time... I'd just sort of jump on them like an Eastern European Mario, and then - having accomplished nothing - go on my way.

Every time I shoot a pigeon, I get cops on my ass for "firearm discharge"...which means I either outrun them or die, because I'm not buying all my guns again, fuck that nonsense.

So, uh, this gets better, right? I've played for about an hour, done the first mission or two, and gone on a bowling date.

The previous GTAs had all these tutorial/intro missions too, but they were actually fun. This is pretty lame so far. Maybe I need to just find my way downtown and fuck some shit up.

EDIT: You've got to be kidding me. The game takes place in New York and I can't go to Manhattan yet? That's 18 levels of stupid.