TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

oAo Monday Night Raw thread- 4/16/07

I think this is gona encourage more drunk fans to try and jump in the ring and think they can win a title

Raw comes to Wilkes-Barre, PA on June 11. Anyone want to join me in my pursuit of the tag team championship?

I live in PA ;p

Do you think anyone would notice if some random fans won the tag belts? the WWE doesn't even have a real tag division.

Or an IC belt division for that matter.

So, when Santino tries to wrestle again...is he just going to get his ass kicked? I mean, his gimmick is that of a random fan that got lucky thanks to Bobby Lashley. Not exactly a ton of shelf-life on that.

Or is he going to suddenly gain a ton of ability out of nowhere?

It's not like he was completely lost out there in the first place. They showed him having a little talent in taking it to Umaga at the start. It would be interesting if they showed his progression as a wrestler while trying to hold on to the title.

I like it. It harms Umaga a ton... but as far as a way to debut someone, I don't mind it.

I think this is gona encourage more drunk fans to try and jump in the ring and think they can win a title

Raw comes to Wilkes-Barre, PA on June 11. Anyone want to join me in my pursuit of the tag team championship?

I live in PA ;p

Do you think anyone would notice if some random fans won the tag belts? the WWE doesn't even have a real tag division.

I live in PA too all three of us can jump the Hardy's and win the belts.

I live in PA ;p

You couldn't win the tag belts, Cade and Murdoch are the number one contenders, just like Cryme Time were...

... ok maybe you could.

So, when Santino tries to wrestle again...is he just going to get his ass kicked? I mean, his gimmick is that of a random fan that got lucky thanks to Bobby Lashley. Not exactly a ton of shelf-life on that.

It's not like he was completely lost out there in the first place. They showed him having a little talent in taking it to Umaga at the start. It would be interesting if they showed his progression as a wrestler while trying to hold on to the title.

I like it. It harms Umaga a ton... but as far as a way to debut someone, I don't mind it.

It doesn't harm Umaga... it took three chairshots to put him out AND Lashley held the guy (albeit not wonderfully) on top of him for the pin. And when Lashley wins at Backlash he's just going to pin Shane or Vince, so that won't harm him either. He's been INCREDIBLY protected.

I live in PA ;p

I'm considering the merits of recruiting Snitsky and jump-starting the Pocono Connection. Managed by thesmartmarks.com!

I live in PA ;p

I'm considering the merits of recruiting Snitsky and jump-starting the Pocono Connection. Managed by thesmartmarks.com!

Niiice. Can't be worse than any other gimmick ideas on Raw nowadays. :/

It doesn't harm Umaga... it took three chairshots to put him out AND Lashley held the guy (albeit not wonderfully) on top of him for the pin. And when Lashley wins at Backlash he's just going to pin Shane or Vince, so that won't harm him either. He's been INCREDIBLY protected.

All people will remember is Umaga losing the title to a guy from the stands. That's it. Having Vince or Shane taking the fall and Umaga destroying this guy in a non-title match or something is the only solution.

I live in PA ;p

I could be a great visual representation of TSM.com. I could just randomly whine and talk down to people. Whenever your big tag finisher hits I'll jump up on the apron and scream "BANNED!" as loud as I can. You'd have to wear masks though, to keep up internet anonymity.

All people will remember is Umaga losing the title to a guy from the stands. That's it. Having Vince or Shane taking the fall and Umaga destroying this guy in a non-title match or something is the only solution.

Remember the last time they ran this type of thing, they got Steve Blackman out of it.

that was awesome seeing shelton sell that flying back elbow about 10 seconds too soon.

So awesome....awesomely bad.

Guest whizzo
European soccer fans are great but where oh where are the people with the flares?

and the nazi / Communist flags. And the violence.

If thats a crowd of Italian Footie fans I think Umaga is lucky to be alive :)

They couldn't have done a worse job of cherry picking someone out of the OVW/DSW rosters to place in what would have to be a face gimmick. I mean, I know we're not supposed to take it seriously but he doesn't look like a "fan" and such.

Hopefully, they will at least have him say he was a shoot fighter (which goes along with his OVW character) to explain why he held his own. Otherwise, just being a random fan won't cut it. At least it was an attempt to debut someone in a big enough way.

They couldn't have done a worse job of cherry picking someone out of the OVW/DSW rosters to place in what would have to be a face gimmick. I mean, I know we're not supposed to take it seriously but he doesn't look like a "fan" and such.

Hopefully, they will at least have him say he was a shoot fighter (which goes along with his OVW character) to explain why he held his own. Otherwise, just being a random fan won't cut it. At least it was an attempt to debut someone in a big enough way.

At least he's Italian.

Guest whizzo

He is obviously an Ultra!

Wasn't John Tenta's debut done in a similar fashion that being picked from the crowd.

Guest whizzo

Wasn't John Tenta's debut done in a similar fashion that being picked from the crowd.

Not Quite. In Kayfabe he was supposed to be a plant that the opponent(cant remember who) pulled out