TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Entourage

I didn't like this episode at all.

It's not that it didn't go by super fast like every other episode of Entourage but I just absolutely hate the direction that they are going in.

I didn't like it because I thought they were going back to Queens... I didn't realize it was just a vacation.

Loved the season finale. Between the firing, the christening of Johnny Dramas and Vince getting the lead in a Scorsese remake of The Great Gatsby... I'm excited for next season. I want things to go well for Vince again... it's been all downhill since Medillin.

Funniest part was Turtle's mom catching him having phone sex with Jamie-Lynn.

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of the season finale. Like, all of a sudden out of the blue, Martin Scorsese calls looking for Vince because of what E did a few weeks earlier. How convenient. And then E goes back to Vince like nothing ever happened? Now Vince is shooting another movie, Ari is still the agent and the gang is all back together.

This season did a lot of bait-and-switching as far as where these characters were going, just to end up right back where they started.

I admit that the premise of E doing his own thing in the next season was interesting to me and I agree with what Spike said about the bait-and-switch of the season.

Having said that I marked out like a motherfucker when Marty appeared.

They showed the Curb with Scorsese on HBO Comedy earlier last evening. Does the guy have an acting contract with them? Maybe Marty can finally land a pilot next year.

Anyways, despite my hatred for the first part of the season, I thought it recovered nicely. Tonight's episode had some laughs, but man is it ever boring to revert suddenly back to the status quo. It would have been a hell of a cliffhanger if my cable had gone out at 9:25, I guess.

One thing that grates on my nerves...from what we saw from Vince on Smoke Jumpers (when he was allowed to speak), I thought his acting was awful (which is hard to tell how that factors into the story because it's unclear whether Grenier was trying to act well or act badly...oi), but luckily Dana Gordon, her boss, Gus Van Sant, and Martin Scorsese were all there to remind us that Vince is the Jesus Christ of acting. I thought we'd get a bit more from that story line since Ari himself seemed to doubt Vince in earlier episodes. Oh, well, at least Ari had some great moments.

Oh, last week Gary Cole walked into the office with Ari and never spoke. That's the first and last we see of his character after Ari threatened the civil war at the luncheon two weeks ago. Boy, I sure do wish we knew what the fuck happened to that!

I had a big ol fuckin grin on my face when Scorsese got on the screen. I loved it and it's great that Vince is on top again. Maybe Vince will become the next DeNiro/Leo with the Scorsese films. But that would be too boring.

Soo will Turtle stay in NY or will be go back to be with Jamie-Lynn?

I don't mind the happy ending this year for Vince, being that he spent an entire season in the dumps. I was looking forward to Eric and Vince away from each other for longer than 10 minutes though. The reunion would have been good

The ending was a little on the sappy side, and I would have accepted a more grim looking ending to the season with the Scorcese stuff to happen in the season opener, but fuck it, I still enjoyed it.

And yeah, Gary Cole's stuff was kinda pointless being that it's didn't play up to anything at the end of the season

Gary Cole has joined the cast for next season, and will be a series regular.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...721bc47b071e145

Gary Cole joins 'Entourage'

Actor takes regular role to be introduced in November

By Nellie Andreeva

Oct 24, 2008, 12:00 AM ET

Ari Gold has a friend. Who knew?

Gary Cole is set to join HBO's comedy "Entourage" as a regular next season, playing Hollywood agent Andrew Klein, Ari's (Jeremy Piven) oldest Hollywood friend from their early days in the business.

Cole is introducing the character this season in a three-episode arc slated to air in November.

"Entourage," which is halfway though its fifth season, recently was picked up for a sixth season to begin production in early 2009 for a summer launch.

Cole, repped by ICM and Envoy Entertainment, recently co-starred in the Judd Apatow-produced "Pineapple Express" and on ABC's "Desperate Housewives." He next appears in "The Joneses" and in November will join the cast of the Steppenwolf Theatre Company production of "August: Osage County" at London's National Theatre.