TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haVoc

The OAO Raw Thread 5-14-07

I know it's just easier to identify him with it at the beginning of his song.......but "you think you know me" hasn't been relevant to Edge's character in YEARS.

We apparently still don't know him....

I know him:

l_c214e040cced5acd9a73952f6c4972d9.jpg

Edge: "Has anyone ever told you that you bear a striking resemblance to Bud Bundy?"

Me: *LOL2005*

Cameraman: *click*

So is everyone pumped to watch Edge job to HBK? Hell they should cut to Triple H in the back laughing saying "no one 1 ups me!"

don't talk about Triple H. He's working out like a hermit so he can come back and wrestle for all of us. Just the mere mention of his name could distract him. I hope Beautiful Day pt. 2 is in the making.

I only have 1 thing to say.......

I like the fact that Scully and Mulder are helping HHH to the back.

I was sober, but laughing due to what he said, hence the LOL2005 (It was May 2005).

I have that picture on my MySpace to go along with the Edge theme now. You probably didn't see that.

I know it's just easier to identify him with it at the beginning of his song.......but "you think you know me" hasn't been relevant to Edge's character in YEARS.

We apparently still don't know him....

I know him:

l_c214e040cced5acd9a73952f6c4972d9.jpg

Edge: "Has anyone ever told you that you bear a striking resemblance to Bud Bundy?"

Me: *LOL2005*

Cameraman: *click*

It's nice of Edge to sign autographs for the mentally challenged.

I like HBK, and Edge, but I must say that the booking here really sucked a bit of the wind out of the Edge/SD angle.

And Randy Orton stands tall at the end of RAW, standing over HBK, with the world champ over on the side knocked out as well. It must feel great to be punished in WWE land. :lol:

Guest NitroJMS

What exactly was the point of jobbing out your new champion? Shawn doesn't need the win at all. Leave it to WWE to flush my faith down the toilet just 6 days after the Edge win.

I can't believe they are recycling the Owen-HBK angle either.

Seriously, WTF was the purpose booking that match like that?

Triple H wanted Edge to be one of his job bitches when he comes back.........he was totally against Edge being moved to Smackdown and winning the title.........

Read between the lines....

I thought Vince was smart when he didn't listen to that idiot Hunter, but in the end he did.

It's probably his way of trying to keep them both happy, Edge wanted to avoid working with H in the worst way possible. Either way anyone who thinks Triple H doesn't have pull and doesn't have a desire to bury people doesn't pay attention.......

Edge was way over as a heel.......he burried him in the DX angle....wanted to do it again when he came back and basically wanted to make Edge a non factor as a ME then when Edge gets what he wants and off of Raw and away from all that Triple H basically got really pissed off last week and now you see the result.

Does Edge have no backstage pull to get out of a job like that? I'm sure he could have convinced somebody in the back to not job him out to HBK like that.

He's dealing with HHH and HBK.....no one has pull to that level. Yea H I don't wanna do that "yea fuck you my wife is your boss"

Edge is probably fortunate things worked out they did or he'd have been Triple H's jobber bitch in a few months....

Does no one remember Kurt Angle getting the exact same treatment when he won the World Title? I can't see how anyone didn't see this coming.

I figured that would happen, or Orton would get involved in the match leading to a no-contest or costing HBK the match. Either way, no matter that they've done it before, I still don't totally get why they'd do that to Edge at this moment in time. The guy was riding a wave for the past week, on a major high. Doing this is almost like what they do to people at times when they leave WWE and are going to a different company, only this time Edge is just going to a different show.

That was just pure idiocy tonight. It doesn't surprise me, since when I heard Edge was showing up on Raw one last time I knew they would find some way to bury him in his last Raw appearance. They have a disturbing way of doing that with anyone leaving Raw for SD, jobbing them hard on that last Raw. What's even worse, he jobbed flat out 100% clean to Michaels, who was working a concussion angle during the match! How much more of a jobber can Edge be made to look like?

Take a look at this PPV lineup for Sunday. You have Cena/Khali, Orton/HBK, Flair/Carlito, and the whole Vince and Co. vs. Lashley thing that are Raw (I know the last is technically ECW but it's on Raw more). Meanwhile SD, the best actual show right now, has like 2 matches on the PPV (Edge/Batista and Benoit/MVP)....and this is really supposed to be SD's PPV. Let's call this use of all 3 brands on PPVs for what it really is, namely an excuse to push Raw. I thought initially they might keep the PPV setup roughly the same, but add maybe 1 match from the other shows to call it an all brand PPV. For instance Judgment Day would remain mostly SD, but maybe toss on Punk/Burke from ECW and HBK/Orton from Raw to make it all brand. Instead they're seemingly set on making every PPV roughly 60% Raw, 30% SD, and 10% ECW.

This is going to just burn out the drawing power of the already overexposed guys on Raw.

Edge 1 upped Triple H, simple as that he wanted away from Triple H and got it, Triple H didn't want that so you see the result.

That was just pure idiocy tonight. It doesn't surprise me, since when I heard Edge was showing up on Raw one last time I knew they would find some way to bury him in his last Raw appearance. They have a disturbing way of doing that with anyone leaving Raw for SD, jobbing them hard on that last Raw. What's even worse, he jobbed flat out 100% clean to Michaels, who was working a concussion angle during the match! How much more of a jobber can Edge be made to look like?

Take a look at this PPV lineup for Sunday. You have Cena/Khali, Orton/HBK, Flair/Carlito, and the whole Vince and Co. vs. Lashley thing that are Raw (I know the last is technically ECW but it's on Raw more). Meanwhile SD, the best actual show right now, has like 2 matches on the PPV (Edge/Batista and Benoit/MVP)....and this is really supposed to be SD's PPV. Let's call this use of all 3 brands on PPVs for what it really is, namely an excuse to push Raw. I thought initially they might keep the PPV setup roughly the same, but add maybe 1 match from the other shows to call it an all brand PPV. For instance Judgment Day would remain mostly SD, but maybe toss on Punk/Burke from ECW and HBK/Orton from Raw to make it all brand. Instead they're seemingly set on making every PPV roughly 60% Raw, 30% SD, and 10% ECW.

This is going to just burn out the drawing power of the already overexposed guys on Raw.

Listen to casual Joe who buys PPV's and watches the WWE talk, they think Raw is the best show and Smackdown sucks, it's sad but true.

Names>Quality to alot of people.

Well, truth be told right now I'm not sure what all SD could contribute to a multi brand PPV. Aside from World and US title matches they don't have a particularly hot angle. I suppose they could add D & D vs. L & K to the PPV. Once guys like Rey, Booker, and UT get back SD would have more star power to add to PPVs.

I read that Kennedy will likely end up on Raw when he gets back from injury and will settle in as that #3 type face behind Cena and HBK. Man, he went from a surefire title shot at WM to an almost certain World title run on SD with UT hurt to now being in that dead zone on Raw where he can't ever get beyond a certain point. Well, Kennedy...you wanted on Raw all this time, now you get your wish.

Does Edge have no backstage pull to get out of a job like that? I'm sure he could have convinced somebody in the back to not job him out to HBK like that.

He's dealing with HHH and HBK.....no one has pull to that level. Yea H I don't wanna do that "yea fuck you my wife is your boss"

Edge is probably fortunate things worked out they did or he'd have been Triple H's jobber bitch in a few months....

I'm sure if there IS one person who does have stroke at the level of HHH and HBK would be Undertaker.