TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thoth

The OAO Pokemon Thread

Diamond and Pearl are out, and a number of you have DS'es. Someone had to pick this up.

Thoughts? Friend codes?

I'm enjoying it so far, being a numbers and stats freak.

Is this the only RPG in existence that isn't full of hours of CGI?

Besides citing pre-FFVII games, there are still roguelikes that pop up now and then.

Oh and X___g____ didn't have hours of CGI. Instead it had....the chair....

Xenosaga is another matter.

Personally, I had a cup of tea with Fire Red and haven't gone back since, although I had fun during that time.

So it is possible to transfer pokemon from the Pearl and Diamond games to the Wii one like every other colosseum game did in the past?

Gotta collect them all!

My friend's cousin used to have Pokemon Colosseum and my friends and I used to play the HELL out of the mini-games on there. Funny thing was the R button was missing on one controller, so during certain games one player was always handicapped.

So it is possible to transfer pokemon from the Pearl and Diamond games to the Wii one like every other colosseum game did in the past?

Gotta collect them all!

Yes, Pokemon Battle Revolution is the first game to use DS-Wii connectivity.

Unless it's a Netgear router (model WGR614), which basically don't work with the DS or Wii.

I played my first online match (via Friend codes). Voice chat occurs throughout the entire match, including pre-match and post-match. It's not crystal-clear, but it sounds fine if you have headphones on. I'm not using the DS Headset that released the same day as Pokemon, but I found I didn't need to talk directly into the microphone for it to work.

I got toasted pretty good, though.

The Global Trade Center is also awesome. I traded a Pachirisu for a Piplup, and this Piplup has Ice Beam and Surf already.

I actually chose Piplup to start (don't ask me why, water ones have seemed to be easy to get) and steamrolled the first gym (rock types hehe). My party's pretty diverse (Piplup, Starly, Bidoof, Machop, Shinx, and Kricketot) and I haven't run into anything terribly difficult so far. That Kricketot had better evolve into something kickass, because I hate having Bide as his only attack and I don't want to waste a TM if I don't have to.

Kricketot evolves into Kricketune, which still kind of sucks.

The second gym is grass type, but you can catch a Ponyta before you challenge it. That Kricketune might actually be worthwhile for it, too.