TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

Over-rated Bullshit Movies

Saving Private Ryan. The opening scene was fucking great, but the following two hours were boring as fuck.

oh man, I don't agree at ALL...that last battle was fantastic! The dude blowing to pieces with the sticky bomb, Adam Goldberg's character's sick death scene, all hope pretty much lost for the American soldiers before the bombbers help them out...great sequence!

have to agree, yet again, with Curry up there. I hate Ben Affleck, can't stand him whatsoever, but he's very watchable in Chasing Amy...Dogma, too, for that matter.

Plus Wade dying on that mountain was one of the more touching scenes....ever. And the german digging his grave...man, that movie just kicked so much ass. Saving Private Ryan just ruled.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

The last four Star Wars movies.

Especially Jedi.

Serenity *puts on flame proof suit from angry Whedon fanboys* Sorry, but I thought it was one hideously boring as shit movie, and yes. I sat through and watched Firefly and still fucking hated it.

Saving Private Ryan. The opening scene was fucking great, but the following two hours were boring as fuck.

oh man, I don't agree at ALL...that last battle was fantastic! The dude blowing to pieces with the sticky bomb, Adam Goldberg's character's sick death scene, all hope pretty much lost for the American soldiers before the bombbers help them out...great sequence!

have to agree, yet again, with Curry up there. I hate Ben Affleck, can't stand him whatsoever, but he's very watchable in Chasing Amy...Dogma, too, for that matter.

Actually anytime Affleck is in a Kevin Smith movie he does a good job. It seems like Kevin is the only person that can get a watchable performace out of the guy.

Actually anytime Affleck is in a Kevin Smith movie he does a good job. It seems like Kevin is the only person that can get a watchable performace out of the guy.

I wasn't aware Kevin Smith also directed Changing Lanes, Armageddon, Good Will Hunting and Boiler Room.

Serenity *puts on flame proof suit from angry Whedon fanboys* Sorry, but I thought it was one hideously boring as shit movie, and yes. I sat through and watched Firefly and still fucking hated it.

Im with you on this one.

And yes, ive also watched Firefly.

I wasn't aware Kevin Smith also directed Changing Lanes, Armageddon, Good Will Hunting and Boiler Room.

:lol: but he was executive producer on Good Will Hunting.

ben affleck was terrible in 'boiler room'. i mean, it was enjoyably terrible, but he still hammed the fuck out of it.

Affleck was very good in Changing Lanes, Good Will Hunting, and Hollywoodland. I suggest you check those movies out and see if maybe your opinion changes.

And a BIG FU to the Saving Private Ryan and Star Wars haters from yours truly. :)

Affleck was very good in Changing Lanes, Good Will Hunting, and Hollywoodland. I suggest you check those movies out and see if maybe your opinion changes.

And a BIG FU to the Saving Private Ryan and Star Wars haters from yours truly. :)

I hated Changing Lanes Affleck was shit in it. As far as the other two, Good Will Hunting was a good movie and he was watchable in it, but I find that movie needs to be on the overrated list. Plus Smith probably did rewrites on it since he was the executive producer. Hollwoodland was a good movie and he was good in that. There is always the exception to the rule. He was also bearable in School Ties.

I'm going to add Dazed and Confused and Half-Baked to the overrated list as well. People seem to think these are great films. They are bearly watchable, especially Half-Baked.

You know.....I didn't like the godfather. There. I said it. I understand why people do like it, but yeah....just don't care for it.

someone mentioned godfather II. its only boring if you haven't seen the first & you're completely braindead.

The final scenes of the family dinner and Michael staring into the void...brilliant, point made. The several hours leading up to it is a drone that I find impossible to be involved in. I just don't feel the same level of rising subtle tension and drama that drove the original Godfather, nor does everything feel as purposeful and necessary. And while I understand the important contrast of the two stories of Vito and Michael, it is as heavy handed as it is long winded. Those closing scenes speak volumes more than watching Vito's entire life story contrasted with every tedious aspect of Michael's new life as the Don.

someone mentioned godfather II. its only boring if you haven't seen the first & you're completely braindead.

The final scenes of the family dinner and Michael staring into the void...brilliant, point made. The several hours leading up to it is a drone that I find impossible to be involved in. I just don't feel the same level of rising subtle tension and drama that drove the original Godfather, nor does everything feel as purposeful and necessary. And while I understand the important contrast of the two stories of Vito and Michael, it is as heavy handed as it is long winded. Those closing scenes speak volumes more than watching Vito's entire life story contrasted with every tedious aspect of Michael's new life as the Don.

Godfather 2 is a tale of two movies in my book. The stuff involving young Vito is excellent, the stuff involving Michael is inconsistant and, at times, tedious

'godfather II' does have quite a bit of filler to it, but i think michael's story is far more compelling than young vito. young vito has no interesting supporting cast at all (apart from the local don he kills), his scenes feel pretty rote and not dynamic or interesting; michael is surrounded by some of the most finely-developed characters ever, especially fredo and tom hagan. still a great movie.

Pirates of the Carribean hands down. The first one was a fun movie at best and part 2 was a complete borefest!

Pirates of the Carribean hands down. The first one was a fun movie at best and part 2 was a complete borefest!

I personally think the first one was complete garbage. But i thought the second one was quite good.

I've yet to see a single Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

I've also never seen a single Harry Potter film.

Harry Potter part 4 is good, the rest is average/shitty. Part 4 doesn't focus as much on little kids like the other movies, the girl is older and getting hotter and finally Voldemort shows up and he's kind of badass.

Pirates of the Caribbean 1 was bad, 2 was quite exciting.

I'd have to agree with the people who said Boondock Saints and Wedding Crashers. Two of my friends hyped up Boondock Saints so much, even went and bought t-shirts of it, but I was really disappointed when I saw it. It didn't live up to the hype at all. I've only watched it once since. And Wedding Crashers really wasn't that funny at all, but that might be in part because I can't stand Owen Wilson.

I appear to be on the one only people in the world who likes Owen Wilson.

For all of the Owen Wilson haters, see the movie The Minus Man. He's awesome in it and it's not a comedy at all.