TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

oAo Monday Night Raw Thread -- 4/9/2007

But however, in reality, under "normal" wrestling rules that finish shouldn't be allowed to fucking matter. Orton was making NO kind of pinning motion,

New Age Outlaws Vs. Legion of Doom - Backlash '98 - German suplex spot by Hawk. Both sets of shoulders down. Draw. Tie goes to champion.

HHH Vs. HBK - Raw Dec '03 - Michaels falls on HHH after Chin Music. both shoulders down. Draw. Tie goes to champions.

Steamboat Vs. Flair - Stampede '94 - Steamboat has chicken wing submission on - Flair falls back, both shoulders down. Draw. Tie goes to champion.

The ref always counts the aggressors shoulders, even when he has a submission on.

I know they wanted to do the rise and super kick spot but if they really wanted to do the double pin, should have just done the suplex or chickenwing finish instead.

Guest robrabies

Am I the only one hoping someone turns heel on the Make A Wish kid and delivers their finisher on him?

Whose kid is that anyways? Or did they just place a ad for children's actors? If it actually is a make-a-wish kid, that's great but it's supposed to set up some angle, so i'm cautious.

But however, in reality, under "normal" wrestling rules that finish shouldn't be allowed to fucking matter. Orton was making NO kind of pinning motion,

New Age Outlaws Vs. Legion of Doom - Backlash '98 - German suplex spot by Hawk. Both sets of shoulders down. Draw. Tie goes to champion.

HHH Vs. HBK - Raw Dec '03 - Michaels falls on HHH after Chin Music. both shoulders down. Draw. Tie goes to champions.

Steamboat Vs. Flair - Stampede '94 - Steamboat has chicken wing submission on - Flair falls back, both shoulders down. Draw. Tie goes to champion.

The ref always counts the aggressors shoulders, even when he has a submission on.

See, there's where it gets muddy. In submission-pins, it could make sense, because the guy's leverage is keeping him down, somewhat.

But that spot? HBK is just laying on him wrong. Orton makes no kind of pinning motion. It's just dumb.

They should have the kid turn heel at the end of the show, doing something to hurt Foley. Then have him cut a promo and say that nothing is actually wrong with him at all, then spit right in Foley's face. I don't know who he could be with, Umaga maybe. :P